Why do I get the feeling HC is going to fizzle out faster than SOM?

Retail HC would be a parody. It is all but impossible to die while levelling.

I am SO hoping that we get enough servers to make it actually playable, and that they iron out all the bugs still present before launch. I am looking forward to the official HC servers.

For several reasons I think the HC servers will have longevity:

• The HC way of playing is the ultimate casual experience. Take a break? No probs, your guildies will all be there - on new characters most probably and still levelling.

• If you die at high level or with fabulous random drops not all is lost, you can transfer.

• The baseline rules paired with no griefing in place opens up for multiple challenges. You level “Normally” as a starter, if you make it, well why not try to make it a bit harder by going naked, or no-pet, or barehand, or no trade, or, or, or?

• you know that a death is a death, so any character making it to max level is a hero.

3 Likes

HC will do just fine, until people past level 40 start dying to DC and have no way to appeal it.

It cannot succeed without an appeal system when disconnects are a thing.

HC servers are going to get DDOS constantly.

2 Likes

lol

I’m loving the fact that there is no appeal.

The crying is going to be amazing.

5 Likes

It’s started already.

1 Like

I think you’re going to find that many people were only surviving from appeals, including raids and other things, while blaming everything on disconnects etc. Yes, people disconnect sometimes, but many people are also gaming that. People have been blaming “lag” and “disconnects” for personal mistakes and laziness in online games since online games existed.

7 Likes

We are gonna see 2 things:

LOTS of rogues

R Druids going into a dungeon and dashing as soon as the fight starts when they halfway thru a dungeon and have “bad lag” so they had to dash to survive.

Because you’re a hater with a weird fixation on a community that doesn’t need you to validate it.

2 Likes

I hit 60 around a month ago in Hardcore on a warrior (finally!). Prior that, I had a massive itch to play official but now that has slowly died off for me. I think one of the main reasons for me is the fact that ive already been playing HC for a while now, and then they announced HC and proceeded to wait 3+ months to release it.

2 Likes

I think it will have a good go to be honest. People love classic and what a better way to waste more of your time playing World of Warcraft then restarting every time you die. Plus once the bots get good enough to boost everyone without ever making a mistake, you can easily just sub a new character in that got powerleveled for bought gold. Shouldn’t be a problem since blizzard can’t afford a $20 dollar an hour game master.

Then when you do your 100th Molten Core run for your GM’s binding or BWL for the 16th warriors DFT, you can at least pick up the scrap and gear really easily. Or you can just go to your local GDKP and support more Indonesian families via gold buying. Queue the Sarah Mclachlan music. Either way, showing off to your friends you HC accomplishments is gonna be so cool.

HC HYPE HC HYPE

3 Likes

Gratz . Warriors is more HC than some other classes it seems.

2 Likes

yawn
this is like never leaving your house because lightning might strike you :expressionless:

Yep.

For some death ='s delete is what we do after retail and/or wrath chores are caught up on.

My take away is all wow versions grind. Some just pick goals for that grind they like lol. HC for me is…cool, this one is now my longest lived. Lets see how higher this goes.

Some say wasted time. That is gaming or other time wasters people may have in general really. BUt sometimes you need those time wasters. SO its all good.

1 Like

It’s weird that people think something won’t be popular just because they aren’t personally interested in it.

If you’re not excited for the HC servers it doesn’t really matter because they weren’t made for you.

5 Likes

It sort of seems this is exactly what the HC community wants…

3 Likes

Yeah but no one in the HC community has a job or family or any type pf responsibility so you have to consider that.

i think you are projecting, mate
as someone else said, HC is the most casual friendly mode imaginable :expressionless:

1 Like

No I was making a joke in reference to the person who I replied to quoted.

Im excited for HC for real, wil also be /pvp flagged all the time

I have been planning what my character would be, the class, the settlement, profession.

since i will be pvp flagged, maybe i would make an orc that take the journey to settle at thunderbluff and probably too afraid to leave TB but still leave to level up during server night time when less people play

Which is great cos its another alt to the retail wow that i currently play

1 Like

Hard to say for sure, but I think its like every situation; a mix of outcomes that manifests as a whole that many will stereotype as some sorta thing that really isn’t accurate but fits their talking points.

Overall, will it be a rousing success? Maybe.

It doesn’t have to be rousing. It jsut needs to have people log into some wow more than 2 nights a week as I see it lol.

BG3 has come.

Skyrim in space comes soon. then its creation kit. I actually look more forward to that release. the mod tools come a month or so later usually.

This jsut needs to have people play wow more than 2 nights a week. Retail or wrath, both have raid loggers. BLizzard I think just wants them in a blizzard game in some way after.

Worst case scenario. Its friday, wow is down 50% log ins, steam is up 50% across bg3 or starfield. Quite the coincidence there lol.

1 Like