Why can’t we have seasonal classic, TBC and Wrath server

Imagine once a year we get a seasonal Classic, TBC, and Wrath server. The season lasts a year at which point all the characters get moved into the permanent servers and a new season of new servers begin.

For those against give me your reasons why this would be a bad idea?

I for one would think it can only benefit the game. Right now I have no interest in playing wotlk. I’m like 3 phases behind. But if I could start on a fresh server, get to the end and then get funneled into the permanent server I would definitely be more interested in it.

I think it would only increase the player base

6 Likes

Yes, yes. I like the way you think.

4 Likes

I’m not against your idea. I would just like to have permanent TBC and WotLK servers too. And if a fresh cycle became a thing, then at the end characters could be dumped into those permanent servers.

8 Likes

Only thing I’d like to change would be the length of the cycles 2 years for each.

3 Likes

I would be happy with seasonal being not just Vanilla, like they currently have, but one for Vanilla, where currently their season is SoD, but also one for TBC, and one for Wrath, so we can choose which expansion we like, or another option would even be one year in each. Start over in Vanilla, knowing that it’s going to TBC, and then Wrath, each at one year.

1 Like

Only if there’s also Era servers to stay on forever. I do not want to lose my progress and start over all the time.

5 Likes

Why can’t we have a permanent classic TBC and Wrath servers period? Instead we have classic era, a classic era private server flavored and a classic era but you can’t rez server.

No need to do anything fancy, just re-rerelease the same thing you just did a couple of years ago and things like boosts and the WoW token will make them more profitable (because we all know, at the end of the day, that’s the only Blizzard really cares about) than the current classic era options anyways.

4 Likes

thats what I mean… there is 1 permanent era, tb and wrath server.

On an annual basis, a fresh era, tbc and wrath server comes out. After 1 to 2 years, season is over, all chars are transferred to the perma servers, and a fresh one begins

1 Like

We still don’t quite agree :wink: 2 Era servers at least, one PvP one PvE and preferably one RP as well.

3 Likes

I know this question has probably asked a thousand times but I’m not usually on this forum… have they given an official reason why they won’t give us just one TBC and Wrath server?

They are the most popular eras of WoW so it’s confusing to me.

2 Likes

I haven’t heard of any, but it could be out there. When WotLK launched I was of the impression that Vanilla Era servers died after the launch of TBC, so they didn’t want that to happen again by having empty TBC servers.

With time though, we now see that people went back to Vanilla and those servers look much better. Blizzard should learn from this and throw up a TBC and WotLK server for people that don’t want to progress out of the Classic genre of the first three versions of the game (Era, TBC, and WotLK).

5 Likes