Why are people so upset over the shop mog?

Doesn’t really bother me… not gonna be “playing”… er well paying to post on the forums for much longer anyways. I think they could use more cash shop stuff, but ESO offers much better looking gear in their cash shop and for much cheaper… last mog I bought in ESO was like maybe $7 but pretty much free for me since I get monthly cash shop cash and the game is all around better IMO.

I’m definitely not reaching; it’s a well-made set (things can be well made and hideous, fyi, the two aren’t mutually exclusive, right?). The same effort in other sets (even if they’re purchasable only) would be appreciated is all.

I can say something is ugly and not “hate” it. I won’t wear it, despite owning it because of my auto-sub-renewal, because it doesn’t suit me. Not saying they shouldn’t exist, or making fun of people who like it.

Also what do you mean I “didn’t come up with that” by myself? Are you assuming that I got a team of people together to critique a collection of pixels (though you can barely see them because of the quality)? Sorry if that’s what it takes on your end to come up with a very simple critique =/

Relax.

Mmmmmm yes, even more reason to hardly care about this one set then I guess! :smiley:

ITs the shop in general , in a game where we have to pay to play people see the shop as a greedy attempt to con more money out of us.

2 Likes

Mad because they’re not saving money with a six month sub and just getting it by default :woman_shrugging:

Thats not it at all man and you got suckered if you took a 6 month sub for that thing

It’s only on the forums. I’ve been wearing it for a few days now. Not a peep in game.

2 Likes

Anybody else wish mods would just start locking new threads on this? There are millions others. At this point people are just beating a dead horse for attention.

I’ve had a six-month sub. I know I’ll be subbed in six months, so I’m simply saving money. Mounts and mogs are a bonus.

3 Likes

ahhh that makes sense then

1 Like

I got it with Steamscale Incinerator but honestly I’m uber late to the party. Should have just bit the bullet and got it when the pirate ship was announced… I’m full of regret.

1 Like

I hope they add 100 more tmog in cash store id buy them all :pray:

Its basically this, if people just let it slide it will just get worse, maybe even reaching pay to win at some point

3 Likes

Damn you sure showed them
By wasting your money on something that you don’t even use

:clown_face:

1 Like

I’m just upset it doesn’t show on the armory.

My argument against it is that people who are supporting through the 6 month sub should get it for free and then Blizzard should retire it or put it in game instead of trying to introduce a freemium type cosmetic yet again

In my experience, shop outfits in other games tend to be flashier, but not necessarily always better made than gameplay-earned outfits. Also, shop outfits tend to be the place where developers explore outfit themes/styles that are free from the rules of normal game play outfits. Like… through the shop, a rogue can potentially buy a full suit of heavy plate looking mogs. There are a lot of rogues that would love that.

So I’m all for cash shop mogs. My only beef is the very select color choice. They either need dyes specific to them (think legion relic color selector,) or the purchase of the mog unlocks multiple color variations. Just something, because the electro-blue? Not a whole lot of plate works with that.

2 Likes

It’s a typical hot button topic that internet trolls flock to. Every time they release a new 6 month sub bonus a swarm of trolls tries to stir up the playerbase. In a couple of weeks the topic will die and they’ll be back with another flamebait topic.

1 Like

Outrage for the sake of being outraged. it’s the new “in” thing.

3 Likes

You can almost hear them typing up their new template for April’s angry outcry.

1 Like