Why do classic players say, “retail failed.”

Ah, gotcha. I don’t think that will ever be nearly as big, though.

That being said, I’m still curious about the game!

And retails throws out life preservers.

Even I took the time to get my NE heritage then Eredar skins this weekend.

Even putzed around on an eredar paladin I made a bit. If pursued her RP would like a knight on her grail quest. She’s messed up, now its time to atone searching for her grail.

Well that and running around on a red space goat was an interesting switch for an hour or so.

I was seeing a bad time on the WSG cycles. Not the first time I have been to that dance. When 6/6 of matches is same people stomping a mud hole in your butt, trying a 7th time right away ain’t changing most likely. These people tend to play on cycles.

I went and did something else for an hour or 2 lol. Like retail.

in WC2 it was limited only to very specific flying units like the Dwarf gryphon riders, there was never a “mount” in WC2 at all, there is honestly very little comparable in WC2 VS WoW. Even WC3 has stark differences to WoW.

Sure in the sense that one series is an RTS and the other is an MMO but they’re set in the same universe. And in that universe flying mounts are clearly a thing, so it’s entirely natural and logical that players would eventually have their own flying mounts.

I mean… sure for the gryphon riders and dragon riders very specific units… sure I guess.

Which are fairly common in the RTS and in WoW flying mounts are so common they’re used for mundane every day transport. Why wouldn’t characters be able to fly their own?

Well, aside from Nostaglia and curiosity, Classic is for the fans who don’t like the game now and prefer how it used to be. Therefore the Modern game DID fail them.

1 Like

logistics is too expensive for flight.

Outlaw rogue is a sin I can never forgive retail for. Roll the bones should have never made it off the whiteboard in the production meetings lol.

It’s clearly not if flights can be had for a couple silver :stuck_out_tongue:

retail is awesome. they must be crazy.

Retail didn’t fail. It’s just for a different audience.

1 Like

Yeah a much smaller audience :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Retail has pros and cons. So does Classic.
And I just happen to prefer Classic right now.
No need to make things complicated.

2 Likes

Clearly the bean counters have determined a smaller audience of whales makes more money than a larger audience of real gamers.

3 Likes

Yep. All in all I see it as a decent time for wow players.

3 versions of it for low price of 15 a month (or tokens if preferred and an option).

Pick what is liked on whims and preferences really. We all can win here.

2 Likes

speaking about that, if you have token in your inventory.
-on retail you can activate the token even if you don’t have active account (you can even buy the token with your gold without login)
-on classic you must have active account to activate the token, you must have active account to login and buy it from ah.

Retail is just a soulless game with no empathy. Makes me think a robot made it. Also the game is empty except for the handful of mega servers

Retail is setup a bit different.

Unless one really wants mythic raid, you don’t need to be on the mega’s. Only mythic is server only. No desire for mythic raid one can run the game on even slow dead servers really. X-realm makes it workable really.

Some like that smaller server setup. X realm pvp, pve, and now even stuff like AH. being on a dead server is not a death sentence.

Wrath hasn’t faired much better. Looking at west coast options you get 2 horde choices really. Grobb or Whitemane for horde. It so far has been the best chance of a LFG that was decent more hours of the day.

Since wrath has had no x-realm rdf. and the pvp for arena is a kind of awkward make friends on discord to make in game friends to hammer out arena teams. or go whitemane. 20K people around makes discord less needed for many.

Nothing can match the lightning-in-a-bottle experience of the original run, which had more to do with the context the game existed in than the game itself, but at this point they would have to massively bungle the remainder of the expansion for Dragonflight to not be my favorite WoW expansion just in terms of gameplay. I didn’t get to really dig into MoP or play Legion at all (which I think I would have enjoyed despite it introducing the horrible AP design), but I do think DF would still win out.

My #1 problem with DF is literally just lack of time to do everything I want to do. It’s my favorite problem to have ever, because for the most part I don’t lack time because DF doesn’t respect my time, but rather because there is a certain amount of time investment inherent to what I want to do and there are only so many hours in the day. I want to be the best arena player I can be, and DF leveling is (relatively) so reasonable that I can realistically have the goal of capping one of each class and actually playing them, and then using that experience as a vehicle for understanding the classes and game better overall. I plan on finishing my tour of the classes by the end of next season, and then using all that training to put up my best possible performance on my main in the final season.

However, because of this I simply don’t have the time to really raid or do M+. I would absolutely love to do both and have enjoyed what I have done of both, but decisions decisions. Like, this is some real, genuine, unsimulated RPG decision-making here. I’m experiencing the expansion in an entirely different way than others because of actual choices I’m making in how to actually specialize. To experience it further I would have to live out multiple timelines. People talk about taking different questing paths while leveling differentiating their characters, but this is the real bloody deal.