Why are the servers so laggy

I had made the decision to go ahead and get that stupid cloak on at least the four toons I’ve decided to take into Shadowlands. However I can’t do the quest requirements there at all due to that lag. Just had to forget it and leave. This is absurd for a multi-billion dollar company like Acti-Blizz. Even way smaller and indie companies have more stable servers. Jeez.

Normally I have very little lag, today though is crazy. Difficult to fight or do much of anything as I have to wait for 3 to 10 sec. before the action goes though.

FPS is 90-100, lat 18-20. My IP test is good, though obviously that’s just between me and the testing server.

Perhaps a routing server is having an issue, I don’t know. I have normally 116 mbs download… Gaming computer with up to date drivers.

Borean Tundra and Shadowsong are horrid. All thoughout Kul’Tiras. Not just one zone. /sigh

Their servers are probably ancient. I also have a feeling that CRZ and sharding aren’t helping the hamsters turn those wheels. They need to invest in some new stuff, connect a crap ton more relams, drop CRZ and implement layering. New coding and new servers may help.

But I could also be talking out my butt. I honestly don’t know much about gaming servers. I’ve only been in a server room once.

1 Like

I think it has to do with CRZ and sharding as well. There have been periods this expansion when they don’t appear to be pushing CRZ and the game operates a lot better.

2 Likes

Yeah, that makes sense.

1 Like

When you cheapen out on servers then force all the players into the same zone - its not rocket surgery.

The server can’t even handle people trying to kill the world boss.

1 Like

Currently its Horde in Drustvar rolling in 20+ deep raids ruining the WM server.

Killed the world boss in vale on my mage about 10 mins ago and the lag was horrible. :joy:

reset day and assaults are up.

1 Like

if anyone wants to attempt to be part of the solution, head over to tech support and provide information which could help.

there don’t seem to be any threads which were created today after whatever changes were made.

start a new thread for todays issue… no point posting in an old thread with fresh info.

[Zuvykree]
When the issue is occurring please run a WinMTR to host IP: 103.4.115.248 for 10 minutes. Post the results back here within code blocks </>. Other information we would like to know:

• Does this latency only occur in Battle for Azeroth zones or anywhere in game?
  • When the latency is occurring what does your Home/World latency report. You can see this by placing your mouse over the red question mark next to your bags.

This information will help us greatly! Just make sure to collect it when the issue is at it’s worst and during the time frame stated.

and/or

[Caterpepi]
By chance is the task manager showing high RAM or CPU usage spikes when the delays start? (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to open the Task Manager).

Does it help to close background applications and security applications ? We’ve seen some situations in other games where the usage spikes due to third party applications or overlays like the Discord overlays.

If the issue continues, please provide DxDiag files between (~~~~)

Why do you keep on insisting that this isn’t a game problem. This isn’t something that just started occurring today.

In any case, people are free to do what they want but tech support has never been able to fix this before.

1 Like

That stinks that so many people are having these issues. I’ve not had any issues with the Vale, World boss in the Vale or any lag whatsoever in patch 8.3 on any of my 31 alts.

Yes you keep saying that. If I went into the game right now I wouldn’t be having any issues either.

Just out of curiousity which servers are you playing on.