Why are people so mad with Shadowlands story?

IMO it’s a retelling of his own story arc that unfolded into WotLK. It even had

High Overlord Saurfang says: And while Grom died a glorious death - freeing us all from the blood curse - he could not wipe away the terrible memory of our past.
High Overlord Saurfang says: His act could not erase the horrors we committed.

More in: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Garrosh_Hellscream#Dialogue_with_Saurfang

I wonder, how in the opinion of the devs, attepmts to tell such story would reinforce the faction based narrative, and the factions are “the core”, that it’s a good idea to keep them.

Original vision of the night elves has sort of “warrior culture” side to it. Did not notice that it somehow meant they went rampaging for lulz.

TL;DR of the problem: in W3 / early WoW - the activities of the Burning Legion made the orcs do what they did, even though before that they co-existed with draenei. Post WoD - they’re just fine with taking this path without the Burning Legion.

So far some people claim that since WotLK we have a “good expansion → bad expansion” cycle. Shadowlands supposed to be a good one after BfA, but we’re a couple weeks from the 9.1 release, and the feedback that existed since beta-test still ignored, we’ll get like 5 or 6 new things to grind, and the story bits do not mesh well even with some 9.0 info, yet alone continue the older ones.

We might get magical 9.2, 9.3, but just like MoP after odd 5.0 5.1 made quite a few people leave, there might be not that many people left to even care about 9.2+, given that it likely won’t be available this year.

My prediction: time when people were constantly complaining might end up being a good time when people cared about the direction of the game.

I think the most blizzard problems are related to blizzard. A few sources that make me think so.

gl hf

2 Likes