Why can’t Dracthyr look like they do in cinematic?

Seriously what the hell?

12 Likes

Because cinematics are never 1:1 with the models in-game and vice versa.

4 Likes

Because the ingame dracthyr aren’t WoW styled and the cinematic is.

6 Likes

Not sure what you’re complaining about. Here’s the image, where someone decided to use an entirely different look to somehow compare them:

Here’s just one of many ways you can get close to that cinematic look:

So where’s the problem?

12 Likes

I would like it if they smoothed the running animation a tad, I don’t want lots of head bob but they look nice to me. I’m just miffed that Soar is a lesser version of dragon riding and can’t say be upgraded alongside it. Would make more sense that the Drackthyr are “relearning” things than using other dragons to get around. Still as far as visuals are concerned I wouldn’t mind a few more secondary colors and snout patterns but they look good.

5 Likes

Dragon people buff dudes and girls with boobs, imo.

3 Likes

I want to see Dracthyr in an actual cgi cinematic. Then we’ll talk about Dracthyr looking boss.

4 Likes

Because World of Warcraft is still being designed to be played on a potato PC

4 Likes

Enough said.

1 Like

To clarify here: I am not saying this is good or bad. I am simply answering the question presented.

1 Like

I’m saying the Reddit pic trolling crap, though. Because they didn’t even out any similar customizations side by side. They specifically picked out an entirely opposite customization to be dramatic.

1 Like

I tried to get a look closer to the cinematic look, there is no escape from the ingame dracthyr’s wonkiness.

10 Likes

That’s Emberthal, right? Yeah, doesn’t exactly look like her in game model…

Then again, lots of characters look pretty damn different across different media.

4 Likes

Its like watching Chris Redfield in every Resident Evil game he’s in. His look changes EACH time into something very different and it drives me nuts lol

4 Likes

They can play classic if their PC is 30 years old.

1 Like

Neither of these look like the cinematic lmao so you just proved his point.

Jesus the race looks so terrible

10 Likes

That’s a pretty huge difference, you either have facial blindness (which might be a first if it can be proven it stretches into fantasy video games) or you’re being obtuse on purpose.

10 Likes

I see we’ve gone straight to insults instead of looking at the same nose and the squared jaw. Good job acting like a jerk over a cartoon vs. in game model. If you can’t comprehend “getting close to that look” vs “looks exactly the same,” and dont understand the difference between “cartoon” and “video game model,” I’m not the one with the problem.

Oh Art for art sake is in the eyes of who perceive it. No two artists are the same neither their style.

They look terrible either way. So ??

2 Likes