Why did Blizzard nerf alliance premades?

This is false. AV premades were nerfed twice. The first nerf removed the BG numbers in pop-ups and thus made opening new instances useless.

After this, however, premades found a new way: have a scout in a PuG vs PuG game, or in another premade, have him report when the game is about to end in 2 minutes, and report what BG number they were in. The premade would then queue into that specific BG number, and when the game would end, most of them would get in the same BG.

This way premades got 30+ people in, more consistently than with the old method. No extra empty lobbies were created. No alliance PuGs suffered any negative consequence now. The only affected PuGs were 5-10 PuGs every game who were carried to a win, and I’ve never seen one of them complain about it.

The second nerf had nothing to do about helping alliance. It was done purely to appease Horde, the dev pet faction.

9 Likes

It may have been part of the second nerf but if I remember correctly there was a separate third nerf which gave us an artificial queue time to scramble the order in which people got into new games.

Anyone who actually thinks Blizzard nerfed AV queues to help alliance PuGs clearly doesn’t know the timeline of premade nerfs. It was made very clear that their intent was to kill people gaining an advantage from having a premade, not to “save” the alliance left in empty lobbies.

6 Likes

Because the horde asked

9 Likes

You’re welcome Alliance!!

IMO it was a good change because it cleaned out a lot of bad players who were mostly just AFK anyway.

Over the last month the quality of players in battlegrounds has actually gone up. Previously like say 6 months back I can honestly say I had never in my life played vs worse horde or with worse alliance.

the meta on what takes place in AB keeps changing and that pleases me. I do occasionally get flat blitzed by organized premades, but I make them work hard for that 5 cap. I love it when they send a single guy to back cap. NOM NOM NOM!

Because horde cried a lot.

8 Likes

It’s known Blizzard is biased towards Horde which doesn’t surprise me cause Horde are just degenerates who grunt at each other as a form of communication.

5 Likes

Because most of their customers are Horde players.

I played Horde at the start of WoW and rerolled Alliance in 2006.

This started after BGs were released in Vanilla WoW and the ORIGINAL Horde were known to dominate most BGs.

After that, many Alliance started rerolling Horde. They were terrible at pvp on Alliance but somehow they were instant pvp pros on Horde.

Now, enter Blizzard.

Blizzard saw the Horde hype and as usual wanted to claim it as their own so they jumped on the bandwagon. It didn’t matter anymore that the story was about two warring factions.

No. Now it was just jumping on the PVP PRO HORDE BANDWAGON!

This is why at their Blizzcons, Blizzard have infamously insulted Alliance players.

They really started believing they were cool or better just because they played Horde.

Putting Blood Elves and Paladins on the Horde was done on purpose to lure more Alliance players to Horde, hence the TBC trailer is mostly a Horde advertisement.

They also love putting the Alliance story in the books but not really showing it in game.

It’s just a Horde fest because Blizzard skewed the game in their favor to pretend they are superior.

If Horde were winning a lot in premade, they wouldn’t have changed anything.

See how many threads Horde made complaining about PREMADES?

DOES THAT SOUND LIKE A HARDCORE PVP FACTION? Or just entitled players used to the game being changed to benefit them?

Alliance is what the orginal Horde was.

This new Horde is mostly try hard trash that run from almost every fight, then call it skill or until they get help.

Alliance are the real raid bosses.

6 Likes

What’d this second nerf entail?

An artificial queue of about 2 minutes before the real queue started, which scrambled people queuing into a specific BG into random BGs instead. Before that, queues were instantaneous for alliance, and even now there is a wait time, even if there are empty spots in ongoing BGs.

4 Likes

Ah, I see. You sure that’s AV specifically? Players were scouting AB with one player to dodge those they faced.

That was fixed by different means, by making it impossible to see the enemy team unless your team fills up fully.

No, you use eagle eye/far sight. I still do it every game to see what we are facing and how many are being sent to each base.

It has nothing to do with the score board.

My understanding is that there is no artificial scrambling in AB or WSG, unlike AV, since queue times could, on ocasion, be shorter than a minute.

I am not an expert on this, though. I was never in a scouting premade, while I was in AV BG sniping premade.

If Alliance believed that who they faced would result in a longer AB game than they wanted, they’d dodge the popped queue and try again.

I saw it happen many times, my guy. The same hunter scouting every time.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it is possible, since there is no scrambling, unlike AV.

blatant lies, horde insta rolls sfgy take shgy and alliance are screwed
 there are times
 when alliance have been able to hold shgy and choke horde at sf
 and just let them keep pushing and dying to sh while people take ibgy, then fw
 and alliance wins
 inexplicably
 but that is rare.

with all that being said, i’ve had some great av’s with really good hk’s and honor in a loss. which makes it very unique in that sense. at least with av you can lose and still get good honor.

Horde wins AV because allies rankers don’t queue it and premade WSG/AB to instantly stumproll pugs and get much more honor per hour.

Cave advantage only helps to defend Iceblood graveyard. It doesn’t help to get stone hearth graveyard. If we take SHGY it’s because the allies don’t have a good team, that’s it.

7 Likes

If the alliance pvp’d as hard as they roleplay the faction war on the forums they might win a few more AVs

5 Likes

that’s because the “99% loss rate” is exclusive to NA alliance.

2 Likes