Why DH doesnt have 3rd spec

All classes have a third spec except the dh it seems totally unfair to me, in patch 10.1.0 they are even going to put a third spec for the evoker but the dh still only has 2 it is the only class that doesn’t have a third specialization.

5 Likes

Evoker says hi, theres rumored to be a 3rd spec, but right now its at 2

because class design is already struggling with a proper niche for vengeance. now imagine the dilemma with a 3rd spec

3 Likes

Its a tank spec, why would a third dps spec would have any negative impact on that. I say we need a 3spec. Preferably different to Havoc

1 Like

theres only so many resources available to design things and clearly they arent sufficient atm. so adding more to that only means more neglect of already-existing specs

I disagree. Every game has balance problem and it isn’t necessary due to resources. Its the way blizzard does ballance doesn’t necessarily align with your view . I will still push for 3rd spec for DH, thank you very much.

5 Likes

Laziness.
They cant even balance what they have. Adding a new spec?

Yep they could add a range option, a healer option. Another dps style. Like warriors am that have Arma and fury. But hey it’s blizz they always have a bad answer like is lore… Bla bla bla

3 Likes

vdh doesnt have balance issues only. more than half of the right half of the tree is literally dead and unplayable. whats holding them back from tuning it? certainly not the idea that its fine as is because they know it isnt. prioritization? sure, to some degree. but then you could at least put out word they are aware. we dont even have that.

2 Likes

VDH tree isnt unplayable but less powerful compared to other tanks, especially to protection warrior. Arent you dramatazing a little bit?

From what I saw VH has a lot of good talents, especially on the right tree. Its the recent number changes that shifted more tank mains into more powerful classes for tanking but def VDH is playable and can perform in all of the content.

It was just matter of the recent nerfs made on purpose that you claim balance team doesnt have time for.

Im all for the VDH buffs to be on pair with other tanks in terms of performance but I wouldnt resort to call it unplayable and prohibit from adding a new dps spec to the class we all love.

With one thing I can agree is that VDH cant perform in PVP at all with that I ll agree but its not my cup of tea since I really dont pvp to be able to elaborate more.

Unless there is something I m not aware about VDH and you can shine some light on why Right VDH tree is unplayable at any of the specific keys or raids, let me know. Perhaps Im missing something.

1 Like

keep in mind that right side of vdh talent tree are very bugged heavy, dps loss, and defensive losses. which is hard to believe use. but there is no world where you will run fiery brand shield of soul barrier. fiery brand shield itself is far to weak to consider and it only works sometimes when fiery brand experieces. soul barrier is also a very weak button that doesnt do much and costs valuble talent points, soul crush or w/e its called that makes you grab 5 frags insantly is extremely weak due to tis cooldown. the list goes on. alot of these can be fixed if they were reverted to their original variations from the expansions they came from, especially soul monger

no one said vdh is unplayable. just the right side and certain talents are heavily bugged and cruddy

2 Likes

The main focus here is that we want 3rd dps spec and the state of VDH was brought as a reason not to. Im all in for fixes and buffs but I also want to get 3rd dps spec for DH. Then I can rest in peace.

6 Likes

I mean they could put another spec for dh, but why should they when veng is still severely left out and havoc is in a divisive state. When Druid was given its fourth spec, it was because feral dps and guardian tank was extremely well made and both aspect of the original feral tree was solid enough to be its own spec when the first talent tree revamp came.

Evoker is at a similiar state right now. Prevoker is a solid well made spec with every part of the tree functional and devoker was a well made tree and spec that is getting more solid tuning 10.1. Which means they can put all Evoker resources into a third spec

This ofcourse is relevant IF they make Evoker have a third spec. Cause right now nothing is confirmed

you might have things mixed up. I was talking about the right side of the tree, not the right tree aka the spec tree in general.

yes and no? we’ve been voicing mostly the same feedback since the class tree for dh got adjusted to its current layout, meaning, mid/late beta. we’ve gotten radio silence. not even confirmation about most of our reported bugs. longer standing bugs have not been acknowledged either.

a summary since I was asked this on reddit earlier too:

• around a quarter of our spec tree is dead to the degree that not only are the talents simply weak, they also add little to nothing featurewise. you could buff some by 300% and you still wouldnt play them
  • we have lots of minor bugs and some larger such as e.g. symbol of hope not doing anything for vdh since 10.0
  • general issues include: lack of upfront mitigation. frailty / fiery brand need to be applied/stacked on enemy targets, which could be a simple fix: brand yourself and stack frailty on the dh as buffs instead of on enemies
  • outside of meta, which for some reason is still a 3 min cd with 0 cdr, pulls that other specs live just fine we’re struggling in
  • our cheat death is still 8 min cd with 0 cdr
  • our mastery is only 50% active outside of demon spikes (primary mit) which we dont have 100% in contrast to consecration, bone shield, ignore pain/shield block, stagger, ironfur
  • we were indirectly nerfed multiple times because of havoc (the hunt, charred warblades)
  • weird pathing for the spec whose signature spells are sigils. sigil of chains is in narnia, elysian decree is weak without the covenant buffs/unity legendary, sigil of misery is locked behind a pathing that is mind boggling (pvp conduit or “sigils now cast on you” (which is a macro) or “sigils now cast on the enemy”, both taking away liberty where to place them. but at least sigil duration is increased by 2s? lmao)
  • we have some bait talents in our tree that were already terrible in the old tree and saw 0 play at all, e.g. shielding you when you enter meta, except thats when you need the shield the least, so its just heal pad (ruinous bulwark) or bulk extraction which I believe has not been tuned once since introduction in the old talent tree
  • you can waste 5% or 25% of your resource, it doesnt really matter. playing well doesnt get rewarded
  • throw glaive doesnt oneshot explosives since SL S2
  • throw glaive doesnt oneshot the demon either for the very same reason, yet what they fix is… reducing demon health :omegalul:
3 Likes

This whole debate on whether Blizzard has the necessary resources to balance classes is just pure speculation. Its not up to debate if VDH needs tweaking because it surely does.

What if they just simply believe that VDH is fine and they give us radio silence because they think there is no problems. We will never get any specs or classes and VDH still might not get any changes, how are we going to explain/ excuse that?

I really think this argument is flawed. We are getting new specs and classes to keep players engaged and I want both. Proper balance and and some freshness to our class.

well we have confirmation from one of the devs working on the initial dh tree from beta that they are very much aware, and bugs have been communicated directly to them too and most were acknowledged.

I do hope they adress the Issues with VDH as fast as possible so you can enjoy the class and the game alike.

More happy tanks means better for the health of the game.

2 Likes

I think one problem maybe stepping on Warlock’s Fantasy as the other Fel themed class. I’m not sure what a third spec could be but I’d be happy to see another spec using Range Weapons.

2 Likes

Big Crossbow or small crossbows dual wield users. We need more of those and I think it would suit demon hunter well. No pets but something more unique maybe?

1 Like

If they gave DH a 2nd dps spec they’d no longer have a reason to force the class to be mid all the time. That’s why we’ll never see a 3rd.

That would be kind of cool but not really with the flavor of DH in game currently. I think something like a warden or a mid range (evoker have opened that up as a possibility) Fel Magic build would be awesome, something maybe closer to how enhancement plays with demon form giving more ranged and movement while casting. A full midrange melee style would be awesome but most likely to OP.

1 Like