Why bring a warrior to M+

Fury has actually pulled ahead of arms for most m+. The place it is still outshined are big pull dungeons on tyrannical week, and of course, teeming weeks (usually, and specifically tyrannical combined with teeming)

Motherload, Waycrest, and Freehold are arms favored keys, whereas Atal and Kings Rest typically favor fury. In addition to tyrannical favoring arms, fortified favoring fury, etc…

Thats sad to hear. I’v ran a few M+ with you and you are by far one of the best prot warriors doing M+ out there.

Rogue and DH utility is BROKEN thank you for pointing it out.

1 Like

DPS Warrior toolkit compared to DH/WW/Rogue is actually so pathetic I wonder how Blizz even considers this type of thing balanced. DH has literally like 2-3x the utility (aoe stun and single target stun, dispel, darkness, blade dance breaking mechanics, stealth detect, insta cast hard CC, chaos brand) AND does more dungeon damage with their ST rotation also doing massive aoe/cleave damage at the same time with no extra effort required… and has more mobility (especially cause warrior has to talent for their only stun, giving up double charge), and has more survivability/selfheal. Like… what?. DH is literally better at everything and has no weakness. Truly a hero class.

And then rogue has a bunch of stuff + shroud which is really all you need because high level mythic+ is all about doing the trendiest skips cause blizz decided that making BFA trash twice as numerous and twice as cancerous is somehow fun.

Prot Warriors are pretty decent just because they mitigate well and they do the most damage among tanks. Take away their damage and they’ll be a joke because they are also seriously lacking in the utility/pulling toolkit.

Taking a DPS Warrior on the other hand over a DH/Rogue is just gimping yourself thus… no one invites DPS Warriors. Sure you can still time some stuff as long as the rest of your comp is good but you’d objectively just do better with DH/Rogue and it’s not like theres a shortage of them so, hard for Warrior to get an invite. Can we get some real utility on dps warriors please blizz?

3 Likes

We need to do away with this “hero” class nonsense, or atleast make it purely aesthetic…

Every damn hero class starting with DK has been op and broken

4 Likes

It’s almost as though a significant portion of mythic plus is determined by trash strategy and not how well you can manage 3 mechanics for 3+ minutes. We already have a content mode for bosses, that’s raiding.

1 Like

If the grand strategy of mythic+ is trash (and how to skip it lol), which it is, ty for restating the obvious, that just makes it all the more important to have really good trash utility. And DPS Warriors (which you don’t even play) certainly don’t, which is the whole point.

Good ole sackless, can always rely on this blizz apologist to nitpick 1 line out of your entire post cause he thinks he’s some kind of gatekeeper and every valid complaint about warriors has to go through him.

By all means, teach us mr mighty warrior with your 2 total mythic kills and low io. You’re only 1k io, highest key you’ve done is a 12 TD and you burn keys left and right from the looks it. You’ve only timed like one +10 of most of the dungeons, and are still missing several. And you’ve done exactly 1 10 key as a DPS Warrior so yea… You talk big talk in these forums 24/7 and are constantly trying to gatekeep, but where is all this hot air coming from? Maybe your opinion is not very relevant to high keystones and other competitive gameplays that always seem to need to try to disregard everyone’s criticisms of? Ya… maybe. Stick to discussing things you actually have experience in.

4 Likes

Nah, it’s just you and people who agree with you who just run around saying trash is too numerous and difficult when it’s literally 70% of this branch of content. How is nitpicking to ignore your rant about how you need 18 combined utility skills to get through trash when I already flat disagree with all that nonsense and focus on how you just thing there is too much trash in the content designed around trash counts and skips.

Quoted you because you seem to be confused. If raid trash was as numerous and difficult as dungeon trash, you’d have a point. Just super irritating to constantly see whining about the entire basis for strategy in the whole content branch.

Certain dungeons need more packs to be naturally skippable to lower reliance or a work around through consumables, but that’s not really what your on about. You’re just memeing.

Seems I have touched a nerve. Just go on believing the thing holding you back is utility. Top dps warrior is 2600+. Clearly, warrior just can’t be competitive. Too bad others prove your pet theory incorrect.

