Why bring a warrior to M+

Changing spec is free. just hold diferent peice for each spec.

I only play on EU, I have no characters beyond this little level 20. But I can do that

Please show me screenshots of you doing significantly more overall damage than a high IO equal gear/skill DH/Outlaw Rogue in high mythic+ that hasn’t died during a boss fight/big pull or something. Cause I’m calling bs on that. At best you can keep up and be about equal with an equal skill/gear DH but a good Outlaw Rogue (which more and more rogues are switching to in mythic+ now that subt cheese got nerfed) with proper traits will crush you both. And that will be even more the case come Tuesday, because Outlaw straight up has way better AoE traits than Fury, and season 2 they can stack them + still have ST traits for bosses with double the traits to work with.

I mean even looking at Zek logs which are maybe the closest you can get to somewhat mimicing overall mythic+ damage with large add phases, cleave and ST, as expected Fury is pretty much tied with Havoc, meanwhile Outlaw Rogue is significantly above both.

And War have literally like 1/3rd the utility of the DH that you can at best pretty much equal in damage, and less survivability/self healing too so… no one wants War and why should they?

Pretty easy for Blizz to give DPS warriors some utility and no reason they shouldn’t since it’s not like they have more dps/survivability than the meta classes to compensate for the lack of utility.
It’s crazy our only stun is a ST we have to talent for and give up mobility for and our utility outside that is pretty sad as well.

I’d like to see at least Shockwave back, as a baseline for all warriors like Prots (it’s duration already got nerfed, and DH kept their stun… why the heck cant warriors who even with it would still have signifcantly less utility?) so we can have two stuns (1 talented) like DH at least.

And something to hugely improve Rallying Cry to make it DPS Warriors signature utility in dungeons without making it too good in raids would be an interesting direction to go in imo. Maybe killing mobs lowers it’s CD by x second, enough for you to be able to use it every minute in dungeons instead of 3 minutes and maybe it’s a bit improved when hitting only 5 targets too, like gives a small absord or gives a 5% damage/healing buff for the duration. That might at least make DPS warriors something to think about on high aoe damage affixes/dungeons, while not really impacting it’s raid use. Even with those 2, lacking dispel, hard CC and the blade dance/netherwalk cheeses still limits your viability compared to DH, but at least it would be at least maybe worth considering Warrior too some weeks in that slot.

1 Like

You forgot about dk unholy, which has an out-of-control aoe: 600+ k dps on reaping ( 415 item lvl).

I didn’t forget anything. It’s not reaping for another four days.

I think I just hit my face off my desk. Thanks. A good fury warrior will almost always have a higher overall, in most dungeons. Some, like FH/WC/ML can have big enough pulls (depending on the week) to give fury a disadvantage. That said, fury’s damage is very, very consistent. So even when it’s CDs are over and the trash is dying down in numbers, it’s output doesn’t drop drastically, like other specs (such as outlaw, or DH, or monk) do.

Add to that, weeks like this, where big pulls are less realistic, or really any fort week, and fury’s constant high cleave (highest in the game at 4-5 targets, but you didn’t know that) and the fact that fury has noticeably higher ST damage for bosses than any of the three aforementioned specs, and you’ll see a higher overall damage from fury. I never said significantly. I never said massive. It’s a higher overall. That’s it. Typically might be anywhere from 1-2k or so, but it is higher. As I immediately stated after, that higher damage is not only not large enough a gap but even if it was, it still wouldn’t make up for the lack of utility.

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

Christ don’t sim anything yourself, ever. You’ll probably trip and die. Somehow. Jesus lad.

Oh. My. God. I love these bliddy, 1600 kids who don’t even blow through mythic that just repeat everything I say, as if I had not just uttered the words prior, and feigning offense at my apparent ignorance.

Mate, you play balance. I never. Ever. Said. That dh or rogue or monk did not have infinitely more utility than a warrior. I said, that while warrior typically will do slightly more overall, it has nothing to do with m+ competitiveness. Take your conjecture and your interpretation and send it to the hills, I’m not having it.

Moment of Glory. It’s still a damn strong ability in dungeons. Just not as massive as in prog.

3 Likes

He made 4 edits (so far)… Maybe if he spent that much time reading your post he wouldn’t have gotten so much wrong.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, at what level do you folks think classes need to be meta for m+?

Due to its infinitely scaling nature there comes a point where only certain classes will even be viable to push (remember stacking immunity classes in legion esp on tyrannical weeks)?

What I’m asking is where do you think that line is? Should any class, properly geared and well played, be able to handle a 15? A 20? (Obvously this will fluctuate as ilvl rises and blizz possibly retunes keys each season.)

At some point you just have to resign yourself to the fact that at x level or higher depending on affixes, some classes just dont bring enough dps, or survivability or utility etc and this will always be the case unless they totally homogenized classes.

It advances as time goes on, and gear accommodates more and more for ability to get through the key. In early Uldir? Like 15. Now? 20+

No reason to take a dps war over any solid rogue and DH what saves more time shroud or a warriors dps? Dhs have darkness aoe stuns a banish skill and can pump AOE and ST dmg with no effort at all not to mention they have the debuff ability which there is no scroll for

Protection war seems like it will be nice in season two tho with it’s insane AOE for reaping and shockwave

1 Like

Who are you arguing with, the wall?

1 Like

Lol there’s the cute little boy did mommy extend your computer time?

You should get off the forums once and awhile and play the game or maybe go outside :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok just show me the proof and I’ll gladly believe. Lets see Warriors crushing an equal gear/io/skill DH/Combat Rogue overall in dungeons in multiple runs. Show us. I’m willing to believe if someone would show the proof for once.

Like I said, at best you match them, you’re never going to blow them out of the water unless someone dies or something, and bring less than half the utility, therefor there’s zero reason to bring you and it’s sad seeing Warriors get mass declined because Blizz decided to prune stuff like Shockwave while not only letting DH keep all their utility but giving them even more (purge/5% debuff). Even if you did beat them by like 200 dps or something once in a while, it’s not worth the massive utility/defensive cheese loss.

And next patch Outlaw Rogues will be doing even more in mythic+ due to the extra traits favoring specs that have completely overpowered aoe traits that they can now stack along with general/st traits to be more well rounded. Look at the sims for keep your wits about you trait, it’s absurd and gonna be even more absurd at 415.

1 Like

Fury and Arms are outclassed by DH/Rogue/WW. They just don’t have the utility of those specs

Prot is really good. It’s a top 3 m+ tank. Best tank in the game for specific dungeons like underrot and the best tank for tanking most tyrannical bosses.

Good, it needs to stay here. Would like to see more utility through old vigilance and buff to intercept

Consider taking the Safeguard talent for some situations. It has more utility than most give it credit for. (I listed some of the situations in which you might use it above, though most incoming damage is manageable without it unless you’re pushing much higher level keys than the average player)

I tank with both blood DK and prot warrior and both feel great for dungeons. Prot takes more skill to play in terms of understanding what type of incoming damage is occurring and when its going to happen.

Prot with 6 trait azerite is amazing. Arms/fury are out of meta(M+) more than now .

I take a prot warrior to m+ because I enjoy playing prot warrior and I enjoy dungeon content.

I agree, I think safeguard has use in dungeons and raids

I have a macro that intercepts my targets target and helps generate rage

I come back to this thread and it looks like I missed a lot, jesus.
At least for raid tanking Prot feels good, haven’t done any M+ yet though.

1 Like