Why can’t Dracthyr fly?

A dragon (with wings) riding a dragon is kind of silly don’t you think Blizzard?

37 Likes

Hopefully they’ll just update Drakthyr’s Soar to work exactly like a dragonriding mount

28 Likes

I hope so.

It’s pretty immersion breaking when the NPCs tell me to fly well, and I can’t :sob:

12 Likes

Because we have to wait until the end of the expansion to get the cool things we’ve been asking for since the beginning of the expansion because blizzard hates when we have fun.

20 Likes

It’s not that they think you can fly; they’re just making fun of you.

10 Likes

because the only thing i know how to do is fall in style… sorry, i was transmog limited so i just fall without style…:sweat_smile:

9 Likes

They used to, but Blizzard hates fun so they nerfed it.

2 Likes

The whole thing is silly. All they had to do what have our wings work with regular flying in old zones and dragonriding in new zones, just like everyone else has with mounts, cast time and all, working exactly the same. I don’t know why that was difficult.

15 Likes

Why cant Demon Hunters fly?
Oh, you didnt have an issue with that for the last 6 years? You should be fine now then.

2 Likes

Visage form Dracthyr using fart propulsion was silly too

1 Like

I haven’t heard this one in a minute

False equivalency.

One sprouts wings to slow their descent and when they transform into a demon.

The other has wings at all times.

10 Likes

Idk but my dracthyr’s wings need stretched.

4 Likes

Why can’t demon hunters fly?

5 Likes

Lots of birds have wings but can’t truly fly.

3 Likes

If DHs had an ability to use their wings like a sky swimming mount that only lasted 30s with a 1min CD (after you land), I would also ask for them to fly.

Only Dracthyr has a racial to DR that is pruned for no reason. Make it whole with the system.

10 Likes

Unfair advantage in pet battles :dracthyr_a1:

3 Likes

Aren’t their heads and bodies a bit too heavy and wings a lil too small?

Lorewise we’re asked by Alexstrasza to ride with our dragonriding mounts to teach them and show them around.

Also flight takes a LOT of energy. A dracthyr would get tuckered out quickly and have little energy to fight. Their wings are strong since they can still take off and fly on their own compared to the demon hunters. DH wings are more glider based and only Illidan has the big chonky strong capable of flight wings. Since a wing has to be strong enough to make sure the body can get up into the air.

And both Dracthyr and DH’s don’t seem to have hollow bones so that’s more to their weight. And I’m just talking about the energy for flapping. I know gliding is a way to save energy hence why both do it.

( I had to do a bunch of random research into wings for my Tiefling in DnD )

6 Likes