Why Calia must die

She is not a real Forsaken. She is an alliance spy send by Anduin to undermine the Forsaken military and put us at a disadvantage. Her first act on the desolate council was the ceding of Gilneas to the Worgen which was an illigetamate. For this high treason she has to be brought to Orgrimmar and execute. No more shall weakness and mercy for the true enemy cloud our judgement. Down with Calia and down with the Desolate council.

8 Likes

okie dokie artichokie

15 Likes

It’s all I got. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You’re right Erevien, Calia should be assassinated by some Forsaken, and thus cause a Forsaken civil war between Lordaeron loyalists and Die-hard “We love blighting lands” types where the Alliance then has to swoop in and gets to reclaim Glineas and Lordaeron, with the latter being a mixed population of living and dead Alliance members by Anduin’s suggestion! Best idea I’ve seen you suggest.

10 Likes

Troll somewhere else alliance shill.

2 Likes

No, the start of that would actually be an interesting story, and likely a good one. The alliance does not need to get involved, and likely should not be involved. I’d even extend it to all warmongers being fought against and executed.

The non-warmongers would not be friends with the alliance, but would be more an agreement to we leave you alone if you leave us alone.

How to make traditional anko bean paste-filled dorayakis:

Ingredients:

*** 2 large eggs**
*** 2/3 cup sugar**
*** 1/2 teaspoon baking soda**
*** 3 tablespoons water, or milk**
*** 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour**
*** Vegetable oil, for frying**
*** 3/4 pound anko (sweet azuki bean paste)**

Steps:
-Put eggs and sugar in a bowl and whisk very well.
-Dissolve baking soda in water.
-Add water into egg mixture.
-Add sifted flour
-Heat a skillet or hot plate and lightly oil it.
-Pour a scoop of the batter into the skillet and make a small pancake (about 3 to 4 inches in diameter).
-Turn over when bubbles appear on the surface. Repeat this process for each pancake.
-Cool the pancakes.
-Make pairs of pancakes, and put a scoop of anko sweet beans between them.
-Enjoy with a cup of unsweetened tea.

26 Likes

Wait, Erevien! What if this only makes things worse? :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::robot:

2 Likes

I don’t know, sounds like you’re the Alliance shill wanting the poor Forsaken to go through even more loss and devastation.

9 Likes

Aight, lets break this down.

We had a whole questline where we cleaned Undercity’s surface up that already addressed this point.

While you may not be satisfied with the answer, it is something that was already addressed and dealt with in-universe.

There is literally no evidence to support this.

If you are citing the book for BfA, even then, that does not support her having some secret agenda of infiltrating and undermining the Forsaken in order to aid Anduin in some possible future conflict.

We are at a time of peace that has existed for roughly 7 years now and the taking of Gilneas was a literal war crime achieved through using chemical weapons that even Garrosh was opposed to using.

Doing this not only helps to further prevent any future outbreaks of conflict between the Horde and Alliance by acting as a good diplomatic move, but it also helps to increase Alliance favor of the Desolate Council in comparison to Sylvanas (something desperately needed after Sylvanas).

All of these being strategic reasons, as I doubt you would take a more empathetic and moral-based line of reasonings regarding the Alliance seriously.

Even if we were to assume that everything you have said about Calia is true, what exactly did Lilian Voss, Farnell, Belmont, or Velonara do?

• Lilian Voss proved her loyalty to the Horde and the Forsaken in BfA.

• Farnell has been a longstanding member of the Royal Apothecary since Classic.

• Belmont provided aid in attempting to secure both Gilneas and Darkshore while also aiding us in dealing with the traitorous Lord Godfrey in Shadowfang Keep.

• Similarly, Velonara is a skilled Dark Ranger with a history of consistent loyalty and dedication to the Forsaken.

Outside of any complaints about Calia, who has less longstanding ties to the Forsaken and the Horde, the rest of the members of the Desolate Council were the ones to pick up the pieces after the Forsaken and the Horde were abandoned by Sylvanas in BfA.

