Why are you allowing GDKP in SoD?

Seems to be a misconception that everyone is walking out of gdkps with 100’s of gold. Unless there some dumbo throwing gold at everything you might be lucky to walk out with 30g let alone 100g. Unless you are running 8 level 25’s doing gdkps on every single one on every lockout the only people make REAL gold are the people setting up these raids because they are double dipping by taking a host cut plus their normal cut and most likely they are the ones running these non-stop.

Below is a simple 2 steps solution to GDKP:

1- Never participate in one
2- When you see the phrase “GDKP” in chat, right click and push ignore.

If everybody does these 2 simple steps we won’t have any issues with GDKP.

Fake numbers mean nothing.

Actual history does though. Blizzard introduced a physical Authenticator to players in Lich King as a response to the greatly increased account theft reports. Why were they being stolen? To liquidated all player assets into gold to be sold to other players.

And not a single gdkp was in sight during this time period. Vanity, consumables, trades, AH, and everything else, was.

But sure, let’s ignore 15 years of history and be mad at gdkps for whatever reason.

1 Like

Bullcrap. The issue with GDKP is to trying to monetize everything and undermine the importance of guilds.

None of that crap happens to guilds.

The only thing GDKP facilitates is RMT.

2 Likes

Pug raids exist? You sleep

Pug raid exists with a loot system you don’t like? Scream about it on the forums for years for no reason.

You people are delusional and cope filled with trash arguments that are dismantled with half thought comments.

If you’re going to ride the hill of “muh guild importance” then maybe guilds should be better than a pug loot system.

GDKP is a player issue. There’s no way to tell whether the gold was farmed legitimately or not. Just ignore them and find a guild.

I don’t want your dirty RMT gold and I am not gonna give you the gold I made from questing. Period. I rather stick to /roll. Keep your garbage GDKP crap out of classic.

1 Like

Projection.

Didn’t ask.

No.

Guilds should be better than a pug loot system if they don’t want to be replaced by said pug loot system. Seethe more.

Right!

Gdkp’s dump huge amounts of gold in guilds/groups, that directly benefit from swift card whales.

This people compete in AH against the average player that doesn’t do gdkp’s and by extent doesn’t have access to whale gold.

That’s one of the reasons why there’s people in the forums and in social media white knighting gdkp’s as it was the last fight of their lives.

Just be a sweaty guild and sit on top of gdkp’s and do nothing besides get capped on gold, at the expense of made in rmt gold, hoarding like there is no tomorow, for the next phases.

Gdkp’s are a disease in classic.

1 Like

Ahem

:point_down:

You can close your eyes and ears to it, doesn’t make the history less true.

But cope more though.

1 Like

I love claims like these, because they’re completely unhinged and based upon nothing but the poster’s personal views and vibes.

GDKPs are fine.

1 Like

Just woke up might do a few gdkps today

Stay mad

1 Like

Report the gdkps lol, theyve been dropping like flies, look at reddit and this forum, plenty of them getting banned. Keep up on mass reporting them, maybe theyll go back to era, the game they killed :skull::skull:

1 Like

He says his lie so confidently.

1 Like

I have plenty of action taken in my mailbox and i only report gdkps and boosting :clown_face:

Show a screenshot of it.

1 Like

So, you are saying you’re reporting boosters, which have been known to be done by bots, or by account sharers, and are now saying those reports guarantee prove you’ve gotten gdkp players banned.

I know for a fact that mail does not provide any information other than “someone” you reported had “something” happen to them.

What brilliant lies from a mouth breather.

1 Like

Well… While I don’t think GDKP should or even could be banned (because they would just change the name or find alternative ways to do the same thing).

It does not have the same feel as doing MS/OS rolls in the game. When you win a great item in MS/OS you get a huge rush of dopamine. How do I know this? I use to play D2 for like a decade and never ever touched D2jsp… I hated the idea of using a false currency to buy items I could just magic find for and get a dopamine hit! It’s what kept me playing! I was addicted to the find.

Wow MS/OS rolls have the same dopamine effect and when you’re just buying the item in a raid wide auction that effect is not the same. In fact I’ve seen buyers remorse more than dopamine rush.

GDKPs and gold buying are inherently tied to one another. If the pay out is too low, nobody bothers wasting a lock out. They would rather have the gear for themselves and their friends. What brings people to GDKPs is gold buyers sharing their ill gotten money across an entire raid group. These people then go on to overpay for services and items and it causes hyper inflation in the economy which makes the average player’s experience worse. There’s not exactly a high bar to getting into GDKPs, so everyone begins hosting them and joining them in an effort to keep up with the inflation. The problem only gets worse from here. The entire server proceeds to boost the worst people in the community just so they can afford to do their raids and enjoy their pvp. To anyone who doubts this, go check out how ridiculous Whitemane is. Blizzard needs to take a hardline stance on this before it becomes the norm on SoD too.

1 Like

A wall of BS spoken from someone who actively just wants to blame gdkps for all of their perceived problems.