4 Likes

The numbers say that at high levels the war dps is one of the least represented classes. Is not it playable? Certainly not, but surely other classes are more desirable, expecialy Dh and Rouge (again, over and over… bad game desing?).

2 Likes

I’ll state the obvious that seems to be …lacking in here.

You take a Warrior to M+ becuase the player behind the Warrior can complete the Key. What other reason should there be?

If you want an ideal comp for the Week’s affixes then fine, Warriors aren’t great for everything. But the Class can still do keys on challenging weeks.

It’s like everyone cares about M+ being this ideal playground of picking the perfect groups to do the pushing when only a vast minority of players will ever be in more than is required for the weekly top rewards.

2 Likes

Only Half the classes have viable utility for mythic +, warriors were FINE WITH SHOCKWAVE. Then they had to gut it because people were crying about it in PvP. 99% of the class design choices for this expansion make 0 sense. Unless you have people working around your shortcomings as a warrior like some teams do, you will not be ultra competitive in M+ UNLESS you get the EXACT right Azerite traits.

Azerite is the most garbage system I have seen in this game, and it has well and truly made the beginning of this expansion feel I’ve come frustratingly short of being competitive in M+.

Stack haste and spam your rotation like NUTS and maybe you can match a demon hunter or rogue for dps IF you’re good, but there’s no way you’ll ever compare if you haven’t stacked heed my call. Literally mythic + in this game right now is only fun for half of the classes. It’s actually pathetic how they took 2 steps back from Legion.

I was a decent 3.5k raider IO for m+ in legion, and despite the enrage damage increase debuff, I could pull off the right numbers if I used my stuff/talents right.

They took the legendary system, added more RNG, took out the ability for Azerite pieces to drop in dungeons, and only added in titan residium after people BEGGED them to.

The problem is that not just warrior is unviable for m+, but literally if you don’t play a havoc DH, Rogue, Blood DK, or boomy, it’s going to be INSANELY harder for you to push IO score. Oh yeah… and don’t forget the endless hamster wheel of farming the meta azerite traits while other classes straight up BASELINE are just better. I can’t express enough how stupid I feel class design is right now in general. M+ brought me back into WoW, and now it just feels like a hollow badly designed copy-paste from Legion, with half the effort put into it.

JUST PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE ME BACK MY SHOCKWAVE :’(

3 Likes

The Problem is, people LIKE M+. They ENJOY pushing keys. I do, (at least I DID)
The prime disconnect is them seeing everyone do a +10 is possible and so as far as they’re concerned it’s fine. Them gutting half the classes in the game of their utility, and then leaving the rest alone is just ridiculous. Don’t want to sound like a broken record, but it literally seems like Blizzard just wants everyone to play Havoc Demon hunter. This game is literally just a cash cow for Activision from the terrible design decisions, it’s like they’re not even trying. Feels like WOD All over again.

1 Like

It’s horrendous, but the most? That’s a stretch.

That has nothing to do with azerite. That’s being a warrior. Or rather, not being a dh/rogue/ww.

Fury just straight up just does more damage overall in a dungeon than DH or rogue, and arms beats both in mass aoe. That has nothing to do with m+ competitiveness.

Well, Gutripper, OP are better even in aoe for fury, and there’s primary traits to consider…

To be fair, you missed a few specs. WW monk, BM hunter, ele shaman, frost and fire mage, should mention resto druid and mw monk, and brewmaster monk+prot warrior for tanks.

It’d help to see your character. You obviously play fury from your posts.

I play a lot more than fury. I just focus on it the majority of the time.

So much juggling with azerite and Im so poor. doesn’t help it costs a butt ton of gold to swap specs all the time. I want to play arms too, but i’m terrible at making gold

Thanks for the meticulous analysis maybe I can make some changes. But I still think Azerite so far is just plain the worst.

One of the three main issues with the azerite system, I agree. That, the difficulty of acquisition, and the constant need to re-grind traits already previously earned.

1 Like

Hence why it’s like the legendary system BUT WORSE

Can you show me your toon in game and give me some tips? Whisper Axelion-Mal’ganis I’d rlly appreciate it