Why Do Humies Get 8/9 New Hairstyles While Other Races Only Get Like 3?

The three new hairstyles that male belves get are pretty decent.

My reasoning was gonna be cuz forsaken can’t grow hair, but do wigs not exists in Azeroth?!

1 Like

It’s Blizzard’s master plan to balance populations.

You guys have to be careful cutting your hair, its not like it grows back.

1 Like

That’s because the Undead are supposed to work through replacing flesh, not through living biological cellular division.

It’s this way since the origin of the Undead in Maldraxxus. There, if you want stronger arms you beat someone with stronger arms than yours and take their arms for yourself.

If your hair is short and you want longer hair, you gotta take it from someone else with long hair that doesn’t need a scalp anymore.

1 Like

Sure would be nice to wear my hair down, that can’t be a difficult task. Then again I’d think the same about facial expressions and yet here we are. :3

You guys are scary indeed.

1 Like

Rumor has it humies made this game. I think its a conspiracy, you should probably organize a protest or something.

I think appearances are not final at launch, and they’re going to be working on adding those throughout the expansion.

Quite obvious to me that they are more interested in making all the actual humans who play this game be able to visually identify with the humans of WOW, and its a fine effort.
Certainly not a fan of them switching NPCs though.

But either way, the other races are not that diverse as they are not modeled after us, so that’s where we are at.

I am more than satisfied with most of the customization stuff though honestly.

1 Like

Give em a break, They’re choosing human in a fantasy rpg, they need all the help they can get.

4 Likes

Can’t figure out how to word it without sounding racist, but they got extra to go with the new African and Asian facial structure options. They don’t get tats, leaves, or anything else remarkable otherwise so I think it’s fair.

1 Like

Mentioning a race exists isn’t racist. You’re fine.

1 Like

Except the Draenei also got as many hairstyles as Humans.

It’s like some people get 9 and some people get 3.

There are no Draenei IRL.

So that’s not an excuse.

3 Likes

you’re also getting the option to have skin grafts and non crappy elbows and knees for your armor.

1 Like

And that is great! :smiley:

But it doesn’t replace Blood Elf Female Hairstyles :frowning:

2 Likes

I don’t really care how many hair styles each race got tbh, so no clue about any of that.
I am just explaining why Human got so many.

They aren’t “new” hair styles for Humans. They are just hairstyles people use IRL added to the game.

But ya, as others said its probably because for some races there was way more work spent on other customization than just hair.

2 Likes

Because humans irl are amazingly diverse and the devs decided to update the game to reflect that*

Fixed that for you.

1 Like

Blood Elf customization is lacking though.

Draenei are getting lots of hairstyles, tendril customization, horn customization, tail customization, forehead jewelry, hair jewelry, tail jewelry, lots of jewelry colors, etc.

Blood Elves are getting a few jewelry choices with only two colors, 3 hairstyles and some horribly pixelated gold/silver thingies painted as 2D textures on their hands.

It’s like they forgot that Blood Elves are the most played race in WoW, and therefore the one that would benefit the largest amount of players with an upgrade in customization.

Maybe they are saving Blood Elf stuff for post-launch. They did save the new Blood Elf model for post-launch in WoD.

But for now what I see is that some races are getting clearly greater amounts of dev time than others, even if those others are more played and popular.

5 Likes

Horde Bias.

Oh, and Forsaken are getting screwed over more than any other non-allied race, so, feels bad man.

1 Like