Why atonement?

It doesn’t work, blizzard. It’s a cool idea, and you gave it a try, but it’s time to scrap it. The only place that atonement does anything is a raid environment. You don’t do enough damage for it to do enough healing to work in either mythics or pvp. You just fall back on spamming shadowmend. Disc is a spec that is purely balanced around world first raiding, and that feels AWFUL. Because of how strong it’s been in world first raiding, it’s slowly been nerfed and nerfed and nerfed until it’s only good in raiding. You took away an entire healers healing toolkit expect for one button, and then made it so our new damage to heal toolkit does nothing. Unless we’re raiding at the very top. Why do I only have one healing spell as disc? Why does pw:shield not absorb damage anymore? Why does every other healer do more healing and damage than the damage-to-heal healer?

I can’t wait for wrath… I just want to play disc again. Not whatever abomination of a spec blizz turned disc into on retail. Disc main for like 14 years these last couple of xpacs have absolutely ruined the spec.

ps: maybe change the spec description for disc when you’re creating a new class? If a new player reads disc they might get the wrong impression. It doesn’t prevent or absorb damage at all anymore. It’s basically a bad hpal with extra steps to do less.

8 Likes

Agreed I would also point out that Disc bubble is now trash, in M+ and raids> I seen they buffed it in PVP. If it is unless in PVP its just as bad with 5-8 mobs hitting your tank.

this

It’s just as useless in pvp, unfortunately. While the absorb is slightly larger(still tiny), it’s not enough to stop more than a couple of auto attacks. Almost every single ability in the game hits harder than what pw:shield absorbs.

2 Likes

Now is a good time to rework Disc, with new talent trees (lol if you can call them that). I would love to see a good faith effort.

2 Likes

Idk i quite like disc for m+. Only problem i have with it is the semi low dmg, the healing part feels fine too me.

If anything I hope they rework all healers to be able to do comparable damage and for once come into the realization that disc needs to have different atonement scaling in 5 man content as opposed to raid.

Blizz, as you said, balances healers mostly around mythic raiding and then the top healer gets nerfs after nerfs that have a considerably higher effect in m+ scenarios than in raid.

It’s really beyond me how this goes through unnoticed, it’s almost like they’re a small indie company but in reality they’re just greedy I guess and don’t want to have extra developer teams for different parts of the game, such as how they don’t have testers, they just do closed beta, open beta and then ignore 50% of the feedback and do whatever anyways.

3 Likes

Go back to Pandaria-style attonment, where it was the “filler” between our main healing spells.

yes a rework is time

edit, just now seen you same in other priest post
:slight_smile:

No class should ever be balanced around world first. That’s a huge problem with the game. World first is a tiny niche and at best an interesting anecdote and speculation for the ppl that make up the backbone of this game.

P.s. dmg shouldn’t have ever been capped to reduce healing throughput.

2 Likes

The game is better when each spec and class has it’s unique ability. With that said, they can also bring back Mana Burn with a 30sec cd…

The game would likely not be balanced around world first if the world first meta wasn’t what every other guild was playing in their prog.

The vast majority of players just emulate the top tier guilds, and that’s how the game gets so heavily slanted towards specific WF spec balance changes.

1 Like

I do my best to ignore it. I do plenty dps to get thru lfr, herioc dungeons and low end mythic dungeons.

I reckon I would do fine in normal mode raids.

Herioc raids in BFA where challenging from a gear and numbers perspective.