Why do Horde races want to be in the horde?

Considering Genn was never punished for breaking the ceasefire in Stormheim it really shows the high king is just a symbolic title with no authority.

If Erevien and Treng aren’t literally the same person, they should be married.

Both take Faction stuff way too seriously and into IRL.

4 Likes

Oh nah it’s just Dreadmoore being weird.

Yeah, asking why horde characters are in love with the alliance, but have almost no moments with the actual horde is clearly taking things too seriously.

I mean, honestly, who would expect story that supports a player faction in a roleplaying game?

:dracthyr_lulmao:

4 Likes

Without a warchief, the Blood Oath has been fulfilled. No one’s ever sworn to be a weapon of The Round-Table Bi-Quarterly Convening Leadership Committee.

The oath to the warchief is the binding, founding ideology of The Horde. Blizzard did away with that position.

4 Likes

You have a weird concept of ‘love’ if you think Baine loves the Alliance.

Actually, for the most, part, I wouldn’t say that the Horde is written as really hating the Alliance. The NPCs never talk about how awful the Alliance is or how they all deserve to die for XYZ. When the Horde goes violent against the Alliance, it’s written more like just a fact of nature than anything rooted in feelings.

4 Likes

He literally cut off a piece of his horn and sent it to Anduin.

5 Likes

Because the alliance is better than horde scum and alot of your leaders even know that.

Baine doesn’t love the Alliance, he likes Anduin and wants to be a peacekeeper between the factions. Honestly if he loved the Alliance he would’ve left the Horde by now. He has tons of reasons to leave and join the Blue side.

2 Likes

Okay, but Baine does that and it’s love
But when -I- do that it’s “weird”

6 Likes

To be fair, if you were to cut off a tauren’s horn and hand it in, you’d probably just gain +150 rep for the questgiver’s alliance racial faction.

4 Likes

No, he wouldn’t.
He isn’t a real person.
He’s an npc, and a leader of a Horde race.

2 Likes

That… isn’t better.

1 Like

Agreed. But it is different. (And I mean that in both the neutral and midwestern ways.)

And it does have a bearing on the level of anti-Alliance hostility expected from a Horde leader.

I…what?

People who aren’t detached from reality know full well that Baine Bloodhoof is not a real person and neither is the Horde. What sort of point are you trying to make exactly?

I think what he means is that if there weren’t gameplay reasons for Baine to remain with the Horde, it would be more in character for him to leave.

2 Likes

The Blood Elves ended up finding more enemies in the their former allies (The Alliance) than they did in their former enemies (The Horde).

The Blood Elves was forced into the Horde by the Alliance. If you did the Eversong Woods quests, you will notice that the Blood Elves invited an Ironforge “emissary” for some talks. The assumption here is, that they were talking about rejoining the Alliance. Turns out the entire thing was just hoax, and the Alliance, allegedly, sabotaged important structures in Eversong Woods.

This was at a time when the Blood Elves were suffering massively, due to their arcane addiction. The sabotaged building was a sanctum, which was used to gather up magical residual which was used to help people sate a little bit of their addiction.

The Alliance also invaded with a larger Night Elven force, so the Blood Elves had to deal with that, the scourge remnant and an amani troll resurgence all at the same time. They needed help, and the forsaken (Horde) happened to come and help them. Even though the Blood Elves tried to get help from the Alliance first.

The Darkspear trolls joined the Horde after being rescued by Thrall, when Kul’tiran humans and naga tried to kill the trolls.

Thrall and the orcs and trolls saved the tauren from centaurs, which made the tauren swear a blood oath to the Horde.

The forsaken joined the Horde after having been aggressively rejected by the Alliance (messengers killed at the gate). Thrall almost denied them as well, but was asked not to by the earthen ring shamans.

Goblins joined the Horde after the Alliance tried to kill them for no reason whatsoever. Just like the Zandalari trolls and Vulpera.

The Horde basically took in the races that the Alliance tried to kill.

Why would they want to stay with the Horde after all of the bullcrap the Horde did? Good question… bad story writing I would say.

4 Likes

You’re stating that he has real person motivations and understandings.
“If he loved the Alliance, he would join them.”

No, he wouldn’t.
He’s a Horde racial leader.

So is Lor’thermar and he was ready to leave the Horde because of Garrosh. I was referring to how the tauren have been treated poorly in the past and are heavily relied upon by the Horde yet remain regardless. Of course neither Baine nor Lor’thermar would actually leave the Horde because of the effect that would have on the game.

I was referring to Baine’s friendship with Anduin and why he has been using that connection to further a more peaceful connection with the Alliance through one of it’s main leaders.

That’s all.