Why do Horde races want to be in the horde?

They drank the blood willingly. And the best part of WoD is blizzard confirming they would’ve done it anyway without the Legion.

WoD confirmed nothing. The orcs on Draenor were brutish but generally peaceful (sans clans like the Bonechewer or the Shattered Hand). If anything, it was the exact same thing, except have Garrosh in the place of Gul’dan and Kil’jaeden.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

And once again they proved easily swayed to do the bidding of a tyrant and seemed to love doing it. Once again attempting planet wide genocide, ruining the planet the goblin way instead of the fel way, and trying to invade other worlds. They proved that even without Gul’dan, Legion, and the blood, that they would have done it anyway, all it took was the right person to unite them.

I agree with you Sarm. I honestly hated WoD, and in reality I don’t like what they did with the Orcs. But given that it happened, I have to use it in an argument like this to prove my point. I think it really sucks what Blizz did to the Horde. My second character ever was a Tauren warrior and I fondly remember my days exploring Mulgore and the Barrens. There’s an aspect of the Horde, or at the very least the Tauren, that I really identify with. Unfortunately the way Blizzard has written them with everything they’ve done, hasn’t sat well with me as an Alliance fan.

It’s unclear when the Path of Glory was created. But the Orcs drank the blood before the final assault of Shattrath, which was one of the last places they had left after the Orcs murdered most of the ones on the rest of the planet.

"With the mass murder of the draenei, the elements refused to aid the orcs in their war. Believing that the elements had turned on them, the orcs turned to Ner’zhul. He went to Oshu’gun to speak with the spirits directly and learned the truth about Kil’jaeden. Refusing to help Kil’jaeden any further, Ner’zhul was replaced by his apprentice Gul’dan as the spiritual leader of the clans. Gul’dan cared little for the orcs and readily agreed to follow Kil’jaeden in exchange for more power.

After being taught by Kil’jaeden, Gul’dan established warlock and necromancy schools to replace the shaman powers the orcs had lost. To consolidate his power, Gul’dan united the clans into the Old Horde under Blackhand as Warchief and formed the Shadow Council to pull the strings from the shadows. Over the next few years, the entire race was corrupted by fel energy and began turning green.

On the eve of the final assault on the draenei at Shattrath, Gul’dan presented the clan chieftains with Mannoroth’s blood. The resulting bloodlust allowed them to easily overrun the city, ending the war. Believing the orcs to have fulfilled their purpose, Kil’jaeden abandoned them. Completely devoured by their demonic bloodlust and without new enemies to fight, many orc clans began fighting amongst themselves. Petty rivalries escalated into full-scale bloodbaths, and total chaos descended upon orcish society. The few remaining draenei took advantage of this and started a guerrilla campaign that continues to this day."

So while the Path of Glory wasn’t built just yet, they had still murdered most of them before getting to Shattrath, as that was the end of the war.

2 Likes

Given how long and wide the road is (so long and wide that Saurfang laments it to Garrosh) it would be incredibly stupid to assume that the road was constructed before Shattrath fell.

Is that due to the number of bodies it would presumably take to build it, and Shattrath would have supplied the most?

No.
It’s the number of bodies required, and all of the draenei settlements being killed would have required them.

Also, the Draenei would’ve harassed the construction.

I thought that’s sort of what I said? I’m not disagreeing with you, Shattrath would’ve just been a massive boost in bodies compared to the other settlements they already destroyed. Not that all of them together minus Shatt, wouldn’t have been a small amount.

I thought you were implying that Shattrath alone had the bodies necessary. My mistake.

It is in reference to, not just in this thread but beyond, how Horde aligned players often consistently go back to the well to excuse or, more favorably, deflect the Horde’s numerous crimes and contradictions because of the Internment Camps, as if nothing came before and that the Alliance just put a rag tag group of peaceful people into the camps for no reason.

1 Like

I dunno, I’m seeing rather a lot of “It was the best option” in this thread.

3 Likes

Because you’re twisting it. Let’s go step by step.

The Orcs committed numerous atrocities on their own world, and on Azeroth. They committed genocide against the Draenei, Arrakoa, and presumably the Saberon considering they’re nowhere to be found in Outland. They also killed a significant amount of Ogres and enslaved others. They built a highway out of the Draenei’s bones, and corrupted their own world and killed it. Then they invaded Azeroth, destroyed Stormwind, raided Khaz Modan, trapped the Dwarves in Ironforge, defiled human corpses by putting Orc souls in them and creating gen 1 Death Knights, enslaved the Red Dragonflight, burned down part of Quel’thalas, and more.

When they were defeated, 3 obvious options lay before the Alliance. Kill them (genocide), let them go (suicide), or IMPRISON THEM. Let me say that again. IMPRISON THEM. Notice how IMPRISON and SLAVERY are two different words. Crazy I know but true. And the original intent, was to eventually reform them, let them go, and possibly even have them join the Alliance.

The vast majority then became lethargic and useless without their demon crack. As in they would make awful slaves. I love the part where we go back to Durnhold Keep in Caverns of Time and they’re all being whipped and forced to do hard slave labor…oh wait…NOPE they’re all sitting around doing nothing.

The original overseer of the camps, Danath, had to leave for some random reason. I wonder what it was, I’m sure it didn’t have anything to do with Orcs stealing artifacts, working with Deathwing, and blowing up their own planet. So as a result, Blackmoore was put in charge, who was a corrupt piece of garbage.

This corrupt piece of garbage found an Orc in the wild, named Thrall and raised him to be a gladiator who fought other lord’s champions. Usually human criminals or animals, but there was one Ogre. But the horde doesn’t seem to care too much about enslaving Ogres huh? Yes, this one (two if you count the ogre) instance is very bad, and makes him a very bad man. Still following me here?

Later he made plans to make Thrall a General of the Orcs loyal to him, and USE THEM TO ATTACK THE ALLIANCE. You know, the faction you accuse of enslaving them? You guys love leaving that part out of the story huh?

So we have one corrupt piece of garbage, who wasn’t even the original overseer of the camps, which the original intention of said camps was to reform and release, who found and enslaved one orc kid and forced him to be a gladiator, not the other orcs already in the camps, and planned to use him to overthrow the Alliance using an Orc army.

And this is the grand history of Alliance slavery. Amazing. I’ll get to writing an Alliance version of the Emancipation Proclamation right away. Maybe we can finally free that Ogre, and then the Horde can re-enslave it.

6 Likes

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I fully agree my dude. Take that up with the slaver faction and not the faction where a rogue noble enslaved one orc kid, which was wrong.

1 Like

Uh, no.
Kosh’harg buried your “not many orcs were enslaved and forced to fight” bullcrap.
Multiple different characters talk about their different clans and how it affected them, or how they dealt with it.

4 Likes

Mind linking me it?

Yes, I will link my playthrough that I did not record.

https://imgur.com/a/YGDk3AR
Not all of them.

1 Like

I don’t see anything about slavery there, just internment camps.

2 Likes

Holy crap, the delusion.
Someone in this very thread linked characters admitting that it was slavery.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Slavery#Human_slavery
Lord of the Clans, chapter 5

3 Likes

Sounds like she was split up from her family because they got caught and she did not. As a Frostwolf she most likely was one of those with Drek’thar living in Alterac.

Seems weird considering the Frostwolves were banished so they were never with the original Horde to end up being caught. What? Did some Frostwolves chose to stay in the Horde even though officially their clan was banished?