Why can't Lightforged be Monks?

I’m like way salty that the more races and classes we get, the more arbitrary the race/class restrictions seem. 8.3 farted all over the lore, so just let me be an Undead Paladin already! :cry:

1 Like

They’re zealots that shine in the light. Meditation and inner peace go against righteous fire and the rage of justice. They’re only allowed access to classes that can represent the light as the tilt their nose towards the elements, nature or even their own inner energies.

1 Like

They should be Rogues, you can’t tell me they survived on Argus for 10,000 years without any sort of espionage.

5 Likes

What the green caveman said.
Also Horde bias. I mean orcs aren’t known for their “inner peace” are they?

Thrall Horde moved towards contemplation and communion with the elements. Orcs get the best of everything.

Yeah ok.

1 Like

Female Lightforged have a horn option that looks like a heart. They’re superior to all other races, no matter the class.

3 Likes

Everyone with two functioning arms should be rogues. It’s not that hard.

1 Like

It’s a controlled fury… :grimacing:

LF draenei really got the bare end for class choices lol.
I remember first picking them on the screen and then ‘‘wth , what’s up with the lack of class choices’’

1 Like

Yeah, and I wouldn’t mind if it made sense. Okay no Lightforged Warlocks I get it. But Monks? Really?

2 Likes

Because they are unworthy of being the best class in the game :smiley:

It’s because monks are a class strictly tied to Pandaren, and no pandaren were on Argus to teach them.

I think it’s dumb but that’s the excuse. There was apparently enough time to train Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren, and mag’har could be explained by having monks teach them during WoD.

But apparently lightforged just haven’t been taught it, which is ridiculous considering they can only be, what, 5 classes?

3 Likes

I was surprised too considering they really made monks playable for almost everyone. Not sure why LF Draenei wouldn’t also get the option. A lot of how they choose who gets what is just weird for classes.

Yeah what the hell I wanna be a holy goat monk :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Zero reason. Monks have been turned into this “default class” that every race can be like warrior even though they have lore associated with them. How can a stupid vulpera know how to be a monk even before they are initiated into the horde? What pandaren taught them all that? Kind of nuts lightforged are exempt considering you can see draenei monks in outland AND argus.

4 Likes

Monks = Balance in all things. Light and Dark, Life and Decay.

Lightforged. Literally all light. No dark. They burn the darkness out of themselves.

That means no monks.

I think it’s because they knew giving alcohol to the Lightforged would not be the smartest move. :blush:

No but seriously why are meditative monks throwing around kegs of beer? Who knows. I think it completely doesn’t suit this class. I guess it was more for a fun factor in MoP.

I was informed once Lightforged don’t have very many classes due to the Horde race that was released a long side with it. I feel this is the most sensible reason. Still sucks they are so limited in choices.

It’s because monks have roots in the Warcraft universe before MoP.

The Pandaren Brewmaster was a Hero unit in Warcraft 3. Which monks are primarily based on.

I mean, monks are sort of about balance, in the sense of inner spiritual balance (being calm and disciplined, not giving in to rage, etc) but I don’t think the monk class has anything to do with balancing cosmic forces. They’re more focused on mastering chi (positive life energy) and since the Light is the source of all life in WoW, if anything Lightforged should be fantastic monks, able to channel chi better than maybe anyone.

2 Likes