Why did blizzard implement warmode and destroy the concept of PvE and PvP servers?

Classic servers are balanced, and blizz even enforced balanced factions on SoD which had worked great. I’m sure they could do it on retail too.

1 Like

The top games in the world are usually tightly balanced and gear on one of the competitors don’t make the battle one-sided. There’s a world of difference between WoW’s dumbfounded attempts at being an e-sport and actually competitively-viable games like Tekken, League, or Counter-Strike.

So turn on War Mode and go back to your scheduled PvEing, like you just admitted you’re doing.

Bam, you’re on a ‘PvP realm’.

You really still can’t see the difference?

A server where I can’t just toggle it off at my convenience, that isn’t sharded, that forces you to deal with pvp problems with pvp solutions isnt anything like warmode. This has been explained every which way, but people like you just can’t seem to wrap your head around it.

1 Like

Again, all you gotta do is leave War Mode on, and you’ve got your ‘always on’ PvP experience. Goodness knows I keep finding new and impressive ways to get blown up by ??s when I click that button and head into any remotely-populated area.

Well said. We could explain a million times and put together a dang powerpoint, and they would still wouldnt get it. War mode is not the same as a pvp server.

1 Like

Maybe the dead ends. Wrath has faerlina, whitemane and bene that can’t spell balance.

Benediction in my wanderings made it legit even. 100% alliance reported. Blizzard won’t post numbers, WCL and ironforge is all we have.

And those are the ones moving on to cata. What I meant by dead ends. They exist because blizzard is being nice lol. Cata is the new expac to add to the family.

Grobb kept (some) balance, that I will grant. But at 65 to 35…yeah I have a loose use of balanced.

Arugal when all the OCE migration dust settled…went basically 75/25, horde favored. even the 260 ish people on pve remulos would not change that if moved. Those would be OCE’s only servers now.