Why do classic players say, “retail failed.”

Retail has had ample chance to make gold as well.

Elune knows in covid lock down I got more than my fair share of chances to spam legacy raid gold off vendor sales from BFA before SL code changes nerfed it. Its most of my money on hand. WoD raids paid well. Per level of raid even.

I missed playing the truly great days of phone in wod and legion table gold. those dudes made tons of gold literally phoning in mission tables with the app lol.

Alot of people think that what they feel is what the rest of the world feels. They are often wrong.

2 Likes

Gold betting raids do not exist in retail gold betting is classic posterchild

Fun fact: by the time the final wing of a raid opens in LFR it’s actually easier to pug a heroic full clear and succeed than go LFR and expect to kill the final boss.

Fun fact: I join plenty of heroic pugs that are incapable of clearing Nelth/Sark.
Do I leave them and join one that can? Yes. You can tell pretty quickly when some of the PUGS have no idea what the mechanics are. If the RL doesn’t boot them immediately, clearing isn’t likely. But even now, 4 months into this patch, LFR can often times clear sark faster than a heroic pug. So I question how factual your “fact” is…Probably more of an anecdote.

I do think the LFR delay is trash though. It should be available when mythic/heroic/norm are available.

I’ve played a bit of Retail - BFA and some Dragonflight since I’ve returned to the game for Classic. I see bots in Classic all the time. I never saw one in Retail. Overall, Retail is quite active. The cash shop has no impact on the game what-so-ever. I don’t like it, so I don’t use it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t know, I don’t do LFR at all because it’s not worth the hassle.
The point is that both for VoTI and Aberrus, when the final wing came out you had much, MUCH better success rate of killing Sarkareth or Rasz in a hc pug than you would in LFR for a fairly long time.

That might be true for many, but I haven’t found it to be true for ME. The dad guild I’ve been in for years always takes a couple of months to down last boss of AOTC. After years of studying I think it’s because the guild leaders watch too many WoW esports/streams/RTWF. They stick with strats meant for the best players in the world…Meanwhile the PUG world develops strats for the lowest common denominator(Several of us ARE) so there is some room for failure/underperformers. My guild refuses to use these strategies, because of course the best players in the world use strategies that are more optimized(but also more difficult to execute).

So…I guess I went off on a tangent. Still love raiding though all difficulty levels.

1 Like

You dont see them because they farm in multiple expansions. Druid trains everywhere

Please provide factual evidence this happened. Factual =/= streamers, bloggers, wannabe news outlets, homemade websites or Suzie’s word from another forum/blog/website.

i agree with this tbh
theres no such a thing as entitlement over wow, its for whoever they intend to design it.
i think what we mean by “us” is the chain of ppl that followed that specific belief in that period of time, but we are just a slice of the pie

1 Like

When the goal isn’t to get a specific crowd, the goal is to get money. It’s no longer how they can make something interesting but how they can remove any edges that would make someone quit playing the game early.

Trying to please everyone just doesn’t exist moreover when people have totally different taste/goals, you can only make an overall very average game by doing so. Which is why Classic should have been used to please another type of crowd, but by adding H+ and the token and the boost, etc. we’re getting pretty close to the retail format.

For me I would rather they make specific type of servers like they’ve been doing with hardcore as for me that is a better recipe for making the game appealing to multiple crowds.

I would be a big fan if they made a server with no bnet services(no token, no transfer, etc.) and SSF (Solo self found, which is no trading between players allowed).

What?

You can look up youtube videos of the druid bot trains on retail. Way easier yo hide as a bot on retail

1 Like

I don’t really care about what’s on YouTube.

Dear lord do you ever get tired of these garbage takes. Classic is not busier than retail. And I don’t even play retail after aberuss dropped just been maining wotlk and I’m not ignorant enough to go around spouting nonsense lol…

You can get tired of the facts all you want.

It’s not just busier, it’s way way more active in every possible metric. That is why they were quick to make official HC servers because Dragonflight is as dead as it gets and they need to keep investors happy.

Ignoring the facts just isn’t a good thing. Retail has no interest from gamers, it doesn’t matter how much content they add or what they do, they can’t get players interested in it. Retail is a dead game that failed many years ago.

Where on the other hand more and more players get into one of the many versions of Classic or just play any of the other games that are better then Retail WoW. Classic is currently carrying the WoW franchise right now and player activity.

It’s best to leave your bias at the door and step into reality.

They made hardcore because people were that bored with regular classic. Not because classic was popping off lol

2 Likes

Funny hearing you tell people to leave their bias at the door.

1 Like

And this is after they linked the classic realms since so many were dead.

1 Like