Why do guys do this?

Wait is this not Second Life? I’ve been lied to.

Oh, that episode is just a subset of all my bad experiences. I have some good experiences too. Just brief as it should be.

And don’t worry. I’m not giving up on life. Ever. I am confident that you do want to be with someone not because of attraction but that person makes you happy if you be with this person for long term… Like your wife. :smiley:

Oh, those two bad experiences were the subsets of my overall experience. I’ve yet to talk about the difficult relationships I’ve had with some girls afterwards and before that’s not even romantic in any way. I’m just presenting those two as the most personally notorious examples of how people, regardless of gender, can be jerks no matter what their reasons can be.

And sure, we all make mistakes. I find some mistakes are inexcusable that I have a bad habit of not forgiving myself but whatever. It is what it is.

While my time with this girl comes to an end, I am actually kind of bittersweet about it. God knows what I would do if I see her again as she was incredibly biased against me with no respects. But hey, if I can vanquish that once, I can do so again.

There is an internal conflict that I have, the mind says no but something else says yes. A relationship will be worth it on the long run. A younger self in me reminds me so. So yes, while my mind and experiences disagrees with you, my heart agrees with you.

I’m quite optimistic of myself and confident that I will be much better off. It’s just only a matter of time. :slight_smile: If I do find one, I’ll never take her for granted and do everything that I can to make her happy since my single life is so long and stagnant, it’s painful.

Just I hope whomever I am in relationship with just doesn’t take advantage of it or lie to me about something serious, that would make me really upset.

1 Like

Men and women can very easily be friends in most circumstances.

What causes problems is how the rest of their social circles, and their significant others, perceive the friendship beyond the reality.

3 Likes

i think ‘boys’ think they can get something from you. the fantasy of ‘dating’ you. the ability to flirt with you in game, etc. once they find out you’re unavailable, you no longer provide that ‘extra’. if they liked you as you, then they wouldn’t stop talking to you. it wouldn’t matter.

boys grow up into men, and then that stuff doesn’t even cross their mind. us ‘men’, know this is a game, and we’re here to play a game. plenty of my guildmates are women. they are all in a relationship of some kind. i talk to them as much as i did when i found out they were married. it doesnt matter.

this is the same in real life. boys will always prioritize women that are available.

that’s my take. if it bothers you, then i guess try to weed out the children lol.

edit:
im 33 so i’d say anyone under the age of 25 will act this way? probably lol.

1 Like

I cant speak for everyone, only from my experiences and lifestyle that I’ve lived that this is totally doable without specific rules of engagement

Fully agreed

Please gurl. U luv the attention.

1 Like

yeah I guess…

havent posted the same thing in a while lets post it again…

:roll_eyes:

Maybe but the thirst will always be there, buried in the back of your mind.

It might be subtle but it’s there. It’s just how humans work.

Every man I associate myself with, I am friends with. It’s not rare, you just have a really bad take on the world, and maybe some issues with viewing women as people worthy of equal respect.

4 Likes

Acquaintances=/=real friends.

And why would I not view them equally? Because I don’t lie to myself?

No, I used the word friends on purpose. I talk to these men daily. We enjoy having conversations about video games, hanging out as a friend group, joking and laughing with eachother, etc. We’re friends. Again, it’s not rare, it sounds like you have a personal deficit.

2 Likes

Deep down you know what they really want. It might be unspoken but it’s there.

1 Like

Truly, it can be a respect thing, but as a guy, i’ve never understood it myself. People, we just wanna play WoW, just play. :smiley:

1 Like

All you’re doing here is telling on yourself. Other men don’t think like you do.

3 Likes

Yes they do lol.

Iv never met one who didn’t.

Some are just really good at hiding it.

2 Likes

-Grabs a :popcorn:-

Wow, you truly believe that all men ar really that salacious

I’m so sorry

5 Likes

Can the other men in this thread speak up and let us know if you secretly lust for every woman you call a friend?

Because their fantasy is to date you. When you tell them that you have boyfriend the reality slaps their face.
Beta behavior :coffee:

Or we just, y’know, don’t think that way.

4 Likes