Why do Americans fawn over Canadians so much?

I don’t understand. We’re basically a frozen wasteland filled withweird people who thinks the third reich is on our border. It’s bizzare how you worship a country that hates your guts.

8 Likes

…what? The only thing I remember seeing about us ever on these forums was the fabled “Canadian girlfriend”.

I don’t hate America. I’ve never been worshiped by an American. What are you talking about?

77 Likes

Yeah, all Canadians like to pick their noses and eat garbage from outside a Wendy’s. I hate being from Canadia :wink:

8 Likes

I don’t like america as a continet, in general 80% of these continent is in a very bad state, I live in the 80% that is a bad spot economically, socially and in almost every other way.

1 Like

Until now. :kissing_heart:

27 Likes

Good thing America isn’t a continent. I mean, North and South America are, I guess…

No! Bad! Stop that! xD

8 Likes

This is true! I have personally seen every single Canadian do it.

1 Like

IT’S OUR CANADIAN PRIDE AND OUR CANADIAN BLOOD!

3 Likes

In my native language America is the name of the entire continet, and America, is Estados unidos de América.

So, To my America is the continet. Sorry, I know is cofusing

11 Likes

We dont worship you guys, the general populace just believes the following stereotypes:

1. Canadians are excessively polite
  2. You guys have universal healthcare and it works perfectly
  3. Idk some other third thing that probably involves racism whether consciously or not
8 Likes

this is true in English too, Americans just think we’re the center of the universe

7 Likes

Ah, that is indeed confusing. Estados Unidos de America, I would assume, means “United States of America”. But then how do you differentiate when talking about North America or South America in a conversation?

1 Like

Thats easy, we call north america, América del Norte. And south america, América del sur. And the land that unite both Centroamérica

2 Likes

You have better health care

7 Likes

Okay, that’s pretty straightforward and in-line with how it is in English.

USA usually gets shortened to ‘America’ in English but at that point we’re talking about a country, not a continent. I feel like there’s something I’m not quite understanding, haha.

Some days language gives me a headache. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s the healthcare… also a bit jealous of that laminated money in rainbow colors.

5 Likes

You guys made this -

Like, how great is that. Pretty great.

7 Likes

It’s cause americans have never waited 8 hours in the ER waiting for free health care before. Here, it’s literal every single time.

4 Likes

I am proud to say I’ve never accidentally given someone a $50 bill when I meant to give them a $10. There’s something to be said for monopoly money. xD

The best Canadian myth.

One that I believed until I turned 18. Oh was that a rude awakening, lmao

9 Likes

Canada is trash and could easily be anex’ed into the united states. execpt quebec no one likes quebec

3 Likes