Why are you against PvP-PvE transfers

that’s overall though. If every single player on both factions logged on at the same times. Also, it’s probably more horrifying on large servers than smaller ones. Only Blizzard has the actual data of population sizes, and when each faction logs in. There could be a server of 40/60 overall, but during primetime more Alliance log in than Horde making it closer to 50/50 at that time.

1 Like
  1. Blizzard is not against this and it will be coming, because it existed in vanilla. Paid transfers were a thing and could be from pvp to pvp or from pvp to pve (but not from pve to pvp).

2. It unconditionally doesn’t matter what players think about the issue, this entire thread is actually pointless. That feature did exist in vanilla and will be in classic.

I’m not against them but I do think that it should be seriously considered. I would not move to a PvE server in Classic. Obviously in retail now there is no such thing so have toons all over flagged. I would be bored because like PvP. First choice would be to try to find a closer balanced PvP server so move from PvP crappy balanced server to PvP decent balanced server.

Why do you think everybody who’s complaining came from retail? Most of them are probably people who played as teenagers and came back thinking it would be just like it was. Their mistake was thinking that they were the same. Lots of people are discovering that they don’t have the time they did. It’s not just “oh, you’re too soft for a REAL GAME”.

1 Like

This is an interesting premise for a guessing game.

I suspect that most of the people who played Vanilla are not the ones complaining. I remember trying to convince my friends from highschool to reroll on a PVP server (we were on a PVE server, and they had all started on a PVP server). People seemed terrified of PVP servers.

It really doesn’t matter. Blizz is going to do what they think is right. It’s just a discussion.

I’d personally prefer if they would allow paid transfers, although I do not see blizzard even considering it before the opening of AQ.

Pretty much all pvp servers are going to struggle opening them gates if paid servers xfers were available.

Yes. By her own admission. she rather the game die than people leave a server to play in the manner they enjoy.

2 Likes

i can’t understand that at all. better to have faction imbalanced realms than no one playing.

Selfishness and short-sightedness writ large.

Classic will die from

A) Massive transfers that lead to great unbalanced servers
B) Some randoms quitting the game

Pick one.

It’s weird.

people can reroll
but xfer = bad :rage:

Exactly what you said, just holding pve players hostage because the dominant faction want to honor farm. All they’re doing is preventing the inevitable. People will slowly reroll, and eventually majority will leave the server; whether spending $25 USD or not.

3 Likes

The people that are against transfers are willing to gamble that most of the players will stick it out. And some will…for a while. But then what?

You’re willing to gamble players like me will stick around if paid transfers ruin the remaining balance of PVP servers, we most definitely won’t and are the core playerbase that have been playing 1.12 before classic even came out.

We won’t stick around because that’s not true to the oldschool-MMORPG experience we’re trying to get. I’ts not nostalgia, it’s a style of game that died out and the MMORPG market is starved of at the moment. Personally I can’t wait for pantheon so I can finally be around a community of gamers that “get it”.

You ask why I think everyone here is from retail, it’s because they truly don’t “get it”, paid transfers go against everything this MMORPG is supposed to be about.

RIP Brad McQuade, glad he got to flesh out Pantheon before he passed.

you’re a pserver player aren’t you? why would blizz give a flip about you guys when you literally stole for years and years and do nothing but complain about classic as it sits? i’m a retail player and have been since the beginning. you were at one point as well. so don’t look down your nose.

I’m a WoW player with a subscription history that goes back from 2005 and doesn’t miss a year until 2018. Which I played pservers from the end of legion until classic came out. ( LOVED LEGION BTW)

Warmode is what made me quit retail. And now i’m playing classic.

Not a “pserver player”, I just love WoW (not modern retail)

It’s the same number of players. Everybody who is miserable because they aren’t having fun because of what they now realize will never be fun, on your server, on any server, is going to stop playing anyway.

Sometimes we see the attitude that “these people should be forced to stay on their pvp server and forced to log in and give me free kills” for some unrecoverable mistake they made while rolling originally.

On retail we saw this often until they eliminated the pvp server designation. “These people should have to pay hundreds of dollars of real money to move their characters to a normal server, because they knew exactly what they were getting into 15 years ago at the age of 10, when they rolled to play with their friends who quit over a decade ago. And now their faction is a minority and they can’t go out into the world, but it’s their own fault and they should pay forever for not being psychic like I was!”

Do you really think that having a great many level 60’s who never log in again is going to provide balance?

1 Like

I want everybody to stick around. This is a great game. There’s something for everybody to do and enjoy. Stop making it seem like it’s an us or them situation.

2 Likes

Well, then you’re choosing to be ignorant to hearing my side and many others of why this would be a terrible thing, it’s like speaking to a wall because you apparently think we just want people to sit around and suffer and be miserable when it would be like opening up the flood gates to server instability… We want the server to be a world where your choices matter and your reputation matter and the name and rivalries you create on the server are made and finished ON THAT SERVER, it’s just the way things went back then and the experience we’re trying to get. So stop making it seem like we don’t have a valid point because this game was designed for people like us originally. All of the original devs came from EverQuest. There is tons of EQ references in this game. I made my first character a druid because it’s what I mained in everquest.

Anyone who played EQ or games around this time know exactly what type of game this is supposed to be, server transfers don’t line up with it.

2 Likes

there’s already been a ton of free transfers and you haven’t quit. why? somehow someone going to a pve server so they can continue to play is somehow more messed up than 96% of one pvp server being horde due to free transfers?