Why do guys do this?

Well usually the simple reason is that they are no longer getting enough from their partner.

Well you will make the perfect wife for someone one day based on your comments here. That bubbly positive energy will pay off for you.

You are right to be cautious though, I’ve seen girls that were were all bubbly and innocent in their early 20s, but by 30 they have had a few bad relationship experiences and get bitter sadly.

3 Likes

Probably a dude lol.

Whenever someone says this, a grizzled programmer comes out of nowhere and is like “yeah it was, but now the job market is oversaturated with “programmers”” :rofl:

1 Like

Because they were imagining a relationship blossoming from the friendship. When they reaiize they aren’t going to get it, their ego is hurt. In order to salvage their bruised ego, they must blame you. This doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, but are egos are irrational. Like when you see people getting mad in a trafic jam. There’s no possible way it can help, and it really just stresses them out for no reason. They still do it though.

This is somewhat unfortunately true? There are a lot of programmers now. :confused:

I don’t see how anyone could do a job like that and not want to jump off the tallest bridge they can find.

Sounds miserable.

i had feelings for a female friend i knew for a long time, and when i learned she saw me as a brother, i just… stopped talking to her.

hurt too much knowing she only saw me that way. just… i could’nt stand it, so i did the only thing i could: cut her out of my life. if she stayed around, i’d probably have ended-up hating her out of spite.

Just because she saw you as a brother didn’t mean there wasn’t a chance!

I hear that’s pretty popular these days!

Flipside OP-

Be thankful that they’re not gonna hang around pretending to be your friend “waiting their turn” or something like that.

I did that to at least one friend in my 20s. It is a scummy thing. “I’m nice, why not date me?”

I’m thankful I grew out of it. Or maybe just lucky I met the right person.

why do girls who are in a relationship lead guys on?
I’m not saying its right for guys to stop talking to girls just because they have a boyfriend and its also not right for girls who pretend to be nice to guys to get what they want. Both scenarios are just childish people…some people grow out of it and get wiser the older they get some don’t…people are people

my point is people don’t surprise me anymore nor should it anyone else.

4 Likes

because the majority of people that plays vidya are white cis males that for some reason, somehow, that the world owes them easy lays, regardless of their looks/status. it’s actually an frightening thing. see: recent twitch’s #metoo movement. remember those guys that shot up places cos they couldn’t get a woman? yeah.

maybe if the USA wasn’t focused on violence as much as sex…love conquers all, yes? but then things seem so complicated here…

Basically everyone is awful.

2 Likes

why downplay your profession? say you’re a stripper and proud of it. can do you do that?

This applies to women, as well. I don’t have relationships, or love. But I don’t consider everyone with romantic/sexual interest.

Clearly there isn’t enough love to go around.

Hence that problem lol.

1 Like

so you lost a good friend cos she was taken and didn’t see you as a potential mate? what is wrong with you, boy?

1 Like

Human nature by the sound of it.

5 Likes

Only too late did he learn that her favorite show was Game of Thrones.

2 Likes

Would it have been better for him to stay simping?

1 Like

Yeah but if you’ve been a programmer for a while a new programmer isn’t any competition to you.

1 Like