Why cant dps wait?

Chill out. That’s my advice for you.
If dps are pulling its their mistake, not yours. So play the game, do your best and don’t stress so much about other people mistakes.

Also, your time to revenge will come at M+20’s. You can pull everything and watch everybody dies but you :smiling_imp:

Kidding! Just kidding, don’t do that! :rofl:

3 Likes

and then we have to read about it on forums, because every experience that happens in a dungeon needs to be broadcasted to the world

Agreed. Many players play silly and don’t take roles seriously when it’s trivial content. Those same players will generally focus in and be more careful when it’s challenging content with rewards they care about (heroic gear, vault slots, io score…). Those challenging runs can be stressful, which is why many players cut loose and break norms when it really doesn’t matter - it’s stress relief. Running 4xM0s for weekly is a great time to be silly and break norms, so we can focus in again when it’s time to get serious. Time and place for everything.

1 Like

It is literally in their name.
“Damage Per Second”.
The timerʻs always running.

Hey, don’t blame me, I’m chasing the tank.

I felt this in my entire soul. Sometimes it makes me nervous to hit a CD because I hate watching then time out after the pull when I could be extending it on the next pack of trash.

1 Like

Always wait,when i tanked if dps pulled ahead of me id just sit and laugh when they died

I’m still not a fully experienced tank myself. I usually just dabble in ksm after doing my dps first, so tanking is my alt role.

Honestly if it’s communicated first, I’m happy with dps to take control now and then if they judge it better than me.

I know for a fact that I can’t pull properly for a fire mage. All I do is follow popular routes and I don’t really change them up based on the group.

I also know that my tank can probably survive a triple or quad pull sometimes but I’m not so sure about the other 4 surviving.

The best recommendation I can give is get something like OmniCD and if you see your big DPS have their CDs up, go big.

1 Like

Cause people are impatient. We still have people wanting to pull the entire dungeons themselves in LFD.

And vote kick people who couldn’t keep up and get locked out of boss fights cause when they tag a boss a door appears locking them out of a boss fight.

It’s like there favorite race car game on steam is on maintenance and can’t play. But they still want to go 300mph.

In a very real sense, good dps with offensive CDs available make for good tank defensive CDs, simply because the threat to tank health gets annihilated before a tanks survival CDs run out - if they even have to be used.

I used to be better about tracking them in BFA and knowing that I have increased survival when I saw my rets wings off CD on Omni going into a gnarly pull

In heroic HoI tanks aren’t even hanging around for the bosses to die before they’re running off to tag the next one.

let em die, then they learn reallll quick

2 Likes

Yeah I have omni but I guess I don’t know how far to push it sometimes. Maybe that’s more a thing for a set group of people than random pugs, though. Sometimes the common double pulls will completely stump a group and cause a disband lmao.

I went left in waycrest the other week and pulled the two outside trio + the two down the corridor at the bottom of the stairs + a witch (don’t think it was an etch but could be wrong) in an 18?

Like 5-8 deaths and instant healer quit. I didn’t die though and just kept soloing it myself until everyone left.

1 Like

No they just leave the group. But not after them saying some nasty choice words first. This isn’t 2004 anymore.

the move on to the next dungeon. your a tank your ques are instant/fast in lfg. dps pulls for you they die anyways or worse wipe the group so there isnt really a difference

2 Likes

“How come you didn’t peel off me?” - said by the healer who pulled stuff far out of range.

no real visual distinction between dps and tanks anymore, so dps runs up and then another dps goes running in close thinking the tank was pulling, then the mobs aggro, all while you’re standing back taking your sweet time looting junk.