Why complain about the wow storyline?

I have heard a lot of complaining about Sylvanas, the jailor and shadowlands. Mostly about how people think they are badly written. However something came to mind. Do you think people are a little bit too obessed with whether the writing is good or bad? Even if it is. Why not just enjoy the story we have. It just doesn’t seem like that big of a deal to me to be upset about.

8 Likes

And a good morning to you too, Mr. Danuser. How will you be shoving Sylvanas down our throats next expansion?

98 Likes

Woah now woah.

Woah.

14 Likes

Why do people leave reviews of books or movies?

An MMO RPG is, alongside books and movies, just another medium for telling a story,… and if the story is crap, why should the reader, viewer, player be content with it?

One normally doesn’t need to pay for fanfiction, let alone pay for a subscription to it.
(And with Retail successfully removing the community from all but mythic content… the story is literally all there is to the individual in the game.)

52 Likes

How can it get better if I don’t give feedback? I don’t want an expansion set in the realm of death destroying all established lore….

15 Likes

I said “Sylvanas” not “Sylvanhaus” so no need to worry there :wink:

People are too obsessed with what Blizzard is doing, and take no consideration into what they are doing.

Personally, what are you doing with your time here? This is a virtual world with thousands of people all around you. Why focus on the company? The company simply provides the playground.

Obsessing over Blizzard is like… recess, all the kids are playing, but you wanna go talk to the teachers. Give the teachers a break. They’ll teach you after recess. Go play, go mingle… socialize, make up fun things to do… with the other players.

4 Likes

Most of the people who are"not satisfied" with wow storyline are harcore lore fans ,the ones who buys boods etc and when a person is that invested he needs something which is told anywhere first in this case (the avengers) :slight_smile:

I know i also thought its a great story of shadowlands until i maked the connection of avengers (and mind it that it was MONTHS) :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT:

That was overly mean, even for me.

The analogy you used was very incorrect. Being upset with WoW storyline is like having a book series you love, and the last few books have been getting steadily more terrible… and you take it up with the author.

5 Likes

Given that the main reason I am playing this game is because I get to go on an adventure, as oppose to just reading about one, how well that adventure is written is a big deal to me.

30 Likes

No.
People care about what they care about in this world.
Some people care about their Azaleas some care about Wow story :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

We’re paying customers and we are used to a better storytelling in the past (WotLK, MoP, Legion). Of course people have their right to make their complains seen, especially longtime players.

12 Likes

Cool story.
Main aspect of the game for me is the combat, specifically pvp, whether WPvP or rated.
I don’t think any other game compares to the depth of WoW combat system. Not saying it’s the best out there. But it definitely used and innovated its own system.
As for story…?? I don’t care. Quit caring after sir lord Arthas ded in ICC back in like 2009 or beginning of 2010??? Cataclysm story - OK, MOP - hated it at the time. I regret not delving more into it and playing the whole xpac all the way. Now I am desperate to farm for Shado-Pan rep/achievements all for the title with them.
Current state… I would say lacks compared to old content… but if you play for story RP stuff and whine about how basic or stale the story lore is rn… move on. WoW main quest line ended long ago friend. You’re doing the side quests now.

1 Like

New expansion’s lore should compliment every lore that came before, not spit on it. Now kindly take your undead propaganda and your sylvanas bodypillow outta here!

13 Likes

I’m not paying $15 a month just to look at trees, buildings, Night elf babes, visiting Goldshire, and having Sylvanas shoved down my throat just so they could copy and paste an expansion and ruin the story. Of course I’m going to make a complaint when it’s bad Danuser.

WoWs lore is being written by a person who was a huge fan of GoT season 8 and said it was the best season. SMH!

15 Likes

I agree honestly. Gamers play a video game to play the game not to watch a movie. The story of Warcraft is way better than a lot of video game stories however the story doesn’t need to be there. So why complain about it?

The story is very important. Believe it or not. People’s standards in video games have increased and telling a bad story isn’t going to be acceptable anymore

14 Likes

I’m def not above commenting/criticizing it when the opportunity presents itself, so I understand the urge. Venting/discussing with the community can be fun and cathartic. That said, I agree that it’s not a big deal otherwise. It’s hard to care too much about something that probably isn’t the #1 priority of these game designers – something that’s pretty clear to newbies, who aren’t given even the barest attempt at catch-up re: the narrative lol.

The story and setting is important because without it we would just be geometric shapes fighting other geometric shapes. Which honestly would be a better story than BfA and SL

5 Likes

loo…so STORYLINE in a ROLE PLAYING game isnt important ?
mmmm k .

15 Likes