Why can’t Dracthyr fly?

Because they dont want you getting to pet battles and WQs too fast without a mount.

1 Like

This is what we are hoping once Dragon Flying is open in all areas. Right now the limit on it is to keep Dracthyr from abusing the speed in old world flying and while I understand it its a bit goofy. I love using Soar in The Nokhud Offensive but the 2 min cooldown and the limit of 1 up and 2 forward uses really puts a damper on what should just be a fun racial. Guess its FUN DETECTED!

The NPCs fly normally like its no deal at all. Your telling us the NPCs are better than the “Heroes” of the world? Besides its magic flight.

11 Likes

Demon Hunter has wings all of the time as well, they just come out when needed. There are numerous cinematics and in-game fights where Illidan flies using his wings.

2 Likes

True. Dracthyr have more in common with chickens than dragons. Ive always said this since their model reveal.

This has been THE question for almost a year now. Please let us fly :airplane:

5 Likes

If the Dracthyr NPC’s can fly normally so should player Dracthyr.

Let us fly Blizzard a dragon riding a dragon is silly.

8 Likes

It kind of does actually. I was screwing around with it once and when i accidentally hit a spell it gave me an error that said something to “mounted”. :thinking:

I know you mean, use whenever you want, i just figured it’s interesting that i’ve accidentally discovered this. :slight_smile:

…This is a magical fantasy game with jack black pandas defying gravity and any type of physics. :confused:

No offense, but… the game is FAR away from believably and realism since TBC, why start now to be more realistic? If it were any other franchise like say… The Elder Scrolls, sure, because that game was going for more down to earth believably with elements of realism as it’s base for almost everything. Here, it’s just Harry Potter logic, but amped up…

2 Likes

Y’all are just a little too fond of those sausage rolls they sell in Valdrakken. That has led to (ahem) power-to-weight ratio issues.

Dracthyr “Let Us Fly” “Let It Go” version.

Let us fly!
Let us fly!

Way up high into the sky!

Let us fly!
Let us fly!

I don’t see not why!

Can’t you see, we all want to fly free!

Let the soar rage on.

The cold never bothered us anyways.

2 Likes

Birds (chicken, emu) with wings can’t fly as well.

Boomkins are too fat and heavy to fly.

But they can flap and fall gracefully

1 Like

Into the pot.

Now I must take my leave in search for a roasted chicken for lunch.

Emu egg omelet is delicious

1 Like

Realistically, it’s because then they’d have to make up a reason Dracthyr can’t fight while flying. I mean, they already hover, but if Dracthyr could fly they’d need to work out full on aerial combat. They avoid that with druids by making it a shapechange to a form that can’t use their combat abilities. But they’d need a whole new excuse for Dracthyr.

Meanwhile, I really enjoy the mobility Dracthyr do have. I use their flight ability to zoom around Valdrakken, even fly across the continent if you leave from high place. It’s more than any other race has in Dragon Isles.

No? Blizz can just make it to where you have to cast in crouch position to launch off and fly, it would take same amount of time as using a flying mount would so no harm done.

Druids can instant cast flight though so your argument is invalid.

4 Likes

Don’t know why your telling me this like I already believe Dracthyr should have proper dragonriding and was among those making requests for it to be made as such when Blizzard gave the response no because unfair advantages in certain content and among the content mentioned was “Pet Battles”.

In short it was a joke :dracthyr_tea:

2 Likes

That was literally one of Blizzard’s flimsy excuses on Soar though lmao

2 Likes

…Sounds like a ‘Bad Dragon’. No wonder it’s the preferred play style by Blizzard. :smiling_imp:

Hey N’zoth, how’s that Bad Dragon working out for you anyways?

I’m aware. I’m just rambling pretty easy explanations for stuff.