Why are people so upset at new ah mount?

yeah…lots of whining…lots of name calling about it since this thing went up for sale. This forum was littered with nasty threads and comments 36-48 hours ago

found another great use for this thing.

You craft?
you hate having to run TO a crafting table, craft, then run to the AH serveral times day?
NO MORE!
Get your “I can stand RIGHT HERE and craft and list all day long” Bruto AH mount today!!!

lol

stupid crafting tables… :roll_eyes:
I just LOVE being in Kalimdor and having to run over to Valdrakken tomake a few stinking bags to sell

Aaaand World of Warships is free to play, is it not?

Added monetization on a full-price expansion with monthly fee is just exploiting bad consumers.

It’s also worth noting that none of these profits seem to go back into the game.

The engine WoW is running on is basically held together with duct tape and gum at this point. The servers struggle to handle a simple world boss fight.

Live support is all but gone.

Expansions continue to get buggier and buggier.

And yet all of these MTX transaction merely feed back to the corporation for short-term profit charts, not long-term sustainability of the game.

1 Like

Kotick got his golden parachute, left a mess for MS, MS wanted the mess, and then threw out the garbage. Hopefully this is temporary, but maybe it’s the new norm.

MS doesn’t really have a track record of de-funding and stripping acquired studios to a bare minimum. This is probably a consequence of the merge, and firing bad manager and employee’s.

1 Like

That is actually Microsoft’s track record, historically speaking. Lionhead Studios, Rareware, and more recently Arkane Austin and Tango Gameworks are all studios that have been dismantled and/or reduced to a shell of what they used to be thanks to Microsoft.

More recently correct? I’m thinking as a whole. Those studio’s when they were first acquired didn’t have a big exodus. right now we’re in a recession.

There’s a name I havent heard since I was a wee lad. Didn’t they make Black and White? Man, I’d kill for a new one of those.

You don’t get the XP points you get if you are subscribed which means it’s a much longer grind to get the next ship you want.

Also, you can’t transfer XP from one ship line to another. So if you want the new US Battleship it won’t help to play your German cruisers or even your US cruisers. You have to play the proceeding US Battleship.

The analogy to me is if Netflix charged a subscription but then took all or most of the things people really want to watch and removed them, making them $9.99/ea.

“Regular” Netflix slowly becomes less compelling to watch, doesn’t it? That’s how I’ve felt about a lot of games that embraced cash shops, even without a subscription… what’s the value for me if all of the best stuff is in the cash shop? pffffft