Why are people so upset over the shop mog?

Look at the other threads that explain exactly why people are upset for your answer.

The mog was likely going to be a Blizzcon ticket reward. It was always going to be money based. When Blizzcon got cancelled, I suspected they still needed to make that revenue.

2 Likes

The sad thing is. Given how things IRL have shown and especially with gaming companies, I have become reassured in the belief that logic will always be carried to its extreme at some point if you allow it to take root.

I think a lot of people here who don’t find fault with this are relatively fresh to WoW so they never got to see what happens when you give Blizzard an inch.

“Single difficulty raiding is unfair, only 1% of the population saw Naxxramas!” Now the game has four difficulties with only one being hard, the rest being pretty simple. Meanwhile Normal is LFR, Heroic is actually Normal, Mythic is actually Heroic. LFR is just further dumbed down. No different than when a fast food place makes their medium cup a “large” and their large cup some other name like “Grande”. You think you’re getting more out of it, but you’re not, it’s just clever word play.

“I can’t commit to a raid team, I need queued raids.” LFR comes to be, and eventually normal and heroic are made crossrealm with a group finder. Also because you can’t expect these people to clear it, the difficulty had to be cut down a bit to facilitate their completion. The writing on the wall for this was in Cataclysm launch when we saw precisely what happens when you take a gaggle of people, throw them into a difficult dungeon and expect them to clear it. Know what it looked like? Sweeping nerfs that basically became baseline on all the content knowing if people couldn’t clear it, they would cry.

“Gearscore was bad, but we saw what players wanted to accomplish so we’ve basically made Gearscore baseline.”

“Oh calm down, it’s down a mount. It isn’t like we’re selling gold or character boosts.” . . . Yeah, that was actually one of the defenses of the cash shop once upon a time.

Blizzard knows all too well if they threw Pathfinder completion on the store for 100 dollars people would buy it, they’re just simply priming the pump for when they can confidently make that move and not alienate the remaining players. People are right to be concerned and should be pushing back against this. Surrender an inch, they will start asking for feet. Good luck getting a centimeter returned to you unless everyone holds their wallet hostage. Since most of the players are inclined to play the game no matter how bad it gets, this is unrealistic to expect so better just preventative measure them because your only backup plan will not be possible.

1 Like

They were 2000 comments plus I didn’t want to read it all

More like truth you guys are acting so entitled to have a tmog in-game for a achievement that would be a lame daily boring grind people would forget about in a week . Yet it would only be tmoggable during a certain event or holiday knowing blizzard so no .

I hope they make more store transmogs in the future because I like spending $20 onna good set that I can be creative with free of rng . I do enough rng grinds in the game as it is . It doesn’t do any harm at all because it’s optional .

Either buy it or don’t simple . There’s no need to act entitled over pixels .

1 Like

Not having the Con is a huge hit to revenue.

2 Likes

What do you mean there’s no need to act entitled over pixels?

That’s exactly what you did. And you’re telling that to me when we are in a videogame forum?

Hilarious.

And no I do not agree with the cash shop. It is blatantly anti-consumer.

It really is. Personal opinions on the transmog aside, this was a strategic move to reinstate the transmog that was likely attached to a 60$ ticket into the cash shop. Not only is it more affordable for the average player now, but if you opt to pay the 80$ for the 6 month subscription, you have also paid for game time.

2 Likes

So basically what you are saying is because we are subbed we should auto get all the store items for free??? looool
Technically, you can earn it ingame by using wow tokens . So you guys are just being entitled .

1 Like

We should be able to earn it for free in game with effort. Yes.

Sorry you find it to be weird but considering the amount of money we pay for the game, it’s enough.

And no we are not being entitled. We are subscribers and pay for expansions.

You do not understand the meaning of entitled.

You guys are being entitled . You can earn the tmog in-game by using a wow token with your in-game gold ! You guys are all upset they added a tmog to the cash shop and are complaining about not being able to earn it ingame yet you can earn it ingame so đŸ€·đŸ€Ą

There are thousands of items in-game for you to get. Stop being a big baby over one silly transmog.

This “Anti-consumer” schtick your doing is really just you being self-entitled.

2 Likes

You can it’s called using a WOW TOKEN :clown_face:

2 Likes

Yet another “earn it with token” supporter.

Look. An ingame goal with static gold or achievement is way better than having tokens which are moving goalposts with unpredictable increases in value.

So no thanks. Rather not depend on tokens which are unstable and are bound to change from time to time.

I got it because of my sub, but I probably would get it just because of how mad it makes certain groups of players. Also, the threats of people not wanting to play with people rocking the transmog means I’m one step closer to single player wow!

3 Likes

They are unobtainable only for lazy people . If you want a tmog for free work for it ingame like you guys want to go work for it ingame . If you have no gold Ingame by now then idk what you are doing in-game to be that poor that you can’t afford 140k :clown_face::clown_face:đŸ€·đŸ€·

1 Like

Manbabies whining, that’s about it.

2 Likes

They would be mistaken since they have already put the 6 month sub mounts on the store.

Then Blizzard can toss it on a vender and force you to pay 2 million gold. There, problem solved.

Hard earned transmog through hard earned gold.

You seem to be conveniently avoiding the part of my post where I clearly state the disadvantages of using tokens as a excuse for the cash shop.

You definitely have no idea what you’re talking about and are just blindly going off on tokens without understanding what or how they work.