Why do guys do this?

Boy: Hi, I’m Looking to get into a relationship.
Girl: Sorry, already in one.
Boy: Ok, Thanks
Girl: Guys just never learned the simple lesson that women are people.

8 Likes

I mean thats why we all got in discord…right?

/s

Those who stop talking to you because of some “relationship” are just quitters and give up too easily. They are the same players that leave battlegrounds in the first couple of minutes and miss out on some fun wins because they believed we had no chance at winning anymore.

Persistence beats resistance!

2 Likes

Takes notes.

2 Likes

I believe this has been happening for 3 years now? 4 years if you count this year from me wanting nothing to do with this… girl I’ve met in school. I’ve met 2 girls that rejected me years ago. One was honest and fresh, brutal, but painless nonetheless.

The other… rejected me once, shame on her, year later, i asked her out with the amount of courage I could muster, she rejected me again and for some reason my social environment has been changed as if I lost my dignity, I lost the will to move on and make friends with other people at that time and fell into depression and did some things that I regret (to her verbally…)

A year after, I tried talking to her, knowing that I should have been nice to her the entire time. I wanted to sit and talk to her and apologize properly. She didn’t give me an opportunity to do so and told me that she “doesn’t hold a grudge”. It was an interesting lie on her part that I realized that she never even liked me or even tried to like me. I was an absolute creep in her eyes that otherwise damaged me psychologically in the first place.

It was then I have an absolute resolution that I want nothing to do with her anymore. Just move on, live and learn. and now she’s a TA of a class I failed twice due to my own depression. Thank goodness I’m fine now but back then… it was terrible.

Ever since then, I just constantly tell myself a relationship is just not worth it in this day and age. I know this. But I don’t know why but there is something about me constantly want to be with someone when I’m not even fit to be in that situation in the first place.

… and well… this post has gotten long x,x

Weird, i’m a guy but i’ve never had a problem having strictly platonic friendships.

2 Likes

I’d say look again, but first take really hard look in the mirror.

I waited until I was in my 30s before I managed to maintain a relationship for more than four months. Quite a bit more than I want to admit was me thinking I wanted something that really didn’t attract me or complement me because it was “flashy,” “fancy,” or was “required.” Once I was honest with myself on what I really wanted in a relationship, and started looking in the right places to find women with those qualities, I met my wife within six months.

While each of us is our own human, you are probably drawing the extreme solution based on a singular, and not representative, experience that had significant impacts on your psyche. You have to keep trying unless you just want to give up on life.

1 Like

Valid. Don’t get me wrong there’s definitely some thirst in OP. Women in general always look for validation, it’s why they get all dressed up and go out be it to the club, online (twitch specifically), or just out grocery shopping. They want to know that they’re worth someones time even from people they’ve never met, a quick glance down the aisle or someone staring boosts their ego/sense of self worth.

In this instance OP may have taken an ego hit from some rando (which is why i don’t understand this thread) who doesn’t matter because he was immature and looking for companionship or something else in an online video game. There’s thousands of other people to play with, who cares about just one of those.

Just link your Onlyfans and move along.

Damn ladies why is that so hard?

2 Likes

No one asks me that, I can assure you, nor has anyone ever.

1 Like

Men are dumb, especially men brainwashed by the internet cesspool of MRA and alt right propaganda.

1 Like

Why did this thread turn into some episode of Dr.Phil?

This says soooooooooooooooo much about you. =D

A reddit thread at best I bet.

We can do whatever we want. Stop trying to control how other people act.

Pugs get excited that my warrior is a female goblin, but then they find out I’m a guy. Lolz.

Men and women can only be friends under very rare and specific circumstances.

Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is lying to you and themselves.

4 Likes

It really is the true gentlemans headwear of choice. Tips hood

Depends on the man behind the character.

Maybe he was shallow, immature or simply not old enough to process how to deal with the OP on social level since they lack the skills given the new development.

It is quite an interesting phenomenon.