Why Classic LFG banned?

I cannot understand game designers. Does sitting for hours in a chat in attempt to find group for dungeon is a pleasant social experience? It’s middle of classic and people are leveling less then on a launch. I think this decision has to be revisited. With pitiful number of quests and it’s boring nature dungeons remain as one of the option to level character. I’m exhausted with attempt to find BRD quest group on full Grobb. I can imagine pain on low pop realms.

1 Like

AFAIK, the change made to the API that affected the LFG addon was not made “to break the LFG addon,” but rather to prevent the lag that the automated network calls were causing.

Also though, AFAIK, the addon still works fine for finding groups, for people who are using it.

2 Likes

Well if you are going to quote it, read it. Its not in the spirit of classic. You dont have to like that, and you don’t have to play the game either (especially if you find it boring). But thats the reason.

No LFG.

4 Likes

automated LFG in classic/vanilla? wtf

4 Likes

LFG was making millions of calls on the server and causing a huge amount of lag.

Dont like how making groups worked in vanilla?

Dont play classic

Simple

6 Likes

Defending the community aspect of vanilla…feels like ages ago. Remember when the main complaints on here were aoe/cleave groups power leveling and APES’ week one rag kill? We were so precious.

I have BWL geard holy priest and mage, 53 rogue and 25 hunter. Please don’t try lecture me what to play and what not to play. I’m wPvPer and this is my game.

Ok, so go wpvp then while you spam chat for a group

Problem solved

3 Likes

World PvP is when 120v120 are fighting for world bosses kill or assaulting capital cities, or fighting for control of BRM, like it is on Grobb. Anything else is just PvP. But this is off topic. IMO spirit of classic is ruined by Stock, SM, Mara, ZF, ZG boosts for gold.

No world pvp is any pvp that happens in the open world, regardless of how many people are involved, but sure, make up your own definitions for things

What you describe would be more accurately labeled as “zerg vs zerg pvp”

6 Likes

While this addon may not work, Puggle certainly does. It just works passively by monitoring all the channels you are subscribed to for keywords like LFG, LFM, LF2M, LF3M, LF4M … stuff like that. It then lists all those chat messages into a nice interface displaying all those that popped up within the last 5 minutes. This way, you don’t need to monitor those chats non stop.

1 Like

No. That’s why they created the group finder. This is one of those features they were referring to when they said, “You think you do, but you don’t.” The reason it’s not part of Classic is that it wasn’t part of Vanilla. From the beginning, they made the determination that they weren’t going to sit around second-guessing every single design decision they’ve made since Vanilla to determine whether or not to make it part of Classic. They just released Classic as Vanilla was in patch 1.12. Warts and all. The absence of a dungeon finder is one of those warts. There are many who will even argue that not having a dungeon finder makes the game better. Adding the dungeon finder to Classic would defeat the whole purpose for its existence, which is to remind us how WoW used to be before years of over-engineering sucked all life from the game.

2 Likes

I monitor LFG channel while soloing/questing quite a bit, & it is now mostly just a cesspool of idiocy or people selling carried runs. The same few people looking to form a traditional dungeon group at any given time are often there for hours trying to do so with little/no success. It’s pretty sad really, & it was nowhere near this bad in the original Vanilla days. Just my observations. My main problem with the LFG tool that eventually made its way to WoW during WotLK was the cross-realm and anonymous aspect of it, which ruined the game in its own ways. I’m not sure what the solution is, since the fundamental problem is just a toxic/unhealthy player community in general.

On low population realms we have networks of guildmates/allied guilds/friends that we’ve built relationships with over the course of the last 8 months and don’t need lfg add on. I assumed it was the same on high population servers?

I still wouldn’t mind the tbc version without the auto add member is a good middle ground. It’s basically specific chat channels for people LFG that allows you can see who’s looking.

Because it forces you to actually communicate and work with other strangers…

What a concept in an MMO…

2 Likes

“My definition of communication is the only thing allowed here.”

The short and simple thing that people have been asking for a bulletin board to help with filling groups. The classic community jumps into a fervor when LFG acronym is used because they think it has to mean it’s automated. Look at the lfg interface put into tbc and then trace its iterations all the way to the premade group finder now in retail. All it is just people creating groups in a blizzard-structured way (no ambiguity in terms of what you mean with a /4 post). I can create a mythic raid or m+, and then sift through interested people to then form my own group. No automation.

1 Like

Mmm, I think the fact that it’s a Change and that most DO mean the automation aspect are large parts of why we object.