11 Likes

i hate calia, but killing her would just be narratively wasteful and she does have potential to be useful. I despise the idea that forsaken leadership needs to be palatable to the alliance tho

2 Likes

All of you bring up fair points but have you considered the fact Calia has big tatas?

8 Likes

Erevien for Warchief. Down with Calia!

(For real though, I have no problem with worgen getting back Gilneas, but the idea of Calia giving it to them is ridiculous. Her entire existence has been an abject failure. Like the work of a teenage fanfic writer).

7 Likes

Who the hell would anyone start a civil war over…Calia? I truly have trouble suspending my disbelief enough to think that any significant portion of the Forsaken care about her at all, much less like her. It doesn’t even make sense.

As usual, Blizz portrays the Horde as having no opinions of their own, no agency or thought outside of their leaders. As usual, they glorify the concept of nobility with zero nuance or deeper though on its implications, especially in the Horde. The idea of Forsaken just suddenly supporting a Lordaeronian noble who has no idea of the pain, agony, hatred, and mental trauma they go through is patently absurd.

6 Likes

She should die because the idea of a light-raised undead is silly. The Light, the power with the ability to return a body to actual living life…Sure, I guess it could be used to make a zombie but why would it be.? How is that advantageous?

Also her little white dominatrix outfit is dumb. She looks more like a marble statue, or a titan keeper than what I assume they were shooting for; an inversion of Sylvanas’s aesthetic.

11 Likes

Then Calia has no place among us since she only exists to pul the teeth of the Forsaken and make them peace loving.

Yes preach it.

She didn’t. She is only loyal to herself. She had zero influence among the Forsaken before Blizzard decided to push her similar to Voss.

I wouldn’t. I don’t want to make peace with the people who have harassed us since Cataclysm. Ivar leaves Forsaken land. I do not take anything less. Until that happens no Gilneas for the Worgen.

Neither he nor Belmont rejected Calia meaning hey agree to have alliance influence in the new government.

It doesn’t matter if it was justified or not. If that matters then no human kingdom is just since they stole all their lands from trolls and gnolls. We took it by force so it belongs to us now. If Genn wants to make amendments he can make an offer about why we should give it back instead of just demanding it with some blood and soil logic behind it.

READ.
EXPLORING.
AZEROTH.

The alliance has occupation forces in all our major zones minus Mulgore. That is not a peace treaty but subjugation.

She is just like Baine and Thrall. She does no support the Horde but a peace that puts the entire Horde at a huge disadvantage. She tells her own people to roll over and die so the blue team gets everything they want.

Last time I checked Undercity is still not avaiable.

The Forsaken community has every right to complain since nothing good came from it. I want real progress not some scraps while the alliance gets a five course meal with their new graphical updated world tree.

1 Like

Well said.

I mean, that is how the Forsaken were mostly written in canon lore why ruled under Sylvanas. For years the Forsaken were mostly serving as a side prop to boost her up as a fan service, while the Forsaken story has been ignored.

Calia is not a new character, she has been in canon since 2008, and in the mmo since 2016. She is the first born daughter of King Menethil. Her claim to the crown of Lordaeron bring political and social value in the form of by right of birth she can claim land and titles to create stability in a manner that the Alliance will not have an easy time with politically.

Politically, Calia is a very dangerous weapon against Alliance land grabs.

It’s time to move on past the 20+ years of Sylvanas story.

5 Likes

Yeah, and that was stupid writing when they did that, too. The Forsaken had so much potential to develop in interesting ways. Instead they decided to turn them into vessels for one character, and then decided she didn’t care about them all that much in the first place.

Long-running issues do not justify themselves by being long-running issues.

1 Like

None of us know what lies ahead and with the changes that will come to their story under the new creative lead and writing. The fact that the Desolate Council exists and gave attention to figures such as Belmont is a welcome change of pace that is already by itself a huge change.

The 9.2.5. gave more quest and individual time to core canon lore Forsaken Figures than any other quest or patch in…many years.

2 Likes