Why are you against PvP-PvE transfers

Have you learned absolutely nothing from the existing transfers?

The dominant faction is not inclined to leave their position of power. If it was, Heartseeker would have stopped being 80/20 Alliance months ago.

Lmao. It’s not “the way the internet was 20 years ago” it’s how this game was designed to run. It’s not going to work any other way, and the other alternative is dead PVP servers. Why even have PVP servers at that point?

It’s not like it’s some absurd thing to want healthy, balanced servers in classic that serve their purpose.

1 Like

that’s why WM exists, my dude.

We learned when given the chance the lower pop many players will abandon their allies. So we shouldn’t give that chance and hurt that faction anymore than it already is.

Where are these healthy, balanced servers?

Stalagg? Skeram? Fairbanks? Heartseeker? Go take a look at Ironforge or Classic Census and find me all these examples of healthy servers. There is no alternative. Theres nowhere for the excess Horde to go, outside of turning Heartseeker and Arcanite Reaper into two more Horde dominated PvP realms. You are arguing about the deck chairs needing to be just-so on the Titanic. You can blame Blizzard, the players, it doesn’t matter. Faction imbalance on PvP realms shot so thoroughly to hell that there is no way to fix it. Your mythical fantasyland where we have the game as it was intended 15 years ago is never going to happen, either because of allowing people to leave these hellscapes or because they quit the game because they can barely leave their cities.

The only, only possible fix is BGs and thats entirely dependent on Horde not having such astronomical queues that they supplement their sporadic BGs by continuing to farm honor in the world in between.

1 Like

Its a moot point. If a server is 60/40 or worse, its terminally ill. Sure the super hardcore guilds may be having a good time, but your average person probably isn’t.

What you’re arguing for is keeping 950 people on a server they aren’t enjoying so that 50 people don’t get abandoned. Not only is that illogical, its a good way to get those people to quit anyways, rendering your preposterous concern moot anyways.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree with you. I know that the ratio and the game is screwed as of right now but but I don’t think paid transfers would help, I think they would act as an accelerant.

The ratios were going to be skewed to begin with, horde is the dominant faction but we both know the queue fiasco dispersed so many people that it compounded the problem and created the snowball.

I don’t disagree with you that it’s pretty much a sinking ship, but faction queues could be done. Maybe even transfers for horde, but allowing alliance to just transfer off will surely kill this game off and there really isn’t even a point to play classic if not for the open world. The PVE in this game is horribly boring.

Accelerated or not, its going to happen. Doing it your way does nothing but insure that when the bottom finally does give out, there are fewer people around.

Faction queues are an atrocious idea, by the way. The toothpaste is out of the tube. In fact, its smeared all over the sink, the mirror and the ceiling. Theres too many Horde and as much as the vindictive part of me wants them to squirm, its not fair to effectively lock them out of the game because of the faction they picked anymore than its fair to lock Alliance into staying on borderline unplayable PvP realms.

Blizzard completely botched this. It was a disaster 15 years in the making that began the minute they decided to ignore faction imbalances outside of tacit admissions like adding EMFH in Wrath to try and get people to play Alliance or Blood Elves in TBC to get people to roll Horde. They’ve made it clear they’ll never directly intervene (nor should they, frankly), which is the only way at this point to remedy the situation.

Just let people off. Hinging your argument on realms becoming the next Flamelash in a week or in two months is so nitpicky it really isn’t worth considering.

2 Likes

OK, but how is keeping players on the 20% side of an imbalance where they are helping? It just makes them hate playing the game.

The fact is- there’s aren’t many healthy, balanced pvp servers left, and the solution of trying to force players to stay in garbage situations solely to provide the faction that stacked with fodder is a pretty garbage solution. These servers are dropping players rapidly- whether to quitting or rerolling, it still ends up being the same for that server.

A lot of lopsided servers will become Flamelash with PCT- but they’re going to become that slowly regardless.

