Why can you AFK the entire Radiant Echoes event and get full loot credit?

I think it’s been semi-“fixed” now you have to enter the event to get credit. You can’t just park an alt in one of the event spaces and go AFK and get credit when it’s done. You can still AFK once you ever the event, but not if you are there when it starts. Though tbh, this actualyl screwed me over a couple times when I wasn’t AFKing when the event would just happen to spawn where I was and I did it, so if this happens make sure you exit the event and reenter.

This is how Superbloom works, and its not a problem.
This is how those temporal rift events work, and its not a problem.

Basically, its not a problem.

Welcome to two weeks ago.

It is going to get done with or without the afkers. One is just focusing on other peoples gameplay and not their own make for very unhappy times. moments lost, while being salty over others.

You get XP so fast that, even if you are lvl 60, your ilvl is still 40. You get one shotted by everything in the zone. The people “not doing anything” risk getting killed and losing the XP because they failed to contribute their infinitesimal damage to the effort .

That’s been happening on my druid. I’m dying pretty easily to the mobs in the zone, so you can imagine what the event mobs are doing to me. I missed out on so much credit being dead or trying to run back that it would make more sense for me to hover in the air. I am getting gear, but it’s such a low ilevel that it’s less than what i had at level fifteen (am now thirty-two).

I still try and do the events though, because I feel guilty letting others do the work.

Not from my perspective. Im looking at you event in dragonblight at the area of the chronolords. Done that one on multiple alts at least 30 times and have gotten nothing probably 25 times. No memories for killing the mobs, no memories for completing the event (200+) and no gear drops. Others work 75% of the time. And no im not AFKing im killing things.

1 Like

well lots of time I participate and get no drops so I don’t care if people do this. I always participate on my 70s but on low level characters sometimes I don’t. You don’t get rewards on the mini bosses unless you tag and you miss out on a bunch of xp in the other events.

who cares? let people level their alts and get gear. Its hurting no one in any way.

1 Like

I’ve received credit for flying to another spot and accidentally flying over something that just finishes. Note pops up, you have an unused talent point. It happens.

1 Like

The event itself is very short lived, Blizzard doesn’t care for rewards that make really no difference the second that TWW goes live.

3 Likes

At best, the gear will allow people to go in and not spend their early time corpse running till they complete a few gear reward quests.

1 Like

It’s actually crazy the amount of people that are upset that we’re upset because they’re griefing us while they’re being entitled. As long as they have the objective in their log they count as being there and get rewarded, and increase the bosses health without tagging it. All they have to do is be in the zone with the objective. It’s actually annoying. If it was one or 2 people I wouldn’t care but sometimes it’s like 5-7 people.

I will confess… those level <20’s of mine are there for the Recruit Sturdy armor and weapon items that become unavailable at level 70 and gone for good after pre-patch. They hover. They sit nearby. They occasionally get a hit in. But they are made of tissue paper and the entire fight would be me running back to claim my corpse over and over again and not really being of much help. Their ilvl is often somewhere around… 30.

My level 70s do participate and help out unless I need a bio break. Then I consider it multitasking when I hover nearby. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: