Why change the need rolling on items?

Continuing the discussion from FIX LFR. Players with Mythic tier win tier token:

Blue posts in the last day or so have been confirming some details:

• No longer can you need on something of a lower iLVL tier set if you own the same item, even for mog reasons
  • No longer can you roll on something you don’t need as an iLVL upgrade? They talked about warriors and weapons, it might apply to other stuff also
  • No one can win 2 of the same tier from the same boss

They are making it so if you don’t actually need the item, you don’t get a chance to roll on it for ANY reason. So for many of us players who are mythic geared and want to run LFR for the different, or in some cases better colour mogs, there is no point if we already have the item of a higher iLVL.

I used to run LFR only for mogs and mounts and nothing else, now I have zero reason to do so since I can no longer obtain items I cannot roll on that I don’t need as an iLVL upgrade.

And a lot of you are now thinking great, can’t take items from those who actually need them, but than you no longer have me queuing for LFR, no more tanking for you, no more healing. One less tank to queue up and sit through all the garbage that LFR brings, and that means for the rest of you, a longer wait time to even get in.

And yes, LFR needs tanks, already I am seeing stachels being offered for tanks to join LFR. I am NOT sitting through LFR for a satchel, I can get those in 10 minutes in heroic and normal dungeons.

1 Like

…We cant roll for mog any more?
Well thats pretty dumb.

you can roll Greed…

Lemme guess, you were dropped on your head as a child.

Greed doesnt really do much when I NEED it to finish my mog and everyone else, even those who cant equip it, are also rolling greed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Read the blue post, it might need some clarification, but there are some details about not being able to unconditionally roll for items.

Yeh and with however many people complaining about needing loot for an upgrade and losing out, fat chance an item I want for mog is going to be able to be greed rolled and actually won.

2 Likes

I’ll be tanking LFRs now thanks to these changes so I guess it balances out. You leave and I come back, a 1-for-1 trade.

You needed to spam yet another loot thread to continue the discussion in an existing one?

Everyone losses it a bit when they see blue.

It’s not the same, people complaining still about loot yet haven’t read the updates. I’m here to ask why they made this change and how it’s going to affect LFR and those who collect things.

Why change it? Because people who already had gear were scooping up all the loot, and people who belonged in LFR as their correct difficulty and gear level were quitting. Good job. It’s almost as though there either was an error in how they designed it, or they didn’t take the current LFR and gearing into consideration when they decided to troll those LFR heroes with a “blast from the past”.

The game needs fewer players, and especially fewer future raiders, right?

It’s no different to any difficulty raiding outside of guild runs, people going to need for any reason and not care. It was arguably worse before since someone could win loot and just not loot it, you would never know who had loot if they waited for it to be mailed in.

The problem here is that people see the rolls every time now and inspecting people to see if they ‘deserve’ it or not and some think because the item is a higher upgrade for them that they deserve it more, or if it’s not even an upgrade that someone else does not even deserve it for any reason.

There is also the flow on effect for normal raiding and above, if I was going to join someone’s raid and hope to get some mog items now I won’t. I would sometimes in the past join raids for the lols and mogs, and since I tank, that’s one less tank for other people, now not only LFR will suffer with less players, so will premade runs.

I have to think if it’s worth going through an entire raid hoping the entire group will only greed something and than I might have a 1/20 chance of getting it.

This change needs to bring another roll option, we have main spec need roll, off spec need roll, greed and pass. There needs to be a mog roll for those who can actually use the item so when everyone else passes or cannot roll need than the item has less chance to be passed to someone who cannot even use it.

Just do alts

No matter what they do to the loot distribution system in this loot structure, it will suck for everyone in some way. How 'bout getting the item bases out of the loot table, put them on a valor vendor, and make the bosses drop valor and upgrade materials, have crafters be able to modify all items with tons of sockets, embellishments, tertiary stats, and then add back in dopamine hit gambling addict loot in the form of randomly distributed highly sought after tradable items.

Does it really say that? I got the impression that the “prioritizing” was going to be happening behind the scenes, that you could roll need but if someone didn’t have tier they would get it.