5 Likes

Burp, paid transfers from pvp to pve WILL come. There is no point to this debate. They will come because they were part of vanilla.

The solution would have been to faction lock character creation on pvp servers at 50%.

People always say “that would kill the game” but that’s speculative, since blizzard has never once tried it.

Any outcomes from that are pie in the sky.

They are pursuing the same policies they originally did, and that will lead to the same outcomes.

There is no reason to keep talking about it. Blizzard thinks that their failed policies will magically not fail this time, so silly.

PvP servers in classic WILL die. Every single one of them.

In time.

The simple truth is, pvp servers cannot coexist with a hands-off approach from the devs. They should have learned this and changed their approach, but they did not.

That is the end of the story.

3 Likes

Im ok with pvp to pve transfers, keeping players is good for the game, I just dont want my server to become a one faction server, but the simple fact is blizz hasnt fixed the faction imbal in retail, if they can’t fix it inn the version of the game that is their baby, they arent going to attempt anything in classic.

Why would they not?

There are a set of options that blizzard has steadfastly refused to consider using, ever in retail or classic, under the guise that speculative reasons for NOT doing so are fact.

When we DO know the results of the approach they take.

The tools they WON’T use have unknown results, because they won’t try them.

The tools they WILL use (doing nothing / unnecessary knee-jerk free transfers) lead down one road, with a well-known endpoint.

Edit: Blizzard is doing literally the exact same thing they did before, with total refusal to consider another method, even though the method they used before failed totally. Completely. Absolutely. Blizzard’s method for dealing with pvp servers is a 100% failure rate, is it not?

And they just wanna do it again.

Maybe this time, eh? :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems like a horde problem to me.

Server transfer happened on a server transfer open server.

g o T o RE T a IL

You reap what you sow, hordling.

1 Like

The only fix that could have possibly worked was server caps and faction caps on some servers and open up more to spread the players out. As of now pvp servers are on life support and will be dead just like they are in retail. Blizzard and the player base is to blame for this.
Blizz botched the opening, the players could have help somewhat fix it, but guess what? Majority of players like being on the opposing faction that has numbers. Those servers that had overwhelming horde/alliance didnt even transfer. They dont want even pvp, they want to dominate. Now you cant do anything, you cant do faction locks, or ques. Youd run into the issue of players missing raids or not being able to play with friends. You also run into guild/player name issues if you try and merge servers.

Pvp servers dont work on a pve centric game. The concept is cool, but the outcome is what you see now because players are in control of the fate. All Blizzard did was provide a sharp knife, the player base made a gushing wound.

Your best bet is to let the pve crowd move and coordinate with the other pvp servers and move around. Those 60/40 servers WILL turn into flamelash.

3 Likes

Yeah, the thing that’s so hard to understand is why they’d do it twice.

They absolutely know where their policy leads, there were 15 years of pure failure and loss, which led to the total end of pvp servers.

Abject, complete failure, with not a single point to argue FOR the path blizzard took the first time. Not one single positive thing. A literal total failure.

But let’s try the same thing again! Maybe some magic will happen this time…

The game was not designed to run with the population Herod currently has.

2 Likes

If they had more control at launch I think it might have been better but the outcome would have been the exact same in the end.

They could have had that control, they chose again not to do so, for purely speculative reasons.

Can’t keep the factions balanced, people will quit!

Can’t queue the factions, that’ll make people quit!

Yeah… the greatest loss of subs the game ever saw was when they removed pvp servers.

Just stupid repetition of failure.

I don’t like this. It’s like the minor faction is locked in a cell and the people who want to leave for pve servers are doomed.

1 Like

You are exactly correct. What will happen is the same thing that happened in retail, but only much faster.

Every pvp server will die.

Everyone will just go to pve because blizzard follows foolish policies based on speculation about how to run pvp servers.

This will take less than 2 years, I think.

1 Like