Why are people allowed to troll/throw/grief random BG with no consequence?

Was honor really that much harder to come by than in dragonflight? How did it take so much longer then. I guess dragonflight is a little more casual friendly cause both sets have a set in stone ilvl. Which is fine I suppose

Shadowlands negativity trolling routine makes it sound like people were trolling in shadowlands when they said it was bad. Which it was.

lol…never mind, over your head.

Honor was as easy as it is now, but the amount you needed to fully upgrade an honor set was 88k, nerfed to ~60k later in the expac.

1 Like

It seems like your post was a jab at all the negative posts that were made during shadowlands. People weren’t making those threads just to troll, the game was genuinely bad.

1 Like

I did try and tell people though with equal ilvl comes worse class balance. And exactly that happended now as expected a handful of specs stand head and shoulders above all the others and naturally everyone like a locust swarm flocks to those specs and gets them nerfed just to do it all over again.

1 Like

This has happened in nearly every season of WoW PvP, regardless of gearing systems used.

People still fotm rerolled in SL, it just took longer to get it set up because of the obnoxious honor grind.

Which was good because at least there was a reprieve. Now a class gets buffed and solo shuffle is full of it in less than 2 maybe 3 days maximum. Now all we need is blizzards motivation to nerf classes in dragonflight combined with that system and then they will all be so disoriented that they will have to stop chasing

Dang… That’s a lot of grinding.

1 Like

That’s just for the honor set, fully upgrading conquest was even more, especially for higher ratings.

1 Like

That sounds really unfun.

And seems like it was a dreadful experience for players trying to close the power gap.

Very doubtful that the system you seem to admire so much will ever come back. Blizzard is very happy with how PvP gearing turned out in DF and so are most players.

1 Like

I stop healing if my team tells me im a bad healer when im doing 4x enemy healers healing

oh wait this is a gear thread

The df gearing system is what put a ret around every corner last patch. And of course got it promptly nerfed heavily as well. Everyone was complaining “oh where did all these rets come from” well they came from the gearing system everyone wanted that allowed those rets to just drop their other character like a bag of rocks and reroll within 2 days. And most of that 2 days is leveling

I’d put the blame more on the balance team than the DF gear system.

Unless you think the better strategy is to make it take a while to gear up so the balance team has more time to put in changes.

But, how many days do you need to figure out that Ret is broken OP? And how many days/weeks does it take to calculate nerfs?

3 Likes

Well it seems to take them half a patch. But then again ret at the start of dragonflight was a complete non issue for literally every class in the game pretty much a free kill. So it needed the buff

I just question how little resources they have for PvP.

If you told me a dev spent 8 hours a day for a few weeks to figure out the proper Ret nerfs, I’d be speechless.

1 Like

That was just poor balancing. You can’t blame that on the gearing system. It has to start with the balancing.

2 Likes

Time, you lose time and effort.

Alrighty, so you’re gonna run RBGs and let anyone with any ilvl in and you should be able to carry them by yourself right?

2 Likes

But it didn’t need to be broken.