Why do bots get to do DMT without Seaforium or Invis pots?

So what do you think is the reason they haven’t updated their policies? Just your best guess, since none of us really know.

My guess, given my premise that companies are in it to make money, is that it’s more profitable for them not to spend the resources to deal with it. I’m curious what your take is.

1 Like

It’s a little funny that the go to explanation is always "it’s all about the money for them.’

Months ago before the Naxxramas release date on the Classic forums:

Blizzard will never compete with itself. There’s no way they’d release Shadowlands and Naxxramas around the same time! That would be a poor business decision!

After the Naxxramas release date was revealed:

Wow! Blizzard is forcing the Classic players to choose between Naxx and Retail! They must really want the Classic players to quit and go to Retail to buy microtransactions!

Why do I think their bans on cheaters aren’t up to par? Because I think they’re too careful. I’ve played a ton of MMO’s in the past and most of them didn’t have the appeal process Blizzard has.

Blizzard could hire a few people to teleport around deleting everyone they think is a botter, but they’ve explained why they don’t do this; they don’t want to hit innocent people and not have any internal evidence to review when those people appeal.

put your mask back on, and get in line for the vaccine.

2 Likes

Nah, the perfect consumer is someone who believes what you and many others believe and STILL continue to throw money at the company you despise so much.

I have at least 15 of these bots on my friends list. Right now out of work I could play anytime of the day and those 15 bots are still on. Doesn’t matter if I sleep day or night those Botting/RMTs are on. Saw what they do, go to auction house and see how stuff is slowly going down or up depending on the zone. Reporting them everyday and nothing gets done. Guess they want there sub instead of fixing the issue like ban the IP.

This is a test of common sense. All physics is run by game code. That game code tracks every change of state for all objects in game. Any change of state that does not conform to the constraints of game physics is a known error. Errors are logged. Persistent errors are given priority because of massive error logs. Allowing errors to persist is a choice made by server admins.

Thus, anyone who believes botting or hacking is not known about or not fixable has no common sense. The source controls it. The source allows it.

4 Likes

Thats not how tokens work. All gold from tokens comes from fellow players. And if anything it would normalize the economy w/ the 15% AH fee being a solid gold sink.

This isnt TV or the movies. The program only knows to do what it was coded to do. If someone maliciously abuses design there is no guarantee anyone knows what is going on. Often if the ability to abuse it exists, it is precisely because it wasnt predicted, otherwise it would be coded in such a way to prevent and or detect it.

Saying everything that abuses a system causes an error to be logged is nieve.

A capital bit of humor @Arix. A wooden leg named Smith. My father laughed himself to death.

DEFINITION:: naïve - brain as smooth as a potato

I caught that, and the oxymoron about being naive if not first assuming the naivety of all of the large assembly of professional game developers who made WoW and its service. I didn’t lol, but did see the humor.

I spelled a word wrong. My point remains.

Oh, you were serious?
:thinking: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :confounded: :laughing: :laughing: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :joy: :joy: :rofl: