Why can’t Dracthyr look like they do in cinematic?

yeeeeeeees because cinematics are a 1 to 1 exact representation of how things look in a game, am I right Genn?

5 Likes

He even changes clothing between cinematics and in-game.

The thing is, the difference reflects early criticism of dracthyr models being too skinny.

5 Likes

They have a wider jaw and thicker neck in the cinematic. Such simple changes helps significantly if you’re more interested in a buffer, more badass looking dragon race.

Both versions look goofy to me tho, as do all the anthropomorphic races in this game.

3 Likes

He looks special lol

Have to disagree on that, have you seen the elder dragon fanart from Spyro Reignited Trilogy? The most popular ones are buff and/or chunky.

Woa, I didn’t know they were supposed to look cool. How about that.

That demographic is a negligibly small part of the wow demographic. And the wow demographic wants buffed out fantasy dragons. They should probably stop making this game the new VRchat if they want any subs left.

My dracthyr in beta both look awesome

1 Like

No offense but your character looks like a bird.

1 Like

Dracthyr don’t lift.

Definitely wish there were more options with dracthyr bodytypes. I would like a big muscled drakkonid looking character.

2 Likes

Made an entire post about it over at:

But TL;DR: in-game dracthyr aren’t designed like the icon warcraft dragon, while the cinematic one is.

https://i.imgur.com/tD4BMUu.png
1 Like

yeah they look like trolls when they run so i bet they were modeled off them whish is why i wont touch them

brad pit looks just like him

the animations where drachthyr are doing things, the phrase which comes to mind is ‘a wad of limbs’.

those changes look more to be limits of the graphics system were as the dracthyr changes represent two completely unique visions

1 looks like a race of dragon warriors
1 looks like fan art you’d see on deviant art

I know most folks are focused on the face/neck, but the wings are held higher in the cinematic image and look more imposing.

1 Like

I didn’t even catch that. Good eyes!

It’s all a matter of perspective . . . personally I think the dracthyr do a good enough job for what they are and will be.

Also as someone who has posted stuff on Deviantart (old wow model viewer stuff and sfm stuff, nothing nsfw) I can assure you . . . yea kinda but then again your idea has also been posted there to . . . case and point DA is a horrible place and I need to find a new platform.

chugs drink

Massive you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about energy