Why do Horde races want to be in the horde?

I don’t care about societies worst having to do hard labor. Never did and never will.

Not going to loose sleep over it either. Go cry to twitter about it for all I care

1 Like

Slavery on the Horde was a massive retcon and served no other purpose but making Varian look better then Thrall. People be better to ignore it instead of trying to justify it.

Peons are basically slaves because they’re too stupid to be anything else how does that even jive with your head canon (fodder).

That would be ignoring one basic part.

Being a gladiator and being a slave is not the same in the thought-proces I proposed. Being a slave has its own implications. It is downtrodden, humiliating, without any shape or form of honor.

Being a gladiator is a glorified position, orcs respect strength, orcs respect a show of strength, it is why Varian was “honored” with the name Lo’gosh.

Now, what I am presenting is just a point of view, not my point of view. We can certainly agree, that capturing people and forcing them to do something is slavery.

But for the orcs, there is a difference between being used for manual, demeaning labour while getting whipped, humiliated, stepped on, and then being in an arena and fighting and showing your strength while being glorified as a warrior.

Varian may have been more honored and respected as a gladiatorial slave than a manual labor slave (to the point that his owner eventually let him basically walk away free) but he was still honestly a slave by any reasonable definition of the term.

I think Thrall, having been a slave himself, loathed the institution of slavery but knew that trying to get rid of the practice too soon might destabilize a still not-quite stable society.

This part is just headcanon, but I’m guessing the orcs picked it up originally as captives from warfare where enemies who were ‘too cowardly’ to fight to the death and forced to serve their ‘betters’ in shame. I remember that the Iron Horde enslaved captives, but do we know if the pre-Horde orcs practiced slavery? The ogres did, maybe the orcs picked it up from them?

Sorry but damn what a bad take

9 Likes

It’s not a bad take, some y’all just care more about the criminals than the victims.

I’m not loosing sleep over the scum of society. You can if you want, but I won’t

Nobody is angry about prisons existing. The problem is forced labor. America’s economy would collpase without prison work. That is how bad the situation is.

I will not shed a tear over murders, abusers and pedophiles doing hard labor.

Understand that I have NO SYMPATHY for these people and never going to. Hate me all you want for it

1 Like

Back to the topic. Horde is good as it is. But it could be improved. Hopefully the next set of races will not be neutral like Dracthyr were.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for their good takes honestly.

For me I have no idea how someone can so easily say stuff like that. It’s truly mind boggling but like Dreadmoore said earlier in the thread -

6 Likes

Ogres. Horde needs some two head orges as allies.

and Amani. And maybe Sethrak. We already have Tortollans and Vulpera as allied but I feel like all people of Zandalar should bow to Talanji.

I could’ve sworn the Horde beat up on the Amani a couple expansions ago when they got rowdy again. Why would you want them as allies?

Why are you such a gigantic liar?
The Crimson Ring was an underground slave ring. It was not part of the Horde. Thrall was not aware of what they were doing until the comic’s end.

Jesus Christ, you gained nothing by lying about that.
It’s pathological.

4 Likes

They are the original Troll allies before Blizzard created the Darkspear out of nothing.

Thrall used Peons. He’s just as culpable.

You dropped the whole fake “luv you hun :heart:” toxic positivity persona now that nobody’s really buying it anymore huh?

8 Likes

The peons are an odd case where the alliance had their own version of dimwitted civilians (peasants) but it sounds like the game only continued to showcase one of them and stopped using the other?

2 Likes

Given who they associate with, I’m not surprised.

3 Likes