Why do Horde races want to be in the horde?

I will ignore it since stupid plot points don’t deserve to be taken serious.

1 Like

Fair… but thats a lot of lore to ignore… and if you are just going to ignore lore, why are you on the forums discussing lore?

1 Like

Slavery has been practiced at one point or another by every race on Azeroth, Even the ancient Night Elves got into enslaving primitive humans by that source.

The Alliance may well be practicing gladiatorial slavery in the Brawl Pub hidden beneath the tracks of the Stormwind to Ironforge railway.

There’s plenty of handwaving to go around.

I forgot who (Metzen?) but the horde was supposed to also share a theme of them being like a family, so I think they really are meant to be seen as wanting to stay together. It’s just the game does a really bad job of showing that.

I remember mocking the premise pretty bitterly during BFA in that “if the horde is a family, BFA’s moral is that you’re better off disowning it”.

16 Likes

Outside of world ending threats and “alliance aggression” the Horde races really have nothing in common that would keep them together.

The Alliance is in a similar boat but they actively have a history of working together and generally a foundation of similar beliefs.

Even the Alliance races have done more for the Horde races individually than the horde has done for them. They have also done certainly less harm to them as well than the horde has done to its own people and races.

Blizzard has done an atrocious job of giving the Horde a unified reason to stay together. Hell, a lot of the reasons any of the races are currently members are incredibly flimsy.

5 Likes

Racism against Alliance races, mostly.

3 Likes

The problem is that the Horde’s been written as aggressive Alliance haters for so long that moving away from that is then called out as being ‘peacemongers’. At times it seems like people want the Horde to be villainous or destructive but without any story beats pointing it out. This is coupled with revisionist interpretations of old lore, trying to paint characters as something they’re not by comparing them to their predecessors.

If we could get Horde themes back to how they were in Wrath, that would be ideal, in my opinion. But I have doubts a lot of people would even recognize that equilibrium being restored, and would instead call it ‘Alliance-loving’.

6 Likes

The Horde’s races have no reason to disband. Despite popular opinion, the Horde as of now is more unified than it has ever been. In fact, I’d go as far as to say they’ve no internal strife whatsoever.

edit: Reclarifying; no internal strife whatsoever is a poor choice of words, rather - the Horde has incredibly little internal strife.

Orcs, despite what moments like Brennadam paint the race, aren’t warmongering savages, and considering most of them sided with Vol’jin, don’t view those that they stand with as lesser.

The Trolls and Tauren are two of the most stalwart supporters of the Horde; if the Tauren really didn’t like the Orcs or the Horde, they would have left a long time ago, blood oath be damned.

The Blood Elves, despite popular opinion, are very pro-Horde. Figures like Liadrin and Lor’themar have shown nothing but support for the faction.

The Forsaken are not Sylvanas and Sylvanas is not the Forsaken, the Horde are aware of this as even Thrall himself states that the Horde wouldn’t be the Horde without the Forsaken.

The Bilgewater Goblins aren’t so greedy they’d abandon the Horde, and definitely aren’t going to now that Gazlowe’s Trade Prince.

The Huojin have been pretty loyal to the Horde, we don’t got to worry about Ji Firepaw going rogue.

If any of these races didn’t like the Horde and didn’t like each other, they would have left after Garrosh got deposed. The Horde would have dissolved not because of the Alliance breaking it up but because its members simply parted ways willingly.

As far as the allied races are concerned? If they were going to leave, they would have done so after Sylvanas fled Orgrimmar.

4 Likes

Have I missed something in the lore?

When has anyone in the lore been Alliance loving?

Or are they to be considered Alliance lovers if we don’t have footmen out there decapitating Human children and spearing civilians like the survivors of Theramore?

3 Likes

It’s Baine. It’s always about Baine.

2 Likes

So because Baine doesn’t irrationally and stupidly hate the Alliance for no reason, we get psychotic things like this post?

6 Likes

Pretty much and its been getting worse.
The only things that seems to be talked about on these forums anymore are:
-Baine bad
-Old lore
-Really old lore.
-Why I dont like new lore.

And of course: -Why other faction is actually bad guys

1 Like

Nothing in your descriptions explains why they want to stay in the Horde its just “oh they are good now” or “they like the horde” it doesn’t give them an actual reason on why the actual races stay in it.

I can give you many tangible reasons on why it would benefit certain horde races to leave the Horde and join the Alliance. Problem is you seem more interested in justifying the current status quo.

1 Like

Funnily enough the alliance races are the ones that walked out on their high king. Is there even an alliance left to speak of?

Great thing about Alliances are they are an alliance not a dictatorship, so they don’t all play follow the leader like lemmings then cry about it when their leader goes nuts. They also never actually left the Alliance they simply made their own decisions on where to send their forces. Infact with only two nations and some alliance support they were not only able to repel a horde invasion they pushed them out the captured territories. While the rest of the alliance did invade other Horde allies and took other lands.

2 Likes

The alliance has been a dictatorship ever since the establishment of the office of HIgh King.

Shaw mentions that many high officials in Silvermoon are Alliance-favoring.
Baine.
Calia.
etc.

1 Like

right cause Tyrande and Genn we so terribly punished for all those times they didn’t do what the high king said.

Calia, Baine, Thrall, Saurfang, the entire rebellion in patch 8.2.5.

He hated the Maruuk centaurs for no reason but still forgave the alliance for their slaughter of loyal Horde soldiers. He is an alliance loving turncoat and has during his entire existence nothing but damaged the Horde with his tiresome calls for peace against a faction that tried to eredicate the Horde multiple times. He is a hypocrite and I am sick of seeing him everywhere.

4 Likes

Greetings, Alliance partisan.
How do you do?

4 Likes