Why are quests not voice acted?

You repeatedly call them lazy rather than look at logical reasons and quip “moot point” as a non-sequitur, like

How does what the community does have absolutely anything with WoW’s budget?

Yeah, no.

They have new designs every expansion, and cinematics, and concept art.

The community wanted voice acting so they starting making an addon and Blizz killed it… and yet ThEy DoNt hAvE ThE bUdGet For iT… okay?? So let the community put the addon!! Help them make it happen, give them guidelines yo make it work… some constraints to work within it without infringing on whatever… so that point youre making is dumb af.

Yes. RS3 graphics have more options, better optimized for 2k, better filters, better everything all around… the graphics for it are a different art choice but they are better optimized. And the entire game is optimized! Not just the new zone! Lol so yea… RS3 wins that one.

WoAh! They make new art and designs for new expansions??? Its almost like you have to pay for them or something! I would think for a new paid for expansion you would recycle old content!

3 Likes

The two things are completely unrelated.

Gonna disagree.

Yes, hence, budget

The budget is spent on what? An expac 85% of the player base pans? They call lazy design… just busy work… idk man.
Im all about making an experience and making the start to finish as best as possible.
A lot of payers want voice acting. They should fit that in the budget or let the players make it thenselves.

2 Likes

Which is a bummer, that doesn’t mean the money wasn’t spent.

This is the first thread I’ve ever seen anyone asking for voice acting for the quest text.

Well if this is the only one youve seen then it must be the only one? lol

Go look at the thousands of people who did the voice acting for the project alone… there has been two addon attempts that was a community effort… just because you havent seen it doesnt mean people dont want it…

Its gross to me there are people making so many excuses for Blizz and their poor decisions… WoW can be so much better than it is in so many different ways. Voice acting is just a minor quality of life one.

The budget excuse is such a copout when every other game can seem to fit it in… lol i cant get over that excuse. lol

2 Likes

I havent seen any other threads, no.

I didn’t say that. I was calling into question the “ a lot of people want it”.

There are many valid complaints to be had for the current decisions being made in WoW… not having an NPC voice aloud to you going to collect those 7 beetle brains for them is not one of them.

And to what scale do those games function on?

2 Likes

7 beetle brains? Are you seriously this daft? Idk if youre a troll or brainless… its entire quest chains of actual story. You are a stupid person tbh.

2 Likes

Well that was uncalled for. Y’all were asking for the quest texts to be voiced. You didn’t specify only certain ones.

1 Like

An undead warrior is fitting for the brainless. You’re a bad troll.

2 Likes

So bereft of an argument you resort to insults and claiming I’m a Troll for disagreeing with you. Right.

1 Like

You arent argueing anything or making any point… you’re just trolling…

3 Likes

I did put forth arguments, you descended into insults.

1 Like

They should just provide the option for text to speech for all text - including chat.

5 Likes

maybe you should get better at READING, instead of having mediocre weirdos blab all the text for you

Issue isn’t reading, its immersion in the story. And its sad you would call a bunch of passionate people that were excited for something “mediocre weirdos”… I hope people don’t say the same thing to you when you get hyped about something.

4 Likes

Sorry to necro, but TTS (Text to speech) software should be implemented for those with visual impairments anyway. Shocking that they don’t seek to make their game more inclusive.

1 Like

They could find talented voice actors that need money or some work credibility and would do it a bit cheaper.

2 Likes

/facepalm :yawning_face:

They definitely didn’t factor in how to make this video game easier for blind people to play minus LFR. We should get pitchforks and storm their headquarters.

Millions? A bit far fetched… I would do it just for the fact I am sick of getting headaches trying to read the text that should by all rights be voice acted as well. But nope Blizzard has to rip down everything someone tries to make as an addon.

2 Likes