Fresh Cycle Servers

Please open a fresh server in Classic, TBC, and WotLK era servers that resets X months after the last phase and auto xfers characters to the corresponding era server cluster before a reset for the new cycle.

Thank you!

Edit: end of cycle would automatically move characters to persistent era server before the cycle server wipes, thought I made that clear in the op above but wanted to clarify characters should always, always be saved.

10 Likes

It’s pretty surprising this hasn’t already happened, tbh.

3 Likes

I hope dev is going well, how many more sprints do yall think @Blizzard?

I used to be for this idea, cycling the Classic Trilogy, but having seen MoP Remix, I think it will be both more fun and the way they want to go, to use Remix servers.

Maybe, hopefuly MoP has enough modern content for the remix to go well

I’ve found the classic remix of SoD an absolute dumpster fire and have touble playing it. It basically made me semi quit after playing Classic since 04

2 Likes

I would love a TBC server, but without the resets. I want a permanent server. It would be great to have a set of each, Era, TBC, and WotLK servers where people can transfer between them (paid transfer?). This way people can stay on the version they love, or they can progress if they want to.

9 Likes

Ye, there should be a persistent non reseting of the original three and a cycle server thats available and has transfers to the perma-era servers for classic/tbc/wotlk. A clone to the next era would be awesome too

4 Likes

Recent history has shown that the majority of people get bored and don’t want that. Blizzard doesn’t cater for individuals so they’re unlikely to ever do that.

This would be perfect.

Then freshies can get their fix, and the rest of us can keep our beloved progress.

Here’ to hoping
:clinking_glasses:

6 Likes

Circumstances are different now and many people don’t get bored completing old content. Unlike each new classic expansion, this expansion into Cata is a whole new animal and a great number of players want nothing to do with it. Giving them a home is a smart idea. This is more than a few “individuals” too.

Not all players have short attention spans also. This is proven by the 1000s of people on private servers. TBC private servers are some of the buggiest (from what people have said). I am sure many of those players would love a better experience on a server where they can expect their characters to be permanent.

Just these two groups are more than enough to have a viable, profitable server for Blizzard and once again Blizzard can prove that they listen to their customers.

6 Likes

What about “recent history” has changed in the last 12 months?

1 Like

did you watch that tbc video I linked you? It shows the six month drop off was just interim between raid releases. It maintained over three hundred thousand raiders till wrath launched and would’ve recovered if the devs hadnt forced people off

2 Likes

I guess there are some that just don’t understand how disgusted a core of players are with Cata.

3 Likes

Season of Mastery was proof that “people don’t get bored completing old content” is a false statement. People were bored of Vanilla. SoD has changed that because it’s constantly changing the content with new raids and abilities.

Do you not understand what this means?

When there are no new raids, and the content has been completed by the top tiers, people get bored and stop.

I can see a fresh TBC server being released in a 1 year rolling window as viable. But TBC Era would fail after Sunwell gets boring, because that’s what people do. The OP’s idea of rolling servers is a possibility, though they’d want to go from Vanilla through TBC then Wrath then back to Vanilla.

But the idea of permanent TBC era servers that Jaleesa wants is guaranteed to fail, because it already has.

Private servers are not permanent Era servers. They kill the servers and start a new one when everyone gets bored. The resets are specifically to keep things interesting.

i happen to know that most raiders didnt successfully run sunwell lol in the original progression thru later expacs, that place was still wiping raids till the devs made old raids trivial. there were like 6 archers in the first group that did percentage damage and would haste themselves to boot. you coulda been level 2000 and they’d kill ya just as easy as a level 70.

anyway, yes the tourists left till new raid. the tourists were not planning on tbc perma, but when they left, there were still two hundred thousand people still raiding older content

My fellow ASD homies, we can replay, re-watch, redo the same things over and over and over again. Do not underestimate people’s desire to play the exact same content.

Like I’ve mentioned before, people still play the OG Everquest.

1 Like

I obviously disagree. There are different personality types out there. We have enough players to make a viable TBC server. Many people enjoy different parts of the game, including leveling. There is an enormous amount of content in WoW that people skip over in a rush the endgame. If there is no imminent “end” then people can relax and enjoy the whole experience, which would take years to do.

Exactly! :laughing:

3 Likes

FRESH is the best part of classic.

2 Likes

Tell me you play private servers without saying you play private servers

2 Likes

I don’t think cycling is a great idea necessarily unless the characters can find permanent homes elsewhere afterward. If so, why not?

3 Likes