Why burning down that tree wasn’t evil

Oh no Garrosh was racist, not because of destroying the vale, simply because of what he believed and his actions, orc supremacy, shunning other members of the horde, the usual delusion of superiority.

Racism is in one’s beliefs and actions. Half the reason Garrosh is popular is because he is kinda hot and dominant xD

Meanwhile we have sylvanas who committed similar actions yet she does not have racist beliefs or behavior, her goals were completely about gains and rewards rather than feeling of delusional superiority or species supremacy.

If anything, it’s more or less nihilist beliefs. Whatever you may call it, it doesn’t really excuse anything she ever did. Burning a tree full of people is still an evil act, even if Tyrande did it herself.

…and would actually make a better story in BFA then what we have now.

It’s genocide. Sit down and stop making a fool out of yourself.

1 Like

Could be true, though those beliefs are far higher than racist beliefs in terms of “evilness”, tangible gains will always make more sense to me than delusional feelings of superiority

Depends on those people, did a vast majority support terrible things like racism, xenophobia, homophobie and the usual “people who are not conforming to our standards ere bad and we will find ways to discriminate” directly or by voting?

In that case I find the burning of such a tree to be absolutely a good thing overall.

As the alternative would quite literally be to send every single one of them to mandatory therapy to throw out these beliefs from their head and that would take months if not years.

I can tell you right now that not every Night Elf who is on that tree is a Soldier, or even reached Adulthood to fight.

…Okay, first off… “Are bad”… not “ere bad”.

Second, no night elf (outside of possibly Tyrande, cause she’s loopy now), or even alliance for that ever does what Garrosh and Slyvanas did. They don’t have a leader that does exactly what Garrosh and Slyvanas did, by implying though their actions, that if you don’t follow them, you’re most likely going to die.

…Sure, fine. Some Night elves can be racists and xenophobics… some of them. This applies to anybody else, some of them are. Forsaken, Humans, Blood Elves, Trolls, Dwarves, even Pandaren. Anybody.

A few bad apples doesn’t mean the entire barrel has to go.

Oh no I was being general, I have not bothered enough to know about night elf society to know if they are that or not, I merely said that if they were it was an understandable act to put the tree on fire.

Though again, kids will become adults, and the average person will conform to societal beliefs so a kid living in a racist town, surrounded by racist beliefs and adults will more than likely also become racist so i dont subscribe to the whole “kids are holy” thing. Very very few kids have the possibility of being immune to that and you cant really say you would save all those terrible people just cuz one MIGHT turn out good.

It was more of a philosophical topic rather than in gamelore one since like i said, I havent read enough on night elves to know with confidence what’s up.

Well, i can’t give you a 100% answer on any of the examples you provided cause there’s no race are 100% those things.

Well, i barely know my night elf society before i move to Exodar, and the Night elves seem like nice blokes. Leaning bit on the hippy side though. :broccoli:

I seldom see a night elf being racist to anybody who isn’t them. If it’s commonplace as you suggest, they wouldn’t even join the alliance.

You know, for all the finger pointing at Night Elves being the racist ones and how they deserve it, have you not stop to think that this exact argument you’re making can be used on any race? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I could easily say the same to the Pandaren, Blood Elves, Trolls, Goblins, etc. But i won’t.

I also yet to see any actual evidence that supports that Night Elves are generally racist to any other race that isn’t them. Heck, i yet to see any actual Evidence that supports that Forsaken are generally just a bunch of unfeeling death machines to any living they come across.

Very very few kids have the possibility of being not being racists and you can’t really say you would leave all those nice people to die just cause one MIGHT turn out bad.

As for the kids, you just punish them. Kids aren’t really the brightest of the bunch normally.

Well fair enough.

Surprise surprise… “but the greater good”.

Arguably burning down the tree was the right thing to do because the nightmare has been successfully corrupting it since vanilla and a fully corrupted world tree would basically amount to an apocalypse anyway. So, better to burn it down rather than give the old gods their inevitable super weapon.

The night elves should have done it themselves.

THAT SAID, burning it down with all the civilians still on it? Definitely evil by any definition. Even if you think some night elves, like, say, their military forces, are evil, killing civilians and -children- still qualifies as ‘evil’.

1 Like

As interesting as that was it didn’t answer my question.

I’m not really sure which comment you’re referring to, could you elaborate? If it’s the Night elves, as stated, the Furbolgs were mind controlled/corrupted by the Emerald Nightmare and had to be put down and were/still would be the Night elves allies just some of them had to be put down. And as stated the Centaur were a non-distinguishing threat to everyone, including some Horde races.

the only reason i can see this being flagged is because its a repeat thread…but, should we have burnt it down? YES!!!..why? because we are horde, they are elves…crush kill destroy!!! was it evil? who cares if it was or not…this is WAR!!!

Horde and alliance are both bad.

Liadrin and Velen delightful tea party event when?

It’s a reference to my first post in this thread.

The Alliance commits the same acts which they demonize Horde for, using "the greater good"as an excuse to justify their actions.

Which is exactly what you did… twice.

Like it or not, The only real difference between the two factions, is that Horde is willing to admit they are monsters.

So we used Blight? raised the dead? impaled parents on walls with spears where their children could see them and cry traumatized? Used an Old god’s heart to try and corrupt Pandaria and make a violent army of blood lusted Orcs? Nuked a heavily inhabited island with an enhanced mana bomb?

Now for Alliance war crimes: killing surrendering Orcs in Pandaria (while people argue the Sha hadn’t appeared yet, these people seem to forget what Sha ARE, they are pure emotion, you do not have to “see” them to be affected) which the Pandaren explained as being emotional manipulation by the Sha of anger,

camp Taurajo (while we let the Civilians flee the battle there was still no reason to raze it, as later learned it was misinformation that lead to the offense), Dwarves repeatedly dog and berate Tauren/Orcs at sacred sites (this one alongside Taurajo I have to admit are rather pointless, who even uses explosives for excavation anyways? That is NOT how archeology works!), The molten giant of Dazar’alor (seriously why haven’t we expelled Dwarves by this point?), etc.

Of these and some unmentioned like the one leader of an Orc internment camp, they are either isolated incidents carried out by individuals mad with power, or in an inordinant frequency predominantly carried out by Dwarves, those Alliance warcrimes which weren’t outright possession (like Theramore’s Orc on Kul’tiran/Alliance settler war where both sides were possessed by demons or the Sha’s of anger in Pandaria). What’s worse is that the Dwarves’ carelessness has harmed both Horde AND Alliance races, remember gnomeregan? Dwarf released Troggs.

Yes yes… I get it “for the greater good”.

Go back and read … nevermind… I’ll just quote it for you.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say “filled” the Night elves got over their closed door policy and quite frankly the Dwarves are probably the only race still largely racist, but between the two types we have like at best 10% of the Alliance populace as Dwarves.