Why are raids so melee unfriendly?

Why do mythic raid guilds always sit melee? Why are fights designed against melee so much?

1 Like

They typically aren’t designed against melee the mechanics just favor ranged because melee just lose damage when they have to be away from the boss and ranged don’t.

5 Likes

Then melee should do more damage to make up for it.

15 Likes

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

What?

Everyone would just go ranged if melee stinks.

1 Like

and ranged lose dps when we have to move at all, except hunters.

4 Likes

I get the not standing in fire part (I get it, just don’t understand it,) but how many circles of doom need to be created in an instance?

7 Likes

You ever think people play melee because they like it?

Also unholy DK is basically the top dps spec in raids right now so…

Not if they’re willing to choose their Covenant based on the meta.

What? What does picking your best covenant have to do with wanting to play melee?

5 Likes

Reinforces the mentality that you should only play this or that.

Not conductive behavior to a friendly or welcoming environment.

1 Like

M ashvane as a lock felt so bad. Even with portal placement.

I can’t say jack about this tier

No it’s not. Affliction warlock and boom kin with a few fire mages are top

1 Like

they aren’t designed against melee. the average player is just really bad and being melee expounds on that.

5 Likes

I could be wrong…but the Sludgefist fight seems like it was designed to punish melee.

2 Likes

and the mechanics that go against ranged don’t punish them?

I can’t really think of any fights that have mechanics that specifically punish ranged and not melee…

I can think of plenty that punish melee and not ranged. Most the of the time the ranged punishment is forcing them to stand in melee.

7 Likes

I have noticed a lot of raids and dungeons for many years have been like that. Range DPS consistently just have to stand there spamming DPS while melee have to be very watchful of where the boss is facing and any other mechanic that can instantly kill them. Range just stands there and occasionally has to move out of the way. Kinda sad, really. But that is why you see so many ranged DPS now and many tops DPS are ranged, it is just easier. Especially in mythic+.

4 Likes

Numerically, Unholy has a better damage profile than Affliction/Boomkin/Fire for this raid except on specific fights (Huntsman for Aff, Council for Boomkin, and Sludgefist for Fire).

Unholy brings the most raid damage for the level of utility it offers groups. Grip fundamentally changes some fights, it offers by far the best Execute damage in the game, and Anti-Magic Zone is the second-best raid cooldown in the game behind Devo+AM.

im sure my little pony adventure doesn’t have many raid mechanics