Why do I even play warrior?

tbh, I think warrior is perfectly fine. I’ve had a lot of success with this class this xpac, both in pvp and pve. Maybe it’s just you?

6 Likes

I got to 2200 as fury but arms I just can’t do crap with idk

I play arms in arena. Always been around 2200+ . This season though there’s a lot of broken classes. You’ll need like 20% versatility and at least one good tank trinket. I like arms but it’s not for everyone. The spec is very clunky and slow.

Better pvpers than I have already addressed that piece but if

that’s the case, that is completely on you. Fury does amazing damage in M+. No one familiar with Fury’s capabilities is not taking it because of damage.

5 Likes

Warriors are honorable, we have pride and if your even entertaining the thought of rolling a dh (one of our mortal enemy’s) then you absolutely should not be a warrior.

skyhold does not serve your kind

2 Likes

Some motivation if you need it ^.^

4 Likes

I don’t do a lot of pvp, mainly just to get the essences and that’s it. I enjoy the random BG now and again, but nothing too in depth. I understand what you’re saying, but if you’re switching to DH, than good luck.
That being said, having played both I vastly enjoy the high paced play style of Fury compared to Havoc. There is a reason my DH is just going to be a Miner/herbalist to feed materials to my Warrior. That said, play what you find enjoyable. Maybe try Fury for a while, might grow on you.

I don’t play fury because I do pvp…So hard to switch to spec, get good traits and different stats.

Because Havoc is the sorriest, most braindead excuse for a spec this game has ever seen, and you at least have to use a modicum of brain power to play Arms/Fury.

2 Likes

So get two sets of azerite! :stuck_out_tongue:

That being said… arms can perform adequately. You just have to work a bit harder for it and an equally geared/skilled fury warrior will usually out dps you.

If that doesn’t matter to you though, keep on truckin’. Arms used to be my favorite so I can relate to wanting to play it.

Chin up! Keep at it!

Haha, I love that.

Also the case for me, Cataclysm and Legion I played Arms warrior. It was a hell of a lot of fun and could compete very well during those expansions.
For proof, here is an old video (7 yrs now) of one of my raid kills.

1 Like

Fury is about the best DPS you can get in M+. No ramp up time, good damage regardless of mob count and great single target. I haven’t been in a group yet that had a fury underperform. It isn’t the hardest spec to play after all.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you’re winging about. Wars are just fine in M+ and Raid scenarios. You’ve barely pushed keys (your highest this season is a 4 and absolutely zero raid progression in EP. I’m not up on how current metas are working in PvP right now, so I can’t speak there, but in the PvE world: Wars are just fine. (If your damage is garbage, you’re doing something wrong).

4 Likes

I’m talking about pvp mostly, that and I hate having to get new traits and different stats just to go fury because people don’t like arms in pve. I love fury and if he was good at pve and pvp at the same time I wouldn’t be complaining. Just sucks I have to switch specs so much because they can’t just make them both decent at everything. Not amazing just decent, that is all I want.

Both specs are decent in both pve and pvp. Arms is the weaker of the two in pve and it is viable for CE raiding and keys up to +20. Fury’s generally weaker in pvp but is pretty competitive in 2s and does a ton of damage in bgs. The class is really good.

4 Likes

I could go one step further and say that Fury is a coveted spec in M+. I have 2 Fury Warriors on Btag, neither one tanks or plays Arms and both are near 2200 in M+. One of them didn’t crack 2K last season.

Aedan is correct in an earlier post, people don’t avoid Fury because of their lack of damage. They are a benefit in M+, not a hindrance.

1 Like

It’s not a perfect comparison, but I feel like we’re about where WW monks were last season, particularly with the rise of monk and paladin tanks.

On melee friendly weeks or with physical damage heavy comps in general, if you’re not using a warrior tank, you’re making a mistake if you don’t have a fury warrior. And our damage is so good you’re not gimping yourself by bringing one even if your tank is a warrior.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Fury, they excel in consistently high cleave and aoe that doesn’t slow their ST down. Their ST is not the best but its still rather good. Where they hurt is not having a baseline interrupt other then that they are fine. They have no burst because their whole damn rotation is burst.

1 Like