Why can't we send stuff to cross faction alts?

this really hurts making horde/alliance on the same server as you can not send mats for professions, enchantments unless it’s on a heirloom, or gear we find.

2 Likes

Because that is what the designers intended. That the factions be isolated, that includes mail and chat.

Although if you have a second account, you can use the auction house to pass stuff, with a 5% goblin fee. Just be cautious of pricing to avoid losing items to ah snipe bidders.

8 Likes

I have learned that with the AH approach, either for transfering gold or items to a different faction, that it is best to have both characters near the vendor at the start of the process. Keep in mind that there is never going to be a cure for people who snipe bids. However, such an approach minimizes the chance of it occuring.

you can’t do the AH trick unless you have a friend on hand or another account. you can’t buy/bid on your own account auctions.

@Kozzae i don’t want to mail to others on said faction just the ones on my account. i wouldn’t even mind a goblin charge for doing this since it is cross faction. ever since ah became 1 i see no reason why this could not be implemented since (if they were not on the same account) i could just buy the others items on the AH. i know why you can’t bid on your own auctions but buyouts should be allowed.

2 Likes

Make sure to put in a suggestion via the game help menu. Unfortunately CS is not a game feedback forum, but the developers do entertain ideas. However, I would not count on any changes in the near future.

6 Likes

i’ll send them something on the ptr every week and see if they cave =)

People have been asking for as long as you could have both factions on the same server, aka a very long time.

Good luck though.

Need I remind you that this is “World of WARcraft” and not “World of Sharecraft”. However, if you would like to possibly suggest such changes, then the general discussion is the best place to go.

1 Like

it’s not like my toons can fight each other. they stop existing when i change to another one. they also share all my mounts, heirlooms, pets and many other things.
totally WARCRAFT though cause we CRAFT stuff while at WAR. you think war crafts its self?

5 Likes

War is a craft in itself - hence the term, warcraft.

1 Like