Why da zandalari are part of the horde?

Source for this? I refuse to believe the army is gone.

The book where the council is called together and then zappyboi goes on an adventure with bwonsamdi.

zandalari was the first empire of the world, wich survived the first legion invasion wich broke the world, cataclysm, etc
i refuse to believe the same writing would make them lose to ghun

so no, the horde didnt helped them enough, they literally are the reason to the alliance invaded dazar alor and killed their king, so what the horde does after that? nothing, the zandalari may dont have boats yet, but they re the first and the greatest empire in the world

previous shadowlands book? can you quote that? the alliance took advantage of the gap to kill the rastakhan, and then everyone started to flee when the zandalari army and the horde returned to the pyramid, it was literally them admitting that they could not defeat the zandalari arm, the zandalari that the alliance killed were the normal guards of dazar alor, all the army went to nazmir and when they returned they began to chase the alliance down

thats why i cant play on horde anymore, they were great until the garrosh plot on mop, but okay iil give a chance, voljin is a cool character and
oh, hes gone, theres sylvanas now
and oh no more warchief guys we are peacefull guys

i decide to not give another chance after that and all my toons and progress are in the alliance instead, wich is not that great, but at least theres no more anduin, long live to turalyon

what blizzard did with the horde was one of the biggest disrespects in the history of any game I’ve ever seen like, two sieges of orgrimmar? are they serious?

1 Like

A significant cause of the Zandalari forces’ depletion predated the Dazar’alor raid, being the result of a massive chunk of the army having defected to Zul. Rastakhan points out at the Blood Gates that he’d underestimated just how deeply the Prophet’s corruption of the ranks had gone, and what was left of his legions were struggling to hold back the blood troll invasion there because so many had joined Zul or been killed during his betrayal, leaving the loyalist forces extremely understaffed.

Ordinarily something like the blood trolls would have been a thoroughly manageable threat, but Zul and his cohorts in the Zanchuli Council had been undermining Zandalar’s strength from within and turning a great many Zandalari to their side throughout the government and army, which was largely enabled by Rastakhan ignoring Talanji’s warnings about the growing instability in his realm and not taking the burgeoning threats within his own borders seriously enough, let alone seeing the treasonous plots of his own advisors.

Consequently instead of these threats being easily smacked down by a strong and unified Zandalar, the blood troll and sethrak invasion of Zuldazar proved more costly than they should have between the widespread defections and losses preceding them, leaving the empire already severely under-defended when the Alliance came; hence the depletion of Dazar’alor’s defenders when the legions were sent to engage them in Nazmir. Had Zul’s betrayal and the subsequent invasions by his allies not crippled Zandalar from within and cost them so many lives, they would have probably had the manpower to respond to the feint in Nazmir without leaving the capital so under-protected.

Without the Horde’s intervention, while the Alliance likely wouldn’t have attacked, instead Zandalar would have been taken apart from within by Zul’s followers because it was the Horde’s involvement that exposed their treason to Rastakhan in time for him to just barely crush the revolt.

6 Likes

I read the book and nowhere do they say that. Might be cuz my version is German but only the city guard could be called on because they only had a few hours to gather a force before Apari runs away

I was referring to Rastakhan’s dialogue during the “Zandalar Forever!” scenario:

Zul’s treachery cuts deeper than I realized. With his rebellion, he practically depleted my army.

Those still loyal to me are dying on the battlefield behind me to these invading, endless swarms of blood trolls.

I should have listened to Talanji.

Basically a big part of why Zandalar proved vulnerable to the Alliance’s attack was because the events during Horde questing had left their army so severely weakened. If Zul’s betrayal hadn’t cost them so many troops, the choice to commit the army entirely to Nazmir wouldn’t have been as starkly necessary because they would have probably had enough soldiers to march against the Alliance in Nazmir and to bolster Dazar’alor at the same time. With their forces having been crippled by Zul’s treason, mobilizing to intercept the Alliance in Nazmir didn’t leave them with enough soldiers to also reinforce Dazar’alor.

