Why do guys do this?

You would be shocked at home many guilds I’ve been in where the GM’s were dating or married and their drama ended up destroying the guild. I’ve seen this happen multiple times.

1 Like

What you just said I mentioned earlier, and it happens all the time lol.

The last guild I was in, the girl dating the GM left and the GM being a young guy talked to me for days about it saying how his life was over. I spoke to this kid and told him you’re so young, you need to just give her space, it will be fine, stop talking like that, etc, etc…

He didn’t hear any of it, and a couple days later they were back together and she was back in the guild. Then it happened again, and destroyed the guild a 2nd time.

Kid never thanked me, nothing.

Plain and simple, people are crazy and they suck.

1 Like

Probably the same reason they get weird the first time I go on discord after they get a crush on my girl avatar.

Nowadays I quietly appearance change my girl avatar(s) to a guy if she finds herself in a good guild with many potential friends, then change her back to a girl when the guild dies and I’m alone again.

I think I just need to hook up with sexy single lonely gay trans-girls who completed their surgeries… If I have a correct understanding of that stuff.

That’s an extremely specific scenario, to extrapolate to the entirety of human interactions in game.

1 Like

This seems to cover it. Different people want different things from different relationships, and it’s fair enough for folks to wander off when they learn the thing they want is not available there.

Issue is probably compounded by the fact we have access to millions of people and not enough time in our lives to be friends with everyone. Edit: Hell I couldn’t keep up with all my toons’ mission tables and had to breakup with a bunch of them…

Being friends with people you’re attracted to while being single is generally a recipe for disaster (if it won’t be reciprocated.)

It’s weird that people get bent out of shape if someone does the smart move to move on.

4 Likes

They didn’t have in mind what you had in mind for the relationship and moved on, but are being passive aggressive about it in either an attempt to spare your feelings(not wanting to be “just a friend”) or their own. Maybe both.

1 Like

Because it’s World of Wannadate.

Didn’t get the memo? Also why I don’t use VOIP. No one needs to know my gender. When I do use VOIP I use a voice modulator because A) it’s funny and B) see above.

Probably because you flirted with them lol

1 Like

Might only need one of them.

Well that’s exactly what I was thinking, I mean would you prefer to have someone around stalking you, harassing you for attention? These days, I actually think it would definitely be the smart move if someone doesn’t reciprocate your feelings to just you know, move on with your life.

Though I do have several theories as to why, not to imply anything with the OP of course, but I think a lot of people, what they do, is that they like to keep their options open in life, so if things don’t work out with one person, they can then bound onto someone else.

Like don’t get me wrong, there is deep value in a good friendship, I have remained friends with a few ex’s of mine so I think that friendship IS valuable. But you have to be careful what you have not got yourself in the position of someone’s fallback guy/girl (or variation thereupon). You shouldn’t have to put your life on hold for anyone.

As I said earlier with me it all comes down to the respect that’s shown, I am much more likely to choose to remain friends with someone that is willing to let me walk away out of respect for how I feel, over someone that is at all trying to pressure me into a friendship I don’t want.

And quite honestly, even if my state is relatively safe for now, I don’t really have a need for a huge amount of friends with this pandemic going on around the world, if anything its safer to stick to your own social bubble, at the moment I am carefully picking and choosing who I let into my physical space especially.

That is another point to consider OP, consider also that what’s going around the world at the moment with covid restrictions, where the rules keep changing almost as much as the Horde is changing warchief, but here is what I know, that if you have an intimate partner, you are allowed to see them and interact with them even if they don’t live with you, as there was huge community backlash when they tried to stop that, so to that end I think for a lot of single people it’s become even MORE important that they find that special someone that they can be in an intimate relationship with while they still have the chance, because let’s be honest, a society where we are in lockdown all the time and being forced to wear facemasks in public could be on the cards one day, I mean hopefully that won’t happen of course but you never know which way the wind is blowing in this world.

1 Like

Peen rules.

Some people know what they want and dont want to waste your or their own time.

3 Likes

It might be more innocent than you think. A lot of socially awkward guys feel guilty hanging out with a girl that is already in a relationship and vice versa

2 Likes

Let’s not forget no one wants to deal with a potentially jealous and angry boyfriend.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You can pretty much summarize everything that dude has posted with this.

2 Likes

Had to deal with this once. Very annoying. He couldn’t understand that I just wanted to do bgs with my guildie LOL.

1 Like

I’ve never had to and never want to.

1 Like

Weird thing to say lmao

3 Likes

For me personally, I develop feelings super easily and quickly. I try to be upfront about it and let the person know, but if the feelings won’t be reciprocated then the only real way for me not to get hurt is to just put distance between us. It’s not fair to anyone involved, but unfortunately the heart wants what the heart wants.*

If I am already in a relationship then it’s a non-issue as my feelings are already directed at someone who does reciprocate. However, I’m not a social person to begin with so I may still become distant, but that has nothing to do with the other person being spoken for already.

*Case in point, Tessaria made a lot of good points above that I agree with. In addition she was very well spoken. I’m certainly not in love, but I can feel the heartstrings being pulled just because of a couple traits that I find attractive.

P.S. Sorry Tess, was just too perfect of an example to pass up, hope you don’t feel put off by it.

4 Likes