Why can't we join groups in the maw?

1 Like

Teufelgott that’s the bug report forum. I was just wondering if there is an actual list of confirmed bugs to read?

Yes, it’s called the Bug report forum. Beyond that, try Google.

2 Likes

I’m starting to see where this is going…

2 Likes

Well I googled it all I could find was bugs from prepatch 2 months ago. I don’t know why there’s so much hostility here I just want to see what confirmed bugs are in Shadowlands right now. I don’t have an ulterior motive.

The Bug reports forums is quite a good indicator of what is bugged in game.

To be fair, even I was under the impression that’s the way they wanted the Maw to work. Or, to be clearer, that’s how it has to work, and “that’s the way it’s gonna be.”

This doesn’t indicate a bug that’s being worked on. I mean, fair enough, they may have indicated it somewhere else that I missed, but this text here doesn’t indicate anything will change in the future.

I also really didn’t care, TBH, because you jump in the middle for the maw, and there’s a port back to Oribos. So, worst I have to do is port to Oribos, then jump back in the middle. 30 seconds max.

For larger runs, I’ve been making or joining groups that do all the dailies and rares.

:man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

If there is one, it’s posted in the Bug Report forum. There was one there until the bugs listed in it were fixed. Blizzard hasn’t posted an updated one. The best you are going to be able to do at the moment is through posting from other players, replies from Blues in existing threads, Twitter, and fansites.

I guess the problem here is the language “an exception that remains” is very vague.

1 Like

Again, if they intended the Maw to be strictly single-player, they would not have implemented a hotfix that enabled level <60 players to see their groupmates, nor would they have posted the workaround for max level characters. If they didn’t want players to group up in the Maw, they would have made everything solo-able, and they would have just said ‘this is the way we designed it, this is the way we want you to experience it’.

I don’t see the vagueness. They pushed a hotfix that fixed the issue for all characters except those at max level. So they posted a workaround for those characters.

3 Likes

It means that this is still in the game. It doesn’t actually say that it is working as intended. Because there is a simple work-around the bug is not going to be high on their priority list. it doesn’t say they are not going to change it. It doesn’t say they are going to change it. If it was a blocking issue, it would have a higher priority.

Yes, it doesn’t say either way what they mean to do with it, so it’s vague. That’s what I just said…

The only way to get a FULL Bug list is to work for Blizzard and have access to their bug tracking tools. Major issues are usually acknowledged in a post somewhere though, as this one was.

Generally, if you run into an issue google it. Then check the Bug Report forum to see if others have reported it. Also check Wowhead comments to see if something is supposed to work a certain way (quests).

You will NEVER get to see the full bug list as a player. Never.

4 Likes

Nothing at the moment. There is a work-around. When/if they fix it has to do with now complex the issue is and how much work it would take to fix it. As the system is working otherwise, and you can resolve the issue just by going back to Oribos, they may just leave it. Any fix they do could result in another bug. If other issues develop with grouping in the Maw, they may look at this issue again. It’s all about the cost/benefit ratio.

It’s not much of a work around I just want to kill the raid event but by the time everyone can phase in together it’s gone.

[Editing mine.]

…no, that’s actually intended. I believe I remember hearing that the developers wanted the Maw to be as inhospitable as possible, and not being able to call in reinforcements at will via group finder is one way to do that.

People need to leave to Oribos/Torghast then come back into the Maw to join the leader’s version of the Maw.

We really don’t need another way for alliance to quickly form full on raids outside Ve’nari’s refuge to farm out the kills for Against Overwhelming Odds.

Except that the Blue post on it says it isn’t but that they aren’t currently working on the issue.

If the Alliance can do it the Horde can too. If the Horde isn’t doing it that’s on them.

The wording is a bit nebulous. I took “holdout” to mean remaining issue/bug. Based on how the Maw works the same fix may not have been applicable there. Obviously, our QA and Dev teams know about it, but I’m afraid I don’t have any more information.

Not really.

We used to have a list that was put out as an expansion launched but the majority of those bugs were exceptionally minor and had little to no impact on the game. The bug list you are likely looking for isn’t really something that can be provided because there simply isn’t time.

Our QA team receives bug reports, via in-game tool, bug report forums, from our staff, etc… they add it to their list, work to prioritize which ones to tackle first or otherwise assign out to the teams and they go to work. Most of these bugs get resolved quickly, often within 24 hours. The amount of time it would take to maintain a list and keep it current would likely not be productive in the long run.

My team maintains a small list on our Breaking News page that covers some of the higher contact drivers.

2 Likes

[Emphasis mine.]

The wording of the post makes it sound very much intended [that the max level Maw requires jumping through hoops to group up] – Why would there be a setting that can be flipped on/off, then left on (in one specific zone) to the player’s detriment unless it’s a design choice?

Horde don’t have an Against Overwhelming Odds quest to do, therefore, less reason to group up and kill alliance with reckless abandon.

Awesome this is what I wanted to see. Now I know I don’t have to post or ask about those issues if I run into them.