In the same vein, the Horde’s large foothold in Stormsong Valley probably wouldn’t have been possible if Kul Tiras’ ruling houses had still been unified and coordinated instead of divided and distracted by their own regional conflicts. As it was, the incursion there countermanded the Horde’s mandate in Kul Tiras (and the Alliance’s in Zandalar) to quietly establish small outposts in anticipation of an eventual decisive, island-wide assault, but the reason it didn’t incite a swift retaliation was because Lord Stormsong’s house had turned traitor, the Waycrests were embroiled in the Coven uprising and Tiragarde’s forces were preoccupied with raiding pirates and Ashvane’s political machinations (not to mention the quillboar and naga further divided the island’s defenders by taking advantage of the general upheaval to attack), so Kul Tiras wasn’t in a position to jointly mobilize against the Horde landing in the north.

2 Likes

I loved the whole fish void theme of that raid. It was amazing

The Zandalari aren’t blood bound like all others are to the Horde. Talanji was quick to remind Sylvanas that a Queen does not bow and they formed an official alliance in that moment. Talanji could dissolve the alliance peacefully or otherwise whenever she wants. Any other member who tries to leave is committing treason. But zandalar can leave if they ever decide to do so. It won’t happen obviously because they’re a playable race but also lorewise Talanji holds a serious grudge against the alliance specifically Jaina proudmoote and Rokhan shares this grudge. She isn’t going to discard the only organization in the world that can and has fought her nemesis multiple times with the most recent driving the alliance so close to defeat they were calling up farmers near the end. Had the horde not fractured again during the fourth war the alliance would not exist anymore. Anduin even said at the gates that if that were to fail then it was done because that was all the alliance had left.

1 Like

They are not merely an Alliance. It is true they didnt take a blood oath to the warchief, but they are politically still members. Talanji was just functionally equal to Sylvanas when she joined. Now with the Horde Council everyones essentially equal and listens to them as a group.

In short, they did officially join. Them leaving would be just like anyone else leaving/rebelling.

Which is so strange cause you had Tyrande and the Night Elves going on a rampage, Dreanei were MIA the entire time, the Dwarven clans, or at least the Bronzebeard, have always been shown to be stable and strong, and they’d won each Warfront up to that point. So like, maybe Stormwind was going to collapse but the Alliance seemed overall stable.

3 Likes

Stormwind is consistently written as on the verge of collapse (often by its own fault but they’re absolutely never ever touching on things that show the Wrynns in a bad light again) since vanilla but the way the writers do logistics will never show that because it’s strictly a cudgel and one of the narrative leads thinks the game is a 1:1 to-scale representation of the actual world.

1 Like

Explain this one please. Like, someone believes Stormwind is the size of New York City with 8 million people and therefore who cares (or London with 500,000 at 1700), the Deeprun tram runs at high speed rail speeds, revolutionary movements are co-opted by liberals and defanged or what?

2 Likes

The actual world here would be Azeroth.

Got ya got ya. Yeah, thats dumb lol. What town actually consists of an inn, a blacksmith, a cart, and no homes?

2 Likes

For all that people ramble on about the blood oath the horde was explicitly described as an alliance of convenience as recently as Mists (notably in the Pandaren faction select options).

Its still crazy to me that Horde Pandaren just has zero dialog about Zandalari teaming up with them. People have told me that the Zandalari invasion was over hundreds of years ago and only in Pandaria, not the Wonder isle but a few (a lot) problems with that:
-Wondering isle Pandaren would probably still care for there mainland cousins (and no, the two dont hate each other and yes someone told me that before
)
-The Zandalari Troll Wars ended a long time ago however the invasion from Zul was during MoP.

Of course, I am not saying Zandalari should not be Horde but I dont think no Pandaren would not talk about it
then again
didn’t they forget to give Ji speaking lines in BfA? I should not be supprised.

3 Likes

You’d think Ji and the Huojin would be nothing but ecstatic to go and take out Zul too.

2 Likes

Nothing will happen here. Leaving the Horde is for the best. Thrall and Baine would never harm Jaina ever.

I tell you why. Cause in MoP people saw the zandalari models and said GIVE.

1 Like

I dunno about that because this new democratic horde doesn’t have a constitution that we’re aware of. Until it does, we can’t say for sure what the repercussions of leaving would be for any member.