Why can't Night Elf Warriors/Hunters equip the Darkshore Moon Glaives?

Its not even a glaive, its a fist weapon that every NE player has fantasized about having at one point or another. The Sentinels have them and they are certainly no Demon Hunter.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/3/30/Naisha_TCG.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131229203023

A glaive for the demon hunters would be something like this (Just a simple edit to the sword model)
https://i.imgur.com/IC2ThR9.jpg

Can we please just categorize this as a fist weapon or at least remove the transmog restrictions?

Thanks.

28 Likes

Hey now, you can’t be allowed to have TOO much fun

11 Likes

My favorite part is how in the past, they said they weren’t ever going to add the glaives because they were too iconic and restricting them to a few classes wouldn’t feel right.

Then they add them and restrict them to Demon Hunters, the one class that feels the most wrong.

26 Likes

Wait… they gave… Demon Hunters the Sentinel glaive?

O.o

o.O

12 Likes

Would have been nice if Night Elf Warriors and DKs got glaives, heck even Tyrande gets a glaive and she’s not exactly a Demon Hunter…

8 Likes

Yes. Literal elven exiles get the most iconic elven weapon in the entire lore.

8 Likes

Imagine your Demon Hunter running around with two of those on their hands…
With all that spinning and twisting they would become a human helicopter.

5 Likes

I can’t.
That’s the problem. What Sentinel would ever give her glaive to a demon hunter?

4 Likes

shhh don’t talk about elven lore, they’ll hear you and ruin it more :frowning:

This should be a fist weapon and not a sword. Why? So rogues, warriors, druids, monks and even DHs can equip it, DKs can get on without, if it was a sword druids would lose out and Druids trump DKs.

4 Likes

You’re right, I can’t bring up any of the cooler parts of our lore or they might reanimate the beaten corpse and have it join the Horde.

1 Like

I think we need to form a Elven union and get some collective bargaining done.

2 Likes

We need to secede first. The only good human is a Gilnean human. Let all the others fight their own wars.

8 Likes

I just saw this on <made up amusing third party site name. It turns out I can’t post links. Even when they don’t exsist>

We have heard your complaints on the sentanel war glaives loud and clear. As a result we have made some changes. These weapons will now be useable by any melee class and will be fairly easy to obtain. Being such an Iconic weapon we didn’t think it was fair to hide it behind a loot grind. We did however want it to be an accomplishment so they will be bind on pick up. Where will these fantastic weapons come from? From Night Elves ofcourse! So starting with 8.1 all the Night Elves in the new Darkshore warfront will have a chance to drop it when killed! Happy hunting!

2 Likes

Wait what are you talking about?

You say this as a joke, but considering how much the Horde has literally looted from the corpses of night elves (including the actual night elves themselves) they just might do this.

7 Likes

Someone made a joke post.

Also, someone pointed out Blizzard taunted us:

~https://i.redd.it/053ktjbj5j221.png

In their Faction Incursion Preview, they have a Night Elf wielding the glaive that ISN’T A DEMON HUNTER -.-

2 Likes

Why yes. Yes they do.
She’s actually a Huntress unit from WC3.
You know, a modern survival hunter.

But it IS an NPC not a player character, so we don’t get a moon glaive unless we’re DH.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but if I can transmog my artifact staff over a fist weapon and off hander, then I don’t see why these glaives can’t simply be for all Nelf melee classes.

5 Likes

Bright side… they are Night Elf exclusive.
They’re just exclusive to the wrong night elves.

3